"Musevangelists"

gocanux

it's because they have special powers you know.

i need to rub matt bellamy's ass to see if i can get some of his special powers.

i'll rub dom's ass too.

i doubt any validity of chris having powers, but i might just do a collective ass rub to cover all the bases.

i will be all powerful. lol

and i will probably be gettign my ass kicked by security if i do that too. lol

Sketch is also from South Africa. She was here on the board a while ago. I'm not sure whereabout she was. Quite impressive that Muse reaches in so many countries they normally don't tour or do promotions..

It really is amazing. But I do remember when I was there that the arrival of music, movies, and so on was usually delayed about 6 to 8 months - hopefully nowadays technology has made it faster. I wonder if they got into Muse because of Absolution or if they knew of them from their earlier cds - their songs may even be played on the radio more often than here in the States, sadly a task not too hard to achieve. It'll be interesting to see how Stockholm is received by the our radio stations. In any case, must be really hard for them not knowing when or if they'd ever see them live.

Well a girl I used to work with turned me on to Muse.

I've turned a few of my friends on my showing them the Glastonbury 2004 show, but most of my friends recoil at the merest hint of a real instrument in music. That's what comes with being dance slaves for the best part of 15 years :D

Well a girl I used to work with turned me on to Muse.

I've turned a few of my friends on my showing them the Glastonbury 2004 show, but most of my friends recoil at the merest hint of a real instrument in music. That's what comes with being dance slaves for the best part of 15 years :D

I have had the most success Musevangelizing those who already listen to alternative rock, maybe because that's what most of my sons' friends listen to. Here in the US the problem is underexposure to Muse; once they are introduced (which at our house is a given!) the rest follows easily!

I have had the most success Musevangelizing those who already listen to alternative rock, maybe because that's what most of my sons' friends listen to. Here in the US the problem is underexposure to Muse; once they are introduced (which at our house is a given!) the rest follows easily!

You've reached so many people it's fantastic! Don't give up on "newborn" at work!

I am musevangelizing some my Canadian friends and the response has been -"How come we don't hear more of them on the radio? They're fantastic!"

At our clinic we have instituted a new computer info system this week and so there are lots of tech people around to help. At lunch today I was in my office with the door open, laughing over something I read in a PM here, and one nice techie gal in her 20's wanted to know what was up. I explained that I was corresponding with an 18-yr-old gal in Israel on the Muse board, so she asked me about the band. The name Muse sounded vaguely familiar to her, so tomorrow I'm bringing her burned copies of Absolution and OOS. So of course she will be converted; she's only human!

heheheh, nice one!! :D

Well, I'm still busy with that guy I told you about. He's stubborn, really. That's because he's a huuuuuuge fan of U2, and I'm a huuuuuuge fan of Muse (duh!).. So that clashes a bit. He wants to convert me to listen to U2 more often, okay.. but he should listen more to Muse!! I'm still working on it....

heheheh, nice one!! :D

Well, I'm still busy with that guy I told you about. He's stubborn, really. That's because he's a huuuuuuge fan of U2, and I'm a huuuuuuge fan of Muse (duh!).. So that clashes a bit. He wants to convert me to listen to U2 more often, okay.. but he should listen more to Muse!! I'm still working on it....

Keep working on him and soon he'll see the light!!!!

i'm working slowly but surely on my boyfriend.

but he's not into any music, almost at all.

but i've gotten him into talking about music anyhow. lol

i play muse when he's over, but he's been kind of ignoring it.... hmmm.

i WILL persevere.

although sadly, because of me, he knows a whole lot of muse gossip- and he has no idea what any of it means.

poor boy.

but when i accidentally called him matt yesterday he automatically assumed i was talking about Bellamy!!

oh no...

(i wasn't btw- i happen to know a few guys by the name of matt. it is a common occurance around me to repeatedly switch two people's names around. i still ocassionally call my brother evan and evan richard. :LOL: )

any ideas on how to convert this unwilling member?

i swear i have never met anyone so... UNINTERESTED in music.

i'm working slowly but surely on my boyfriend.

but he's not into any music, almost at all.

but i've gotten him into talking about music anyhow. lol

i play muse when he's over, but he's been kind of ignoring it.... hmmm.

i WILL persevere.

although sadly, because of me, he knows a whole lot of muse gossip- and he has no idea what any of it means.

poor boy.

but when i accidentally called him matt yesterday he automatically assumed i was talking about Bellamy!!

oh no...

(i wasn't btw- i happen to know a few guys by the name of matt. it is a common occurance around me to repeatedly switch two people's names around. i still ocassionally call my brother evan and evan richard. :LOL: )

any ideas on how to convert this unwilling member?

i swear i have never met anyone so... UNINTERESTED in music.

go to a live show. i didnt like Muse that much at first and after i went to sse them there my favorite band

I must agree with Hysterical_Fan101 that seeing Muse live will make a major fan out of just about anyone. But going to a concert isn't feasible for everyone. We have approximated the concert experience for Muse virgins by showing them Muse live on Fuse and the Glasto DVD on our big-screen TV with the surround sound, and have converted a few!

I have made copies of Absolution/OOS for the techie at work who expressed interest in hearing their music; I'll keep you posted on my progress.

It really is amazing. But I do remember when I was there that the arrival of music, movies, and so on was usually delayed about 6 to 8 months - hopefully nowadays technology has made it faster. I wonder if they got into Muse because of Absolution or if they knew of them from their earlier cds - their songs may even be played on the radio more often than here in the States, sadly a task not too hard to achieve. It'll be interesting to see how Stockholm is received by the our radio stations. In any case, must be really hard for them not knowing when or if they'd ever see them live.

