I really do not understand why people hate these two songs. They're certainly not the best in Muse's catalog, far from it actually (though thats more of a testament to how great the band is then anything else), but they're still really good. If you look at them as just simple POP songs, then they're really amazing. Starlight is an absolutely brilliant pop song, and while Invincible may get slightly cheesy, it still has a great, spacey atmosphere, and an awesome solo. They both succeed perfectly at what they set out to achieve, and I really like both.

Starlight is slightly better studio wise. Invincible is 1000 times better live. Both are weak by Muse's standards, especially for single releases.

I agree

mmm hard decision, these songs aren't in my top, but after a long time without heard them, they are ok. Maybe I will choose starlight, I prefer the lyrics and the piano. Invincible would be very boring without the solo.

I definitely love starlight better than invincible. I love starlight from the very first time I heard it. The music,the lyric,the clip,l like all about starlight. It's a bit poppy especially at the beginning,but l think it's rock in the middle of the song. lnvincible.. hmm,l like the drumbeat,of couse.. :D

I really didn't like Starlight until I saw the HAARP version of it...now I can tolerate it but I never listen to it just for funsies.

Invincible's live version is also better than the studio one, but I can and occasionally will listen to it every once in a while...so I guess I say Invincible.

I really didn't like Starlight until I saw the HAARP version of it...now I can tolerate it but I never listen to it just for funsies.

Invincible's live version is also better than the studio one, but I can and occasionally will listen to it every once in a while...so I guess I say Invincible.

Live Invincible is just about the best thing they've ever done. It's like Matt decided "I shall do this Indian thing for the first minute..."

Live Invincible is just about the best thing they've ever done. It's like Matt decided "I shall do this Indian thing for the first minute..."

I'm not sure I'd call it 'the best thing they've ever done' but I do like how he has the whole crowd transfixed in the beginning. It makes me awed too lol.

And I preferred the beating of dolphins over Indians....

Starlight is slightly better studio wise. Invincible is 1000 times better live. Both are weak by Muse's standards, especially for single releases.

Exactly! :happy: I love the bass in the studio version of Starlight, but Invincible shits all over it live! I particularly love the performance from Milan when Matt sings the last line in Italian! WIN :D

• 4 years later...

Archived