The only lyrics I can actually decipher are "Hands are red with your bloooood" and "PUPPET STRINGS TO OUR SOOOOOOOOULS!". But it is a seriously good song.

One of my favourite live versions is Earls Court 2004 (was there), where in the final riff they slow it down. And then the Citizen Erased drums kick in. Fucking awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np-3_Gw4Bp8

just when the citizen erased part starts, the vid stops, that sucks

haha, because i don't like one song? good one.

it is not just 1 song, it's one of the best songs ever. There is a reason why they are still playing it live

now that WAS AMAZING

the "studio version" of the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juz2jgfBgyc

the only thing that is missing for the biggest muse-gasm ever is some overdriven "fighter yourself" and some pinch harmonics (still something you could make if you have the instrumental version of micro cuts, the normal version of dead star and the vocal only version of dead star but i'm not gonna do that xD)

you are definitely NOT a real muse fan :eek::facepalm:

I don't really like Microcuts, but I've seen Muse 4 times, including travelling from Derby to Teignmouth and back, and then Wembley. But that makes me a bad fan right? My friend went to another country to see Muse, he doesn't like Microcuts much.

Im really not much for Micro Cuts either, there is only two lines of the song which i can clearly decipher...But i had exactely the same thing with Overture, i could only decipher two lines, as i listened to it more and learnt the words, it has become my favourite Muse song :)

Is it just me that finds Overture and Micro Cuts very similar songs? probably just because of the falsetto throughout..

*sigh* People actually dislike this song? That's just crazy to me. (Or maybe I'm crazy because I have a weakness for Matt's falsetto?) It's awesome, the lyrics, the music, Matt's crazy singing... What's not to like? Why do some of you dislike it?

get over it, we don't all have the same taste.

the world wouldn't tick if we all agreed.

although, i do like the song. but thats not the point

Thought I didn't like this song at first, but after listening to it in the car I must admit I LOVE IT :D, the vocals have an almost operatic quality, that with the mix of the thrashy metal guitars is just AWESOME. Although I perfectly understand those who don't like it, it's not to everyone's taste.

this song has a special meaning for me, as it is how i first discovered the band, several years ago.

i was listening to a lot of opera at the time, so i was cruising around on youtube, looking up different versions to my favourite arias. and on a lascia ch'io pianga video i stumbled upon a comment genre "if you're into this type of music, you should check out the vocals on this guy" with a link to the hullabaloo micro cuts.

i was completely won over by the weird mélange of metal guitar and operatic fury vocals. not to mention that electrocuted space mouse look on mr. bellamy ...

so thank you youtube, and thank you, zealous muse preachers for opening the door for me :p

cause i'm not sure that i would have had the curiosity to dig deeper into their discography, had i been exposed only to their easily digestible releases...:)

this song has a special meaning for me, as it is how i first discovered the band, several years ago.

i was listening to a lot of opera at the time, so i was cruising around on youtube, looking up different versions to my favourite arias. and on a lascia ch'io pianga video i stumbled upon a comment genre "if you're into this type of music, you should check out the vocals on this guy" with a link to the hullabaloo micro cuts.

i was completely won over by the weird mélange of metal guitar and operatic fury vocals. not to mention that electrocuted space mouse look on mr. bellamy ...

so thank you youtube, and thank you, zealous muse preachers for opening the door for me :p

cause i'm not sure that i would have had the curiosity to dig deeper into their discography, had i been exposed only to their easily digestible releases...:)

Glad to hear it :) one of the best things about Muse are their ability to win over fans of disparate genres.

As for the song itself, it's not even in my top twenty. But it's still great, and the performance of it at Wembley Stadium was fantastic.

Micro Cuts is full of win. If only I could remember the lyrics

Remember... yes, because it's not easy to hear them xD

Hands are red with your blame

Megaphone screaming my name

Whimpers someone I should've loved

Souls weeping above

I've seen

What you're doing to me

Destroying puppet strings

To our souls

Micro waves me insane

A blade cuts into your brain