Hi! Thanx to technology we're not that far behind on movies etc anymore. Most movies premiere here at the same time they do in the UK or the US. I went shopping this weekend and I think I finally have all the most recent Muse albums - but I'm not sure how many they have released (is it 4?)!!! I also "persuaded" two of my friends to buy Absolution instead of just copying my CD - I told them that only a demented person would take Muse from the shelf and put it back, so they both ended up buying the album!!!! Sharing music with friends is great, but being able to share a love for MUSE is the best feeling ever!!!!!!

(And by the way, I'm originally from Johannesburg, but I'm studying for my honors degree in Potchefstroom - and I regularly visit Durban during Holidays!)

I wonder if they got into Muse because of Absolution or if they knew of them from their earlier cds - their songs may even be played on the radio more often than here in the States, sadly a task not too hard to achieve.

I forgot to say that Muse is never played on radio over here. I have never heard a single song of Muse on TV or radio! I got to know Muse through Absolution and then started to hunt for their earlier work.

Hi! Thanx to technology we're not that far behind on movies etc anymore. Most movies premiere here at the same time they do in the UK or the US. I went shopping this weekend and I think I finally have all the most recent Muse albums - but I'm not sure how many they have released (is it 4?)!!! I also "persuaded" two of my friends to buy Absolution instead of just copying my CD - I told them that only a demented person would take Muse from the shelf and put it back, so they both ended up buying the album!!!! Sharing music with friends is great, but being able to share a love for MUSE is the best feeling ever!!!!!!

(And by the way, I'm originally from Johannesburg, but I'm studying for my honors degree in Potchefstroom - and I regularly visit Durban during Holidays!)

Howzit!! Do you have all 4 albums? If you can't get hold of any let me know as I'd be happy to send you one. Do you have a lot of friends into their music? It never ceases to amaze me how their music has reached so many people in so many places...fantastic! I went to Joh'burg many times on my holidays too mostly to party with friends. In Durban I was studying at Hermes Academy for 2 years - those were wonderful times indeed! Totsiens...

I forgot to say that Muse is never played on radio over here. I have never heard a single song of Muse on TV or radio! I got to know Muse through Absolution and then started to hunt for their earlier work.

That's so sad that the radio stations don't play their music...over here it's played every now and then, not as much as it should, that's for sure. How did you hear of Absolution in the first place? I had a hard time finding their earlier cds and I ended up ordering 2 from ebay. I also have a live one which I'd be happy to send you a copy of...I have only seen them live once but I am planning on seeing them again on their upcoming campus tour. If you ever happen to come my way, I'd be happy to have you stay with us.

That's so sad that the radio stations don't play their music...over here it's played every now and then, not as much as it should, that's for sure. How did you hear of Absolution in the first place? I had a hard time finding their earlier cds and I ended up ordering 2 from ebay. I also have a live one which I'd be happy to send you a copy of...I have only seen them live once but I am planning on seeing them again on their upcoming campus tour. If you ever happen to come my way, I'd be happy to have you stay with us.

I heard a Muse song on MTV while I was on holiday in the UK and since then I was completely and hopelesly hooked! When I came back to SA I had to order their older album's from the UK which were very very expensive (but worth every cent!). I would really appreciate it if you could maybe send me some of their stuff - you rock :D - I can't get hold of a Muse T-Shirt, DVD's or any merchendise for that matter :( !!! Send me an e-mail and we can talk about it!!!

I have introduced Muse to 3 of my friends, but that's the only people I know who are even aware of their existance! Tot later! :D

I heard a Muse song on MTV while I was on holiday in the UK and since then I was completely and hopelesly hooked! When I came back to SA I had to order their older album's from the UK which were very very expensive (but worth every cent!). I would really appreciate it if you could maybe send me some of their stuff - you rock :D - I can't get hold of a Muse T-Shirt, DVD's or any merchendise for that matter :( !!! Send me an e-mail and we can talk about it!!!

I have introduced Muse to 3 of my friends, but that's the only people I know who are even aware of their existance! Tot later! :D

That's pretty much what happened to me...hearing "hysteria" on the radio and that one time got me hooked right away. Do your friends like them as much as you do? They'll in turn, musevangelize to their friends for sure...

Check your email.

That's pretty much what happened to me...hearing "hysteria" on the radio and that one time got me hooked right away. :stunned:

Same here. I saw Hysteria on Kerrang about a month ago, then went and bought the album next chance I could get. I never do stuff like that, buying stuff on the basis of one song.

Now I just need Showbiz - I've converted three people so far including a former Britney fan.

Tip: when Musevangelizing girlie-girls, show them a really nice pic of Matt first. (It worked on Aine. ;) )

Same here. I saw Hysteria on Kerrang about a month ago, then went and bought the album next chance I could get. I never do stuff like that, buying stuff on the basis of one song.

Now I just need Showbiz - I've converted three people so far including a former Britney fan.

Tip: when Musevangelizing girlie-girls, show them a really nice pic of Matt first. (It worked on Aine. ;) )

That's definitely a great tip! For me it had to be his voice...

for me it also had to be my voice. I began to appreciate his looks later on... but first the musical skills of all three...

For me it was just the music as a whole when I saw the vid, then it was the voice when I listened to the album, THEN I actually saw Matt...

'Muse' has officially become a four-letter word in my house. And my sister is starting to complain about the loud music and Matt pictures in our room. :rolleyes: No taste, any of them.

ooeeeh.. maybe you can convert them? My parents love muse, they just put it up in the car n stuff.. :happy:

Well, I first heard Muse at our schoolfestival, played by some friends of mine. Then they gave me Showbiz to listen and a compilation of themselves. Then Abs came out a year later, and I saw the pic of Muse then for the first time in the booklet of Absolution and some magazines I bought at the same time. I had bought OoS before that though.

Archived