Where?

Well, two.

"And I can't help but wonder why this took so long to finish.

(the post-production things aside, even though I wouldn't mind some more specific descriptions on all that "red tape" information)"

The band is still going, every day new things happen that he has to cover in the film. And I can imagine that some of the footage and rarer stuff was quite hard to source, and there will be a lot of waiting around for things.

He does have a life outside the film :LOL:

"Also people who are getting butthurt over criticism should remember that Liam wants to do this kind of thing for a living(right?) and needs to be able to take it. Especially when it's about such elemental stuff like proofreading and double checking facts."

It is his job.

Also the proofreading was the thing that was most time consuming, probably.

It is his job.

Also the proofreading was the thing that was most time consuming, probably.

Well yeah. Like you said it, it's his job to make sure the movie is as grammatically correct as possible. Doesn't matter how long it takes.

Really? Oh right, it's still on 95% for me. I thought it was till present day.

Fucks sake Jamie

Well THERE IS T2L footage, but it's just a glimpse going with "to be continued...".

How I felt about the movie: even though I was expecting it, the changes in footage quality were really annoying. But of course there's not really anything that Liam could have done about it. Maybe the whole DVD is just a bit too compressed, though (I expected it to be 10 GB, given the length). And given that the V1 of the movie is not made for the hardcore fan, I can see why people might think that it feels a bit like an ordered youtube playlist (with rare stuff in it of course). I'm confident that V2 will be more enjoyable for me.

Having said this, that Bliss at the end with so many different performaces together gave me chills.

I'm just gonna wait for V2 before I download it 'cause that's the version with a lot of the stuff I'm really looking forward to seeing. From what I saw in the 24 minutes uploaded on YT though, it looked pretty good. Well edited so far (really dig the opening with Take A Bow) and I can only assume it'll be even better as the video quality gets better later on. Only thing that bothered me was that some of the bits that had echo-y effects on the voice-overs from the band made it a bit hard to hear what they were actually saying.

Good stuff though, really looking forward to V2.

"But for anyone who knows Muse well, none of this will be news. Obviously I shouldn't expect it to be any different, I'm just saying how I felt when I watched it. And I can't help but wonder why this took so long to finish. (the post-production things aside, even though I wouldn't mind some more specific descriptions on all that "red tape" information)

Also people who are getting butthurt over criticism should remember that Liam wants to do this kind of thing for a living(right?) and needs to be able to take it. Especially when it's about such elemental stuff like proofreading and double checking facts."

There's nothing in the movie that I haven't seen before, I think, but being able to rewatch all that footage compiled in a single DVD that illustrate well why I fell in love with the band almost 11 years ago brought me a feeling of positive nostalgia. I know Muse well and I loved it for that reason. BUT! I also wonder why this took so long to finish, but that's irrelevant now. And I agree that Liam must be (and I'm sure he is) open to criticism, it's not like people are slagging it off unjustly, is it?

Only thing that bothered me was that some of the bits that had echo-y effects on the voice-overs from the band made it a bit hard to hear what they were actually saying.

Good stuff though, really looking forward to V2.

The echo-y stuff was just at the beggining. I had too problem with understanding. As I am a filmaker on my own, i believe that it was edited very well. I enjoyed the film extremely, although it didnt have any new information for me. But there were few footages i havent seen before. I already gave this movie to my friends who are just beggining with Muse and i'm sure they will appritiate it very much.

Im looking forward very much for the V2. And also wanna give big apload for the idea and edit of bliss at the end. The whole ending was pretty powerful ! :)

De-lurking to say three things:

1) THANKS, LIAM! :D

2) Liam might be fine with criticism, but I'll bet he has a better understanding now of what Muse hears from their fans all the time. :p

3) Liam, any chance (pretty please?) that you'd go ahead and post the Ipswitch pro-shot on YouTube now? I'd give my right arm to see that. Of course, I'm left-handed.....

Liam, aside from the spelling stuff, will you correct some of the information as well? I only skimmed through the movie, so I don't know if there's more, but I noticed something during Showbiz at Reading.

"The song Showbiz made a return for Reading Festival 2006 as part of their incredible set" isn't entirely correct. It was played a modest 7 times before that.

Yeah as mentioned in the torrent notes the spelling has already been corrected for V2.

As V2 is finalised now as a rendered file I'm not able to add it was also played another 7 times before then. In that part its all focused on Reading Festival so it was more about just saying "this is Showbiz, it was here for Reading", and not going into detail on the song itself, but very fair point and If i was able to add it now I would. I saw it 4 times on that tour and it was incredible. Thanks very much for pointing it out :)

Liam wants to do this kind of thing for a living(right?) and needs to be able to take it. Especially when it's about such elemental stuff like proofreading and double checking facts."

Im actually a camera operator for a living but solely based on this project I'm more than open to anything said :)

It shouldn't really surprise me that people on here are nitpicking at something given to them for free, and that took Liam a lot of time and effort to put together. But that's my bad for assuming there'd be less moaning and more appreciating the efforts of a fan who produced something that took years and who offered to share it with other fans. :rolleyes:

Oh, and +1 at what Sever said above! :happy:

I honestly dont mind, If there wasent any criticism id think something was wrong :LOL: In honesty the response ive had has been totally overwhelming, more than I even expected. I've even had Matt's mum contact me to express how much she enjoyed it, as if Muse and Toms comments weren't enough already, anything on top of that is just gravy. :happy:

I've even had Matt's mum contact me to express how much she enjoyed it, as if Muse and Toms comments weren't enough already, anything on top of that is just gravy :happy:

Whoa, thats pretty awesome! Good job.

Really keen to see it after work. :D

Archived