Futurism Discussion Thread

musestu

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody :) I have two questions about Futurism

1) Is it a B-side? Because it came with the itunes download of origin of symmetry, but I think I remember that it wasn't a track that was actually on the disk or something...

2) Has anybody seen any good live videos of it? I think it has a sweet bassline but when I searched for some on youtube I couldn't find any. It seems like it would be really cool live.

1.It is a B-side,but was on included on the Japanese version of OOS.

2.It has only been performed once,the live version is called Spectrum,it's terrible:chuckle:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqwEZF8SDvo

Well I'm going to watch that video now... I wish they would perform it, that bass gets me every time.

I'm glad it came with my download of OOS. Its pretty epic.

Thanks for the response :)

Well I'm going to watch that video now... I wish they would perform it, that bass gets me every time.

I'm glad it came with my download of OOS. Its pretty epic.

Thanks for the response :)

I doubt they would perform it live since Matt can't hit the high notes in Futurism,but I would love it if they were to make a live jam out of Futurism with that bassline:awesome:.You're welcome :D,have fun listening to it.

I doubt they would perform it live since Matt can't hit the high notes in Futurism,but I would love it if they were to make a live jam out of Futurism with that bassline:awesome:.You're welcome :D,have fun listening to it.

He's got a better voice now, they could probably pull it off... There's no chance though. Shame.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Little bit of a necro but I don't give a damn.

Everyone says the song was performed once in 2000 and once in 2013. I have reasons to believe that Futurism may have been performed up to eight times total.

Think about it for a second; the only 2000 performance we know of is from Reading 2000. That was August 25, 2000. Now, the surrounding six gigs from August 19 - 27 have either no known setlist or only a partially known setlist. It's possible Futurism could have been played at any of these six gigs.

While I don't think it was played at all six, I wouldn't be surprised if they played it at least two or three times at these gigs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived