"Musevangelists"

gocanux

The voice, the emotion, the intensity, the virtuosity of the music: it's all there. I had tried to go for a month without listening to Muse (to enhance the upcoming concert experience, so they say) but gave up today when I realized that the music is playing in my head, and there isn't much I can do about it. (Makes me sound like my thorazine dose needs upping!)

My husband has never been able to get into their music, and he says it's Matthew's voice that he can't get past. But tonight we got stuck in traffic on I-5 on the way to our son's soccer game (made it by the half; they won 6-0!) and so we listened to all of Absolution, LOUD, with his subwoofer turned up too. And by the time we got there he was at least discussing the songs; soon he too will be hearing them in his sleep like the rest of us. Little by little, one by one, we shall convert them!

that's true. The killers get a bit annoying if you listen to it too much...
Especially Glamourous Indie Rock and Roll, which I used to love.

and yes, it is quite painful if they were 3 times last year... but they will come soon enough, I'm sure of it! ;)

Maybe if we all concentrate really hard, they'll suddenly get this urge to play Belfast again...

screenager have you tried playing TIRO or PIB for your Dad?
My dad's taste is odd. He listens to a lot of Toto and Boston and Chicago and stuff, but then he turns around and likes Spitting Games by Snow Patrol.
As far as "westlife" ...
He says he doesn't like them any more. Yeah, Ashlee Simpson is sooo much better... :rolleyes:

g2g

But I'll play OoS in the car. ;)

*sigh* My mum kept turning it down without saying anything. Then she turned it off altogether...

I'll try Absolution next time. It's a bit more mainstream.

Try playing "Can't take my eyes off you.." it may connect with her better.

I succeed to convert my sister :LOL: and now I have a partner against my mom's thought :LOL:

If I can get the band to sign your drawings, maybe your mom will come around! And I will send you the Glastonbury DVD; if that doesn't blow her out of her socks, she is a hopeless cause.

My husband says he will go with us to see Muse in concert when they come back to the NW, but he isn't crazy enough to travel 3000 miles to see them. But I am.....!

People really listen to Ashlee Simpson? Oh dear....i like lots of different types of music, but dear Ashlee can't carry a tune in the proverbial bucket! She is just downright BAD.

People really listen to Ashlee Simpson? Oh dear....i like lots of different types of music, but dear Ashlee can't carry a tune in the proverbial bucket! She is just downright BAD.

"you make me wanna laa laa la la la laaaaaaaaaa" Noone can write such powerful lyrics :rolleyes:

Gocanux, I have a question for ya.

For getting my mom to like them, I was thinking about giving her Orgin of Symmetry for her first listen. This album seems to be a bit more of her type. One song that I don't think she would like at first would be Microcuts. What do you think?

For getting my mom to like them, I was thinking about giving her Orgin of Symmetry for her first listen. This album seems to be a bit more of her type. One song that I don't think she would like at first would be Microcuts. What do you think?

If she can't get past the voice, definitely NOT Microcuts! I still think something gentle like Unintended is good. Something with a memorable melody like Absolution or Apocalypse or Bliss? My husband has the same complaint, but after listening to the entire Abso CD he eased up a bit. Then we listened to the Police, which we always liked, and Sting's voice is also very nontraditional and falsetto in parts. That helped soften him up a bit. His one big complaint is that he can't make out a lot of the lyrics, so I'm going to give him printouts so it will make more sense. Keep trying; she can join the exclusive MuseMoms club!

HA! MuseMom club, she has trouble turning on a computer :LOL:

She loved the beginning to Bliss. I don't think she minded Sing for Absolution, and for Apocalpypse Please I think that was a bit much for her. I'll keep trying, and i'll keep getting advice from the world greatest muse mom :LOL:

HA! MuseMom club, she has trouble turning on a computer :LOL:

:LOL:

Then your Mom should definitely join our MuseMom club...she fits right in! These 2 MuseMoms know very little too...although I have to say that thanks to so many helpful souls on this board, we have mastered and learnt quite a bit, wouldn't you say gocanux?!?

Then your Mom should definitely join our MuseMom club...she fits right in! These 2 MuseMoms know very little too...although I have to say that thanks to so many helpful souls on this board, we have mastered and learnt quite a bit, wouldn't you say gocanux?!?

I have made huge strides in computer knowledge. And I remember ocean5's first-ever post on a message board, back when she had no idea how to put a quote in a reply or use the search function. And I, being such an experienced forum rat (I had like 3 or 4 months on her!) showed her the ropes! And now I am learning to do ALL my clinic work on the computer; we are completely getting getting rid of paper charts, order forms, and prescriptions, and I actually like it!

If I can get the band to sign your drawings, maybe your mom will come around! And I will send you the Glastonbury DVD; if that doesn't blow her out of her socks, she is a hopeless cause.

My husband says he will go with us to see Muse in concert when they come back to the NW, but he isn't crazy enough to travel 3000 miles to see them. But I am.....!

yes Glastonbury should do the work..... :eek: but she still will think it's all noise

The thing is, I teach her how to do all of it, and the next day, BAM!, she forgets and has to ask me again how to do it. It gets annoying but I still put up with it. Here we go! She'll ask me to help next time and i'll tell her to listen to a cd I give her and thats the agreement! BOOOOOOYA

worked with my mother, yup.. first Oos, then Showbiz and then Abs (well, she asked for it myself for her to put on in the car!)

that is quite a good agreement djstay!! My mother also always asks me to help her with the computer, so we gave her a book for her bday!! :LOL: Kind of Windows for Dummies thing. She had to laugh about it too

Archived