Also, whilst I'm here, my main band (Studio Tokyo!) is going to be recording a full length album over the next few months, watch this space.

Same here, maybe not a full length album, but we'll be recording over the christmas period.

Will be a mix of electronica and rock. Until then though, feel free to enjoy us pissing about in a room with a mic in the corner :)

Finally I can post something with soul in this thread!

As you will not be aware of (until you read this post), I am the Bassist in a band known (for now) as The Drift. It's a 5-piece, and we're gonna be playing a bands night at my school in 12 days time. *Hopefully* the band's line-up is permanent. lol

Anyways, our Myspace, where you can find more info, band photos and even a couple of recordings (done with a £5 Argos mic into an MD Recorder...FTW! :happy: ), is found at http://www.myspace.com/thedriftlb

Same here, maybe not a full length album, but we'll be recording over the christmas period.

Will be a mix of electronica and rock. Until then though, feel free to enjoy us pissing about in a room with a mic in the corner :)

Finally got a new song on our myspace page, http://www.myspace/the3rdstoreychemist the one at the bottom

Still working on it and it's all rather rough (the bass part was made up two minutes before it was recorded, through an MG30), but it gives you a rough idea what we are up to.

edit - Finally working now, enjoy :)

It's very Muse, isn't it? :p

Not bad though, however, your guitar tone seems incredibly thin at points, especially when clean, which detracts from the quality of the entire thing really. How did you record guitar?

The track transitions are fine. I like the intro and outro tracks and the drums at the beginning of Authority Issues.

What did you think of The Angry Dome, by the way?

Also, whilst I'm here, my main band (Studio Tokyo!) is going to be recording a full length album over the next few months, watch this space.

well it may sound like muse, but all those songs were written over a year ago, so if you're refering to Silent Screams sounding like hoodoo then I was there first :p

I would class it as a bit of Muse, a bit of System of a Down, anda bit of Deftones.. and I was told Queens of the Stoneage and Foo Fighters too, which if its true is quite an honour :happy:

I have to record my thrashier songs now :p

My shameless music plug: [ Aurorae ]

anyways tell me what you think if you're brave enough to listen through all of it..

Here's the track listing so you can give references to opinions:

1. Chaos Behold (Intro) | 00:00 - 02:46

2. Scratched and Scorned | 02:46 - 06:06

3. Schizophrenic | 06:06 - 11:05

4. Silent Screams | 11:05 - 16:30

5. Cotton Mouth | 16:30 - 19:31

6. Jamalong Disco | 19:31 - 21:12

7. Special | 21:12 - 24:48

8. Authority Issues | 24:48 - 27:27

9. Chaos Behold 2 (outro) | 27:27 - end

Thanks!!

http://www.odwyer.net/~dwydav/silentscreams.mp3

The album is called Silent Screams

The riff for scratched and scorned is awesome! As are the plug in baby feedback sounds in the intro! From one listen Silent Screams, Authority Issues and Chaos Behold 2 were the others that really stood out for me. The intro of silent screams does veer periously close to Hoodoo so well done for beating muse to it (or managing to get inside matt's head whilst he was writing it via a bizarre pyschic out of body experience). It is damn nice all the same.

My shameless music plug: [ Aurorae ]

The riff for scratched and scorned is awesome! As are the plug in baby feedback sounds in the intro! From one listen Silent Screams, Authority Issues and Chaos Behold 2 were the others that really stood out for me. The intro of silent screams does veer periously close to Hoodoo so well done for beating muse to it (or managing to get inside matt's head whilst he was writing it via a bizarre pyschic out of body experience). It is damn nice all the same.

cool! thanks man!!!

I'm chyecking your stuff out now, I'll give ya some feedback!

EDIT: dude I loove the progression in "the angels are armed"!!!

I like the whole drum n bass thing in furiffery, but the drums dont stand out enough IMO, but I like the effects you have on the guitar that sort of phase flanger thing

Star Gazer is pretty cool as well, But I think it would sound much better slower.. :$ but I love the gentle bits which just all of a sudden become violently heavy and fast bits :happy:

And Purple Wolf is my fav.. the bluesyness of it is brilliant :happy: this is definitly the one which I enjoyed the most just because of that Organ you have playing in the background :D

All in all greaqt stuff man!! very experimental I would say but it sounds great :happy: what did you use to record?

Ok I've got 9 songs together.. I still have a few to record, but I wanted to know your impressions on what I've already done..

This is a link to a 43.6 MB file.. it's basically all 9 songs one after the other.. I have done it this way because I want to know what you think of the transitions between songs... it's a sort of concept album so all songs or nearly all fade into each other.

So if anyone is up for it, give this a listen and tell me what you think of the production and music itself. The singing is not great since its all done into the microphone in my mac :LOL: and I dont have a great voice either which I suppose doesnt help :rolleyes:

anyways tell me what you think if you're brave enough to listen through all of it..

