Least fave off ST

Claudia O

your most hated song(s)off ST is/are ...  

64 members have voted

1. 1. your most hated song(s)off ST is/are ...

• Algorithm
    • The Dark Side
    • Pressure
    • Propaganda
    • Break it to me
    • Something human
    • Thought Contagion
    • Get up and fight
    • Blockades
    • Dig down
    • The Void

Dig down:

I do hate and skip the album version, when I hear the wubwub-stuff I get sick, no... Gospel version is ok cause of the piano and choir, flows nicely - the song itself is good, but it reminds me too much of George Michael in some ways, he is my idol since my childhood, his loss hurts too much still.

Get up and fight:

This sort of song is worse than the baddest 80's-music. This ahahaha's throughout, the beat, the absence of instruments (verses) the melody in the chorus, at least we get a guitar there :rolleyes: but nothing can save this song. Falsetto, yes, but there are much better songs with it.

I'll be the outlier here and go with Propaganda. As much as Dig Down, Something Human, Thought Contagion and Get Up and Fight are all pretty awful songs, they breeze by without leaving much of an impression. They have all the aftertaste of a vanilla wafer. On the other hand, even though I like the slide guitar stuff in Propaganda, that electronic "Propapropa...ganda" part is annoying, obnoxious and gets stuck in my head for longer than I really want it to be there. Plus the lyrics are amateurish on an embarrassing level.

I put in the first vote for Pressure :$ ! It's strange. I certainly don't hate the song as a standalone and know I'll enjoy it live, but it does the Psycho thing of repeating for a minute and a half longer than it needs to, and I sometimes find that worse than a song that has elements I'm not keen on that disappears more quickly (or seems to). It's to the point that I think Pressure disrupts the flow of the album for me where comically (compared to what I expected going in), even tracks like Dig Down don't. I reserve the right to take this back after future listens, of course :LOL:

Clear "winners" there ...

Given the massive headstart for Dig Down on everybody's shit list, Get Up And Fight has performed (underperformed?) admirably. Fair play to GUAF.

Hatred of Dig Down may be tempered by the widely held sentiment that the alternate version provides marginal redemption for the album version.

I hate the synth line of Get Up and Fight, but find the rest more forgettable than offensive. On the other hand, I do find Thought Contagion's 'final solution' line to be nauseatingly offensive to the point where I find it hard to listen to. But without it the track wouldn't be too bad. Not great, but fine. Something Human is fairly dull and very skippable, but it has a nice enough melody and upbeat feel. I actually prefer it to the majority of Muse ballads over the past decade.

So at the bottom of the pile it has to be Dig Down. It's just obnoxious, both instrumentally and vocally. I don't mind gospel, but I don't want to hear Matt attempt it. Especially not with dubstep wubs and an ear-bleedingly stupid melody. It doesn't even attempt to fit in stylistically with the rest of the album either, making it all the more jarring, even when heard in context.

Edited by Static Shadows

I voted for GUAF, but only because i forgot that Dig Down exists. It's the most boring song on the album by far, really only getting interesting when the solo starts. The Acoustic Gospel version is so much better.

(As a sidenote, