Hullabaloo DVD

idealist

I just got my hullabaloo dvd off ebay.co.uk (used) and paid a total of about $15 including shipping. you can find just about anything on ebay:)

EDIT: just checked UK ebay and here's a link I found: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MUSE-HULLABALOO-TWO-DISCS-NEW-DVD_W0QQitemZ270350884697QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL?hash=item270350884697&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Make sure you have a region free dvd player or something like that

I ordered from Amazon and the listing said it was a region one and it was a region 2. So they reshipped another one and it was still wrong. So...I have come to the realization that there are no region one Hullabaloo dvd's available. Then why the hell did they charge me $100 for one. I'll probably just buy a region free dvd player.

I ordered from Amazon and the listing said it was a region one and it was a region 2. So they reshipped another one and it was still wrong. So...I have come to the realization that there are no region one Hullabaloo dvd's available. Then why the hell did they charge me $100 for one. I'll probably just buy a region free dvd player.

To my knowledge there is no region 1 version in existence. I always figured the $100 version was a placeholder... at bestbuy.com it always said it was unavailable... I can't believe amazon actually charged you for it :stunned:

What kind of DVD player do you have? Have you ever tried googling around to see if it's possible to unlock it?

My DVD player wasn't anything special, but after looking it up I found that if I entered a certain code in from the remote I could unlock it and set it to any region I wanted. I set it to Reg 0 and now I can watch Hullabaloo and the Abso DVD and can also watch all my regular DVD's too....

i ordered hullabaloo from amazon u.s. and it was only $20 :erm:

i could play it on one of my dvd players but not the other.

but it plays wonderfully on my computer.

i ordered hullabaloo from amazon u.s. and it was only $20 :erm:

i could play it on one of my dvd players but not the other.

but it plays wonderfully on my computer.

Out of curiousity, where did you find the cheap (real) version on amazon? I'm only seeing the $100 one that claims to be region 1.

Expensive! gaaah!

But either way, I'm nearly certain there isn't a US version in existence, so to watch it you have to have a multi-region player....

BTW Amazon also has the Abso DVD for $150 :eek: but says it's no longer available.... :noey:

Can someone clarify for me what all this region 1 business means? :$

Can you change the settings on your DVD player if you get a DVD that's not the right region or whatever?

DVD's are coded to work in specific regions, the US and Canada are region 1, the UK is region 2, etc... it has to do with movies having different release dates in different places and stuff like that...

Wikiwiki

There is also a region 0, which means "region free", and should play in every DVD players (but i've seen US people having trouble with it, possibly due to the different video format...? We're NTSC, nearly everyone else is PAL)

But anyway... if you have a Reg1 dvd player, you can only play Reg1 or Reg0 DVD's.

Some players are multi-region, so they can play anything... and some can be unlocked. Like I said in a post above, my DVD player is a region 1 player, but it can be unlocked to play other regions...

If you're wondering about your player, try googling the model number and region code or something like that... that's how I found out about mine :D

DVD's are coded to work in specific regions, the US and Canada are region 1, the UK is region 2, etc... it has to do with movies having different release dates in different places and stuff like that...

Wikiwiki

There is also a region 0, which means "region free", and should play in every DVD players (but i've seen US people having trouble with it, possibly due to the different video format...? We're NTSC, nearly everyone else is PAL)

But anyway... if you have a Reg1 dvd player, you can only play Reg1 or Reg0 DVD's.

Some players are multi-region, so they can play anything... and some can be unlocked. Like I said in a post above, my DVD player is a region 1 player, but it can be unlocked to play other regions...

If you're wondering about your player, try googling the model number and region code or something like that... that's how I found out about mine :D

Yeah.. I didn't really need to ask that since I went to google right after I posted it. :LOL:

Sorry I wasted your time, thanks for checking! :happy:

I'm ordering Hullabaloo (finally, eh? :facepalm:) tomorrow from ze internets and I thought I better figure out what all this stuff meant.

Yeah.. I didn't really need to ask that since I went to google right after I posted it. :LOL:

Sorry I wasted your time, thanks for checking! :happy:

I'm ordering Hullabaloo (finally, eh? :facepalm:) tomorrow from ze internets and I thought I better figure out what all this stuff meant.

