Futurism Discussion Thread

musestu

imo one of their best releases, was even going to animate something to it once. Funny, back when it was released it was dropped from the original Origin Of Symmetry cause of its difficulty to play live, although I bet that if they'd release the album now then it could have made it onto the release. I mean there are quite more advanced songs that Muse has made nowadays and that they play live too.

imo one of their best releases, was even going to animate something to it once. Funny, back when it was released it was dropped from the original Origin Of Symmetry cause of its difficulty to play live, although I bet that if they'd release the album now then it could have made it onto the release. I mean there are quite more advanced songs that Muse has made nowadays and that they play live too.

Why is it difficult to play live- if you talk about the high,high,high in the middle look at what he did to muscle museums ending

Why is it difficult to play live- if you talk about the high,high,high in the middle look at what he did to muscle museums ending

? I have no idea what you meant by that.

The song itself is about a futuristic world, hence the pre-release name of "Electro Empire", and fits into the theme of Origin of Symmetry, but wasn't included due to its difficulty to play live.

I haven't heard it live- but old muse were a whoe lot more eraatic than they are now

But they weren't as good as they are now with performing, they improved over the course of the albums obviously. Allmusic's review at Black Holes pretty much said it, they sound more solid as a band now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGEHGTxuFYQ

Only performance of Futurism.

Ah, Futurism. My all-around favorite Muse song. I want to hit U.S. iTunes on the head with a rake so hard for not having it. I think they should have not only included it on the album, but released it as a single. It could have been one of their most popular songs, up there with Time is Running Out, Knights of Cydonia, and Supermassive Black Hole. If I could use only one word to describe Futurism, it would have to be 'perfect'.

Ah, Futurism. My all-around favorite Muse song. I want to hit U.S. iTunes on the head with a rake so hard for not having it. I think they should have not only included it on the album, but released it as a single. It could have been one of their most popular songs, up there with Time is Running Out, Knights of Cydonia, and Supermassive Black Hole. If I could use only one word to describe Futurism, it would have to be 'perfect'.

Too proper hardcore to be one of the most popular, IMO. Which is as it should be - people pretending to adore it 'cause its cool to "love" Muse. Why if somebody came up to me and said "Muse are my favourite band, Starlight's my favourite song - I saw it in x movie," I'd go "What about Futurism?" And I bet they'd go ":stunned: wtf are you on about?"

:rolleyes:

Actually , Futurism is one of my fav. B sides , I still can´t understand how someone so young has the ability to make music expressing such deep feelings with simple but strong melodies that really make shivers down my spine .... Matt is someone very special!

• 1 year later...

Archived