|A
|D-19-19-15-15-0-0-19-19-15-15-0-0-19-19-15-15

|D
|A
|D-17-17-14-14-0-0-17-17-14-14-0-0-17-17-14-14

|D
|A
|D-17-17-13-13-0-0-17-17-13-13-0-0-17-17-13-13

Is this easier? Why does the tab book show it a different way? Thanks, btw.

I found from playing it on the deep D string up on the higher octave of the string that it gave a better sound, and u can bend the strings alot easyer which gives a good effect.. im guessing matt B might have though the same.. its also easyer as the frets are closer.. try it out and see which u prefer.. its basically the same as playing on the higher D string cuz its the ocatve above.. just gives a better effect to the lot

I found from playing it on the deep D string up on the higher octave of the string that it gave a better sound, and u can bend the strings alot easyer which gives a good effect.. im guessing matt B might have though the same.. its also easyer as the frets are closer.. try it out and see which u prefer.. its basically the same as playing on the higher D string cuz its the ocatve above.. just gives a better effect to the lot

Its different though ... -0- on the low D string is obviously lower than -0- on the higher d string, so you're playing that last note 1 octave lower. It would have to be the 12th fret to get the same riff, and thats really hard to do...

yeah but thats your choice.. matt uses the lower D string.. it'll sound similar n e way cuz the solo is pretty fast.. I dno, i prefer playing it like he plays it live.. not how its written in the tab book.. I found quite a few weird things in the tab book to be honest which didnt make n e sense when I watch what MB plays live..

Hi there,

I was just watching the american version of the SS video, and i noticed matt played alot of the song differently to how i play it, but the playing that was going of on that vid was pretty cool!

So basically do you know if he was just pretending to play or was that actually how he plays the song?

I play the intro riff & interlude/solo riff like this:

E-12-0-13-0-12-0-11-12--0-0-13-0-12-11-12-

thats all played on the E string, but i saw on the vid that he was doing something on the A string too? I just thought it would be pretty cool to play it a different way?

Cheers

Hi there,

I was just watching the american version of the SS video, and i noticed matt played alot of the song differently to how i play it, but the playing that was going of on that vid was pretty cool!

So basically do you know if he was just pretending to play or was that actually how he plays the song?

I play the intro riff & interlude/solo riff like this:

E-12-0-13-0-12-0-11-12--0-0-13-0-12-11-12-

thats all played on the E string, but i saw on the vid that he was doing something on the A string too? I just thought it would be pretty cool to play it a different way?

Cheers

Instead of doing the riff the album way or as I seen it the live way....

String A---------------------------------------------//------------------------------------------//.....

String D-12-0-13-0-12-0-10-12-0-0-13-0-12-0-10-12//0-0-13-0-12-0-10-12-0-0-13-0-16-17-16-0//....

He does it in the video this way and the way above....

String A ---------------------------------------------//------------------------------9-10-9--//......

String D-12-0-13-0-12-0-10-12-0-0-13-0-12-0-10-12//0-0-13-0-12-0-10-12-0-0-13-0--------0//.....

Can you read it????

Don't forget that the guitar is in Drop-D tuning!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Im having a bit o trouble with the verse of this song.

Ive learnt all the chords etc they just sound a bit ... 'dirty' and not very nice to listen to. Its kind of ok if I play each chord once, but if not it just all mangles together into a horrible sound. Ive tried taking some gain out but it is a pretty gainy song and you need that for the riff and harmonics?

Actually, whilst we re on the subject ... could anyone help me work out my pedal. Its a Zoom GFX-1, and its pretty cool for what I need, its just some of the distortions I use are nice and clean, sharp etc, and some are very 'fuzzy' and all mangle together as I say, and like it picks up every movement etc, which I dont like ... to sensitive. I manily use 'lead' and 'fuzz' amp models ... but I wondered if theres anything else I can change to stop this ... EQ, contour, comp/limit etc?

Anyways yer, any help would be great please.

Oh, PS, did anyone ever work out the chords he plays on the guitar in the chorus, I saw some on here but not sure theyre right?

Cheers

Jx

if you're thinking of the thing which just swells in volume during the part where he plays G F# F and the swell arrives on the F until he starts to sings and the piano riff is launched, then ya it pretty much sounds like a scream played backwards.. if you're thinking of the same effect that is used like on new born just before the guitar riff starts, where matt is messing about with his Fuzz factory, and u hear a sort of crackling that rises in pitch, that is a Bass synth effect I believe.. my bassist has the Boss Bass Synthesiser and he gets the exact same effect.. its pretty kewl but kind of irrelevant to anything haha its just this weird thing for a filling effect..

• 4 weeks later...

no, there is no phasing (if you're referring to the studio version) in the solo, just a wah pedal, mixed in.

The sound for SS is done by mixing a synth going through a wah pedal (hence why you hear those effects) and a guitar in a programme called Kyma.

Live, I really can't remember.

no, there is no phasing (if you're referring to the studio version) in the solo, just a wah pedal, mixed in.

The sound for SS is done by mixing a synth going through a wah pedal (hence why you hear those effects) and a guitar in a programme called Kyma.

I was refering to live :) Cos the dude said "what he uses" not "what he USED on the album"

where did you get all that info?

Archived