Stockholm Syndrome (definitive thread)

Alysum

Nishe was epic. I remember on the live stream i was watching, the chatbox next to it was full of "ZOMG WTF IS DIZ? DUR NEW SUNG IS CRAPZ0R".

Someone pointed out it was an old song, and all the n00bs denied it, and insisted "WTF Y WUD DEY PLY AN OLD SONG? LULZ"

Nishe was epic. I remember on the live stream i was watching, the chatbox next to it was full of "ZOMG WTF IS DIZ? DUR NEW SUNG IS CRAPZ0R".

Someone pointed out it was an old song, and all the n00bs denied it, and insisted "WTF Y WUD DEY PLY AN OLD SONG? LULZ"

Live Stream? Where did you get a live stream from?

The second Twitter item, posted after the gig had finished, had Matthew Bellamy explain that the strap fell of his guitar during New Born. This resulted in an extended break between the piano intro and the start of the guitar part. Both of the Twitter updates were posted using TwitterBerry on BlackBerry.

:eek:

sorry to bring this thread back up but there are vids of matthew during newborn lol

_aZssiTo9OM

look at dom laughing while doing drum fills when matthew is getting his strap repaired

also a vid of SMBH

_3X5VsojM_0

I like the solo for SMBH

:erm:

so out of curiosity, how does everyone play the part of the song that starts about...1:30 in? "this is the last time..." etc

I play it like

F, A/C#, Dm

I think that's how it was written in the tab book.

I just play F, A, Dm.

Im sure in the tab book it has it down as:

-----------------------------------------------

--3---------2---------0----------------------

--3--X16--2--X16--0--X16--------------

--3---------2----------0--------------------

...they're all augmented chords...there's no way that's right!

i dont know what that means (i r theory n00b) :p But if your talking about that tab i posted, its not what matt plays live. Chris plays that bit live whilst Matt adds the F, A and Dm over it.

oh, I swear it was:

---

---

-2-

-2-

-2-

---

What you put is just F5 E5 D5 (if we're in drop D) :) Still not sure that would be right though...

On the record, theres a quiet fuzzy guitar in the background playing F5 E5 D5 along with the bass playing the root notes, but other than that, theres no guitar on the records chorus (that my speakers are playing, anyway). Doesn't fit well with the chorus IMO, i prefer it when the bass plays the root notes and Matt F A Dm, as he does live.

so out of curiosity, how does everyone play the part of the song that starts about...1:30 in? "this is the last time..." etc

I play it like

F, A/C#, Dm

I play the arpeggios for the the chords, just any random voicing, and then power chords (F5, A5 and D5) for the last chorus.

I play it like

F, A/C#, Dm

The first chord he plays is definitely C, then A then Dm. Can see them all clearly in the video posted a page back in various parts :)

ok.. firstly, that smbh solo shows that bells cant improv to save himself

and secondly, these are the chords i play for the SS chorus

333211 F

202220 A

000231 Dmin

333211 F

202220 A

000231 Dmin

888766 Bb

for the F, A and Bb, i fret the bottom string with my thumb

Same as me :yesey: Thumb fretting ftw.

Although I fret the E note with my thumb while playing the A chord.

So

F

-x

A

-

-

And the just a DM

MOAR power playing it that way.

I do the chorus like this:

|----------------|

|----------------|

|----------------|

|-5-4-3-etc.-|

|-5-4-3--------|

|-5-4-3--------|

Then:

|-1---------------------------|

|-1-----------5----------3--|

|-2-----------4----------2--|

|-3-etc.-----2-etc.---0--|

|-x-----------2----------0--|

|--------------2----------0--|

Final part before the end I just use this chord shape:

|------|

|-11-|

|-10-|

|-8---|

|-8---|

|-8---|

Guest bshuker

The chord is A/E, it sounds like he's played the E5 or just even a low E on the studio, as it gives the recording some more balls.

Live an A would probably be a more suitable choice because it will carry the chord progression across more easily to the ear. (Especially if there is no synth or anything present playing the A). Obviously the bass will still play the E, otherwise you won't end up with an A/E.

Come on it's a SIMPLE inversion in order to create a descending bassline plus that lovely lovely harmony from the IVb (IIb whichever way you look at it)

If you look at the chord sequence its this:

Fmaj - A/E - Dm

III - IVb - i (regarding D as the tonic) (i can't fucking get these to line up properly)

I - IIb - vi (regarding F as the tonic)

I put it both ways as some people are more familiar with sticking to the major rather than shifting it around.

Archived