"Musevangelists"

gocanux

Had a Musevangelist moment today. We were at Subway (sandwich shop) and the owner recognized us, as we often come in on $2.99 night after Colin's soccer practices. So Brian is wearing his autographed Muse trucker hat, and the owner asks "Is that a good band?" Innocent question, but of course we had to give him the full spiel, and he remembered seeing the Fuse broadcast and that they are really good! Perhaps another convert....

it should be interesting to see how many of those who wander into the shows will be converts. most of them are open to the public so it will be harder to get the casual fan into them. we seem to be eating up alot of the available tickets :)

PIB seems to be a catchy one to start him off with.

good idea thanks! I wasn't sure if I would do Time is running out or Plug in baby. But I've the perfect vid (reading) to show him.. heheheh

Converting a shopowner, hehhe, nice trick gocanux! Then he'll promote Muse to other people... :happy:

it should be interesting to see how many of those who wander into the shows will be converts. most of them are open to the public so it will be harder to get the casual fan into them. we seem to be eating up alot of the available tickets :)

Actually, no one has so far replied to my Maryland gig thread except ocean5, and we are going to the concert together with my teenagers. So we may have an arenafull of uninitiated collegiate types to convert. Actually, Muse will do the converting, with their performance; we'll just take care of the groundwork.

And yes, Maaike, I will take any opportunity to tell people about Muse. But that time I had some help from my son Brian (canuxfan44 here) who is home for spring break from college. We are quite a team of Musevangelists!

i never did get the cupcake joke.

anyone care to explain it to me?

and yes, the concerts usually ARE enough to convert the uninitaited.

it was enough for me.

or at least they piqued my curiosity enough to buy absolution.

and that, as they say, was that.

this was a strange strange summer... fueled by muse and a dreamy quality given by the fact that it was almost constantly raining, so even when it wasn't raining the sunlight sure semed to feel like it was hazy and filtered...

my god, what have i been wasting my life on. lol

summer is always a special time for me.

i need to see muse in the summer and see if it hightens the effect.

i never did get the cupcake joke.

anyone care to explain it to me?

and yes, the concerts usually ARE enough to convert the uninitaited.

it was enough for me.

or at least they piqued my curiosity enough to buy absolution.

and that, as they say, was that.QUOTE]

Someone recently explained that the cupcake thing originated in the Caption thread, and has no basis whatsoever in MuseFact.

And yes, Muse live is enough to convert anyone with a brain or soul.

Going to the Buffalo gig? Is that near you, Squirrely?

I am sending cds to my friends up in Canada who are very intrigued as to why this Musemom is so excited to go see them in Philly and Maryland. Once they hear their music I am sure they'll be hooked too!

Strong work! Canada needs Muse!

i just think that not including us on the boards, but the people who have been to the shows already will hear of the show and be there. i think the st. louis show will be alot of familiar faces... but i'm bringing 7 now.... the number keeps growing.

i think i'm going to skip the memphis in may festival on beale street to see muse in louisville instead. i don't think this will go over well with my friends.... unless magically the day before the louisville show they get added to the memphis festival (awesomeness if it did) and i wouldn't have to go to louisville.. :D

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!?!?!?!?!?

*goes and looks*

*screams loudly* YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

*does the bacon and eggs dance of joy*

ok, i am seriously going to scrounge money from everywhere and GO THERE!!!

gocanux, i fucking love you, you've made my day.

i would jump on you and start hugging if you were near me!!!!

All of you are SOOOO lucky! I'm stuck in South Africa and I don't think Muse even ever heard of this place - so chances of them touring here is zero! I discovered Muse during a trip to England in 2003/2004! Muse is the best thing that ever happened to me, but I don't think I'll ever get to see them live :( It's also very difficult to get hold of their CD's over here, but I import them at outrageous prices - it's worth every penny though!!!!!!!!!

Hi Terpsichore...I can see you are new on the board...welcome! Whereabouts in South Africa are you from? I can't believe I've encountered someone from there...I lived in Durban!!! How long have you know Muse? If it's so hard to find their cds there I'd be happy to send you copies if it helps.

Archived