Stockholm Syndrome (definitive thread)

Alysum

he uses the rocktron all access thingummy, about 700 squids worth of footswitches.............all to control all of his effects with midi, a very complicated setup, there was a thing on it in guitarist a long while ago which i have here............

expensive!

no.. a whammy is nothing like a wah :)

and plus, his whammy is racked up so u couldnt of seen him using it

'foo

Actually on the Newborn vid on Wercther or whatever it is you can see him press the pedal down on the second bit of the solo where he does the trem picking. ;):D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, a couple of great versions of stockholm there, (even though total guitar did half of it :p )

I'm trying to learn it on the guitar for a MUSE tribute band but I'm having trouble getting the beginning riff to sound any good, I'm not REALLY experienced on guitar but have been practicing the picking and have got it up to speed but it still doesn't sound any good. I've noticed from the versions i've heard that the lower D that fills in the gaps isn't heard that much.

So...does anybody have any advice for me at all??? I've looked through some threads but havn't found anything as yet.

Any help would be appreciated :D

Si

Well, maybe thats the problem, I don't have a fuzz effect. I have a bass pedal that produced an ok one but I need that for bass for the gig!

Yea I'm usin up and down strokes, would be impossible otherwise!

Slowed the song down n I'm playing it right, you're probably right, maybe I just need to keep going with it

Cheers for the help

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah thats true. I dont know whether it is the inability to do it or whether people just cant be bothered and think "others can do it for me"

I think it is general can't be arsedness. I never find riffs too hard to figure out, it's picking out chords that I find tricky. But yeah this board is full of lazy questions! :LOL:

Archived