Hullabaloo DVD

idealist

I'm in the US, and I wasn't about to pay $100 for the dvd, so I went with this from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Hullabaloo-Soundtrack-Muse/dp/B000A2WNB2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1257778794&sr=8-2

It's $25. But be warned: even though it claims to be NTSC, it is not! I knew this from reading a review in that listing, but I just made a copy of it (ran it through my usual conversion programs) and it worked fine for viewing. I only really got it because I wanted to rip the audio of the concert at the best quality possible, so I needed an original. I use it for running -- Hullabaloo is definitely my happy pill. Gah, the energy is amazing. And I haven't even gotten to the infamous documentary disc yet.

Well I live in NZ and I got my copy of Hullabaloo off a user-trading store (like eBay). It was sold from another person though it was completely new. If you can't find any copies of Hullabaloo in stores you might want to check a site like eBay. Note: I got the Hullabaloo soundtrack, not the DVD (though Hullabaloo soundtrack also has a live disc if you like that).

Yeah! I might go that route!

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...

So I've had the Hullabaloo DVD for a while and before now have only ever played it on my TV through my DVD player and it has always played in purely black and white. Tonight I converted it onto my compy to put on my iphone and it is now playing in color. I'm wondering why it is playing in different color schemes depending on what I play it through. Is it a fault of my DVD player or something? If anyone could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Hullabaloo = Live footage from Le Zenith in Paris + 'Behind the scenes' footage from around the world with various B-sides.

Hullabaloo Soundtrack = B-sides collection used in the second disc in Hullaballo, plus a selection of songs from the Zenith performance (Not the whole thing and omits their 'hits' from that period).

Wow, I wish I would have found this thread before ordering the DVD :(

Thing only plays on my desktop. :(

Which is quite weird, with family always walking by and all :erm:

so it's a regional thing?

Yeah. It's PAL which only plays in certain regions.

US dvd players are set to NTSC, but these day a lot of the newer dvd players can play both.

For any US musers who are looking for the Hullabaloo DVD:

Best Buy sells it, though you probably have to order it rather than find it in a store. They swear up and down that anything they sell is Region 1 and should play just fine. I ordered it last night, so hopefully it will be here soon. I will let you know if it plays on my DVD player. I still haven't found a reliable place to order the Absolution DVD and be sure it's Region 1.

So, I bought the DVDs today. But when I put disc 1 in my PC it plays the stuff, that should be on disc 2 (and the other way around). Have no problem with it, just wondering if anybody else experienced the same?

Oh, and all the songs with the "multi-camera angles" stumble (sorry, can't explain better) while playing. Havent't tried it on the TV though (only PC).

Sorry for my english, I'm disctracted by this great concert!:musesign:

So, I bought the DVDs today. But when I put disc 1 in my PC it plays the stuff, that should be on disc 2 (and the other way around). Have no problem with it, just wondering if anybody else experienced the same?

Oh, and all the songs with the "multi-camera angles" stumble (sorry, can't explain better) while playing. Havent't tried it on the TV though (only PC).

Sorry for my english, I'm disctracted by this great concert!:musesign:

Yes, the same for me, Disc 1 should be Disc 2 and the other way round. Weird but who cares, great concert!:D

• 2 weeks later...
I don't have the DVD but I suspect you mean Hyper Chondriac Music. Just google it and see. It's on the Hullabaloo soundtrack.

I looooove your sig. :LOL:

Thank you very much. Now have it on my I-Pod. It's a beautiful song. :)

Very beautiful indeed :happy:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

My hullabaloo digipack came today that I bought used from an amazon seller.

All is fine, Case fine, Discs play. But just one thing that is very odd..

Disc 1 is the Gig and Disc 2 is the collection of B sides.

Everywhere else I've checked, including the back of the case itself. The Gig is on Disc 2 and the B Sides are on Disc 1.

Was there any known misprint of the cd's to cause this?

Archived