Stockholm Syndrome (definitive thread)

Alysum

Errr B&H isn't drop d?

Also Enter Shikari lives in drop C. I couldn't personnel limit myself with one tuning. Especially playing slide.

B&H is in drop D when they play live, I think

And Enter Shikari used to live in drop D, but now live in drop C#:p

stockholm syndrome? new born? butterflies and hurricanes? assassin? citizen erased? :eek:

Dead star, hyper music, overdue, yes please...

I was using them as an example. Muse without Drop d. Lulz.

Or even better Porcupine tree without drop D :LOL:

Foo Fighters without drop D = :supersad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMeVjIgshY4

2:37, the chord change, he hardly moves his hand...if that was in standard, he'd have to move his hands 2 frets up, which he clearly doesnt.

:p

No he wouldn't :confused: The chord is F5,F5#,G5. If that was in drop d it would be played higher up the neck. Plus where he plays the riff (5th fret would be in a lower tuning if that was drop d)

hey guys, any pedal below 100euros that could make a sound suitable for SS?

I don't ask for a sound SIMILAR but a sound that either comes close or als gives a good punch but that isn't too muddy on high gain for SS, cuz I need to hear the notes I play :p

So well, I kinda ask for a VH4 Diezel replacement xD

but not really.... xD

I guess it isn't. I'm going to find a way to play Stockholme Syndrome in standard tuning. I'll report back when i manage it.

Just move the whole song up a tone then. the riff won't have the same impact but the first version that was played on radio 1 was a tone higher.

I reject your theory and vow to look at all butterflies and hurricanes live videos until i find the one that clearly shows its in drop d!

I was front row mosh at 2 australian gigs in november and watching nothing but what bellamy did during B&H twice, its in drop D, there is no debate, i play the exact same version he does and i learned it by ear from him, then clarified it at the gig watching it.

i know, but its more the problem that this pc i kinda crappy, and getting it there and all that wouldn't really work out, so any pedals people use for SS?

None really mate that can give that kind of gain, dirt or definition. Combination of a good already driven amp and a decent pedal may get you close.

When the "piano solo" type bit comes in (the bit where the lyrics are "this is the last time I'll abandon you and this is the last time I'll forget you ... I wish I could") does anyone know whats happening with the synth in the background? The sheet music has the piano/simple part to it but there is definitely some sort of synth in the background also, kinda sounds like a staggered or mixed arpeggio but I don't know how to work it out :(

• 4 months later...

I was wondering, for the synth track (hoping there's more synthy players out there), what you'd need to program.

With my korg triton LE i can set different zones using 2 arpeggio patterns (so in this case probably low register for up, high for down), but I have no idea how to set the arpegiator to do the altering part. Any suggestions?

I was wondering, for the synth track (hoping there's more synthy players out there), what you'd need to program.

With my korg triton LE i can set different zones using 2 arpeggio patterns (so in this case probably low register for up, high for down), but I have no idea how to set the arpegiator to do the altering part. Any suggestions?

I managed to do it on my Roland Juno, and i did it using step recording?

Is the an equivalent of literally just inputting the notes and them playing back as that order?

Or isn't there a way to just make the arpeggiator play the same rhythm but with different chords, but backwards (for the second part)?

Archived