So we won. Got ourselves a record contract.

Not really sure how though, because I watched the video of our performance and it was the biggest pile of shit I have ever seen in my life. Seriously bad. Gonna need some autotune.

Looks like I'm well on my way to making millions from my hipster demo collection

Congratulations :awesome:

Guest Batman.

Trololololololo, you're more suited to the band anyway than her to be honest. She's better at singing, but she didn't have the frontman/woman vibe about her, and didn't really suit indie/blues/rock/whatever you are.

I always worry about how bad my vocals are, but then I see videos of b3llz0r singing when he was a teenager, and suddenly I have hope again.

• 3 weeks later...

Would appreciate it if you could check out this song by my band. We've been around just over a year now and i reckon this is our best one

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

If you liked it there's a few more available to listen to on our soundcloud and links from there to facebook etc :)

Guest Batman.
Would appreciate it if you could check out this song by my band. We've been around just over a year now and i reckon this is our best one

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

If you liked it there's a few more available to listen to on our soundcloud and links from there to facebook etc :)

That's brilliant! Vocals could do with a eesy bit better diction, but it's not much of a problem. It just sounds like an accent is coming through too much or something, I can't really describe it :LOL:

But then again it does make the music seem more original, the vocal style..

Thanks both of you :)

see what you mean about the vocals as well, think it is just a bit of an accent thing bearing in mind our singer has lived in like hong kong and australia i think for a bit when he was younger!! something he's improving on with lessons recently as well. Appreciate the feedback :)

• 3 weeks later...

Played a pub gig last night. Twas a good gig, but the sound guy was a bit inexperienced to say the least :facepalm:

But the highlight was the following moment. Earlier in the set we played Red House and this random drunk guy welcomed himself to the stage to sing the last verse. I didn't really mind because the crowd seemed to dig it. Anyway, we closed the set with Johnny B Goode and the drunk guy found his way on to the stage for a second time to sing the chorus. I doubt he remembered it when he woke up this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F94g9OEdGuM&list=UU-VhDpyM893u8k8dT-DvpXg&index=1&feature=plcp

No idea who he was, but he told me after the show that he used to play in a blues band which is why he enjoyed our set so much. I kinda hope I see him at a gig again just because it was quite funny.

Guest Batman.
Played a pub gig last night. Twas a good gig, but the sound guy was a bit inexperienced to say the least :facepalm:

But the highlight was the following moment. Earlier in the set we played Red House and this random drunk guy welcomed himself to the stage to sing the last verse. I didn't really mind because the crowd seemed to dig it. Anyway, we closed the set with Johnny B Goode and the drunk guy found his way on to the stage for a second time to sing the chorus. I doubt he remembered it when he woke up this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F94g9OEdGuM&list=UU-VhDpyM893u8k8dT-DvpXg&index=1&feature=plcp

No idea who he was, but he told me after the show that he used to play in a blues band which is why he enjoyed our set so much. I kinda hope I see him at a gig again just because it was quite funny.

Moar videos please. I actually really do like your band :LOL:

I'd definitely pay for a gig ticket if you were to play somewhere near me.

Yeah good work Alex, needs moar originals though!

Just had a band practice, it was pretty insane, even without a singer. My mum walked in at the end and videoed us, so I'll post it if it's not too distorted. We've got 10 songs now completely tight, we're in-between singers atm so we need one before we get any gigs!

I really do love your guitar

I keep having people comment on it every time I use it live. A guy the other day asked me if it was a Fender Custom Shop :LOL:

Moar videos please. I actually really do like your band :LOL:

I'd definitely pay for a gig ticket if you were to play somewhere near me.

Doncaster is possibly just within reach ;) Quite a few gigs coming up in the next few weeks, expect moar videos. Plus we're just mixing our demo for Hole In My Pocket, I'll post it here when its done.

Congratulations, you have just received 20 guitar hero points, you may us these as you wish.

They allow you to brag about how good you are at guitar because your actually fucking awesome.

Cheers babe :kiss:

Yeah good work Alex, needs moar originals though!

Been doing a lot of writing recently. Aiming to have at least 45% of our main set originals within a month or two.