:LOL: It's all good ;) Didn't take any time at all... just the time to type it ;)

I don't think anyone in north america could be blamed for not having the hullabaloo dvd, it's not exactly easy for us to get! :rolleyes:

:LOL: It's all good ;) Didn't take any time at all... just the time to type it ;)

I don't think anyone in north america could be blamed for not having the hullabaloo dvd, it's not exactly easy for us to get! :rolleyes:

Yup... it's not a whole lot of fun searching high and low for anything Muse related for half a year only to get your hands on three of their studio albums and HAARP. :supersad: So I'm doing a massive online Muse merch order when I get home from uni tomorrow: Hullabaloo, Abso Tour DVD, OoS (that's right... they don't even have Origin here :rolleyes:), perhaps a poster or two and a t-shirt. God, I don't know what I would have done without illegal downloading or youtube.

Sorry to double post but I keep seeing different versions on amazon... some seem to have the documetary and others don't and I want to make sure I get the proper one.

Does this one look right to you guys?

http://www.amazon.com/Hullabaloo-Soundtrack-Muse/dp/B000A2WNB2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1236745962&sr=8-2

(And yes, I know it's from the States and not Canada)

It seems right to me, except that it says soundtrack :erm: but then the description sounds like the DVD, so....? :unsure:

Don't take my word for it, maybe wait for the verdict from mskitte, since she got hers from amazon :D

Yup... it's not a whole lot of fun searching high and low for anything Muse related for half a year only to get your hands on three of their studio albums and HAARP. :supersad: So I'm doing a massive online Muse merch order when I get home from uni tomorrow: Hullabaloo, Abso Tour DVD, OoS (that's right... they don't even have Origin here :rolleyes:), perhaps a poster or two and a t-shirt. God, I don't know what I would have done without illegal downloading or youtube.

wow, you can't even find origin? :supersad: that's no good!

My local best buy has all the cd's (including origin and hullabaloo soundtrack) but not the DVD's... I ordered hulla from bestbuy.com and got the abso one from an overseas friend <3 :D

It seems right to me, except that it says soundtrack :erm: but then the description sounds like the DVD, so....? :unsure:

Don't take my word for it, maybe wait for the verdict from mskitte, since she got hers from amazon :D

wow, you can't even find origin? :supersad: that's no good!

My local best buy has all the cd's (including origin and hullabaloo soundtrack) but not the DVD's... I ordered hulla from bestbuy.com and got the abso one from an overseas friend <3 :D

Pathetic isn't it? I can't tell you how many music stores I've gone to and not one of them has had it. :noey:

mskitte you say? Do you know how long ago she ordered it?

Pathetic isn't it? I can't tell you how many music stores I've gone to and not one of them has had it. :noey:

Yes... that is bad... it's sorta odd too... because my copy of origin says copyright 2005 warner music, so it isn't an import or anything -- warner apparently released a "US" version after Muse signed with them.

My Hullabaloo CD, on the other hand, was an import....

mskitte you say? Do you know how long ago she ordered it?

I think it was a couple of weeks ago... she posted up higher on this page *points* :)

EDIT: doh, new page... well, she's on pg 2 :p

Sorry to double post but I keep seeing different versions on amazon... some seem to have the documetary and others don't and I want to make sure I get the proper one.

Does this one look right to you guys?

http://www.amazon.com/Hullabaloo-Soundtrack-Muse/dp/B000A2WNB2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1236745962&sr=8-2

(And yes, I know it's from the States and not Canada)

Get the one with the DVD extras/documentary! You want that documentary. It's quite possibly the best part of Hullabaloo.

Get the one with the DVD extras/documentary! You want that documentary. It's quite possibly the best part of Hullabaloo.

I KNOW! I just ordered it a few hours ago. I checked about 342 times to make sure it had the documentary... it says it does so if for some reason it's not there will be hell to pay. :fear: I also ordered that Hot Topic shirt you posted in another thread (I'm pretty sure it was you). :cool:

I KNOW! I just ordered it a few hours ago. I checked about 342 times to make sure it had the documentary... it says it does so if for some reason it's not there will be hell to pay. :fear: I also ordered that Hot Topic shirt you posted in another thread (I'm pretty sure it was you). :cool:

Was gonna suggest you contact the seller first and confirm if that's really the Hulla DVD but it's too late..well I just hope the person wrote the title wrong and it's the real Hulla DVD.

Good luck with the purchase.

Archived