Here's the track listing so you can give references to opinions:

1. Chaos Behold (Intro) | 00:00 - 02:46

2. Scratched and Scorned | 02:46 - 06:06

3. Schizophrenic | 06:06 - 11:05

4. Silent Screams | 11:05 - 16:30

5. Cotton Mouth | 16:30 - 19:31

6. Jamalong Disco | 19:31 - 21:12

7. Special | 21:12 - 24:48

8. Authority Issues | 24:48 - 27:27

9. Chaos Behold 2 (outro) | 27:27 - end

Thanks!!

EDIT: derr forgot the link: http://www.odwyer.net/~dwydav/silentscreams.mp3

The album is called Silent Screams

thats awesome!!!

one question though.. in scratched and scorned, how did you get the wierd distorted screaming thing (the word "control" i think)?

congrats on some v good songs though

ah cheers. i should try that. :)

yeah whispering, and if you really want a harder scream, do a sort of controlled noise much like the noise someone makes in a movie when they die haha where you sort of tense up you vocal chords and it does actually come out as a scream.. the scream you can hear in Authority Issues was actually screaming though :$ my gf and I split up that night and I felt the need to scream my guts out on something :LOL:

cool! thanks man!!!

I'm chyecking your stuff out now, I'll give ya some feedback!

EDIT: dude I loove the progression in "the angels are armed"!!!

I like the whole drum n bass thing in furiffery, but the drums dont stand out enough IMO, but I like the effects you have on the guitar that sort of phase flanger thing

Star Gazer is pretty cool as well, But I think it would sound much better slower.. :$ but I love the gentle bits which just all of a sudden become violently heavy and fast bits :happy:

And Purple Wolf is my fav.. the bluesyness of it is brilliant :happy: this is definitly the one which I enjoyed the most just because of that Organ you have playing in the background :D

All in all great stuff man!! very experimental I would say but it sounds great :happy: what did you use to record?

aw thanks! :happy:

I agree, if i got the chance to do star gazer again i would do it a tad slower, and make the clean guitar a bit more to the fore, maybe mixed with piano doing the same arpeggios.

I'm hoping that i'll get the chance to do a bit more to furiffery too. I have a completely different 'chorus' bit that doesn't have the time change but instead epic distortion and an insanely crazy synth (so a bit Stockholm syndrome, but without ripping it off!).

Purple wolf was done in one take after a few beers, but i thought it turned out really well too! Cheers! :D

It was all recorded with one of my parents friends who basically has a giant mixing desk in a cuboard and some computer software, which i believe is the most recent cubase, but not certain.

And recorded with: Maverick X-1, Boss V Wah, Marshall Echohead

• 3 weeks later...

Hello sexy people!

My band (pyrobaby) have just uploaded a new track on our myspace! Please take 3.22minutes to listen to it. The whole bloody thing was recorded and mixed in 8 hours so appreciate the rawness!?!

so yeah take a listen and leave a comment!!!!!!

oh yeah, kit and tab!!

The guitar track is marshall DSL100 and a matching 1960a cab, and a 99% Manson axe, the rusty cunt.

much love

pyrobaby x

I know it's just a repetition of my sig, but I am not ashamed of my self promotion! Plus I would love to get some constructive criticism, especially on the mixes. Click some of the links below to hear (no logo)

myspace.com/nologorock

Disaster Chronicles from August 2006

Signs from Feb 2006

mescaline/mezzanine from June 2005

Scalpel & Heart from April 2004

disastercover.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

should point out, anyone who cared about my band recording (none of you? oh well, i'll carry on in total ignorance :happy: ) it's not gone to plan, we started, but due to me being really ill for the last week, we haven't been able to continue :(

and now we don't know when we'll be able to finish, might see if we can rent a hall for a weekend or something and go mental in the near future.

Well what can I say.

Our sn4ppy, tr00, necr0, k\/lt,br00tally un-hollowed signature sound has made, in the past of course, babies explode, mountains tremble, and even Odin and Th0r shake their mighty fists.

All-hail, Pink Unicorns of Doom!

----------------------------------------------------

Pink Unicorns of Doom- http://www.myspace.com/PinkUnicornsOfDoom

Genre: Parody Black Metal

==Discography==

* Unicorns Can Stab You, EP, Summer '06

* Pink Metal, full-length album, November 26, '06

---------------------------------------------------

Notable firsts: The FIRST EVER Black Metal Ballad! On our cd Pink Metal, called "My Exhumed Lover"

Parody Black Metal at its finest.

Wh00t!

Hey, would people check out my bands old myspace in my sig? We're called IV now, but the songs are the same...really want feedback from people who can actually say if we suck, cos everyone we've asked seems to think we're good and I want some rel musicians who arn't friends of mine to comment on our stuff...the recordings are REALLY bad quality from our drummers mp3 player, but considering its on that they're not too shabby. No lyrics on there cos our singer is lazy really.

Carousel is very badly played cos it was the first run through of the song we did after writing it in the same hour :p

water is better played, but still not good quality either.

right angled jack and the sparklesharks is good up to the break, but instead of that crappy funk type riff, its gone just to chords :D so try not ro listen to the whole versions of them! :p

Anyway, seriously...if we suck, please tell us cos we havn't had any real critisicms yet :D oh yeah, those recordings are all from like september and before, so we've advanced abit since then! new recordings soon

cheers