Hullabaloo DVD

idealist

if there's already a thread like this i'm sorry. i searched, i swear.

i got the hullabaloo dvd from hmv.co.uk a couple of weeks ago and tried to play it in my roomate's ps2 console up at school. that didn't work so i figured it was the fault of megan's POS playstation. when i came home last week i tried it in our family's dvd player and it said something about how the disc wasn't readable. has anyone else experienced similar problems or did i just get a faulty disc set? damn technology :mad:

i got the hullabaloo dvd from hmv.co.uk a couple of weeks ago and tried to play it in my roomate's ps2 console up at school. that didn't work so i figured it was the fault of megan's POS playstation. when i came home last week i tried it in our family's dvd player and it said something about how the disc wasn't readable. has anyone else experienced similar problems or did i just get a faulty disc set? damn technology :mad:

take it back and say its faulty, i borrowed hullabaloo and it worked fine for me...but didn't wen i returned it, could have been the fact of dropping it in the sink

take it back and say its faulty, i borrowed hullabaloo and it worked fine for me...but didn't wen i returned it, could have been the fact of dropping it in the sink

you see that wouldn't be much of a problem if it wasn't a trans-atlantic return trip :( and there are no hmv's in the states

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the dvd in itself. Your copy can only work on a multi-sytem dvd player because dvds in Europe are region 2 while those in the US are region 1 so be very careful when you buys dvds, video games or vhs tapes abroad.

I got my copy of Hullabaloo in New Zealand and it's in region 0, which works on some US dvd players (not mine unfortunately!) but it works fine on computers.

Aren't UK/European DVDs PAL format and American DVDs NTSC format? Maybe that's the problem. PAL DVDs don't work in an NTSC machine. Or something like that, anyway! :confused:
Not all of Eurpoe uses PAL, but most of it does.

PAL doesn't work in NTSC machines.

NTSC works in black and white on PAL machines.

Or something similar.

so basically i'm fucked then...i wonder if my dad's laptop has a dvd player, not that he would let me use it :(

THIS is what the industrial revolution may never have ocurred without...standard, interchangable parts...or in this case formats. guess mr gates didn't do so well in history eh?

er, sorry...got carried away lol :D

Some pee-ople have said it was very risky Muse doing a live dvd but i dont think so because the music was great and there brilliant live

What do you pee-ople think?

Your signature sucks and your pee-ople bugs me very much.

I'm not going to bother answering because i've had this discussion before and it's a never ending pit of boredom and doom of positive and negative replies about the album.

So I'll just stay out of this topic :D

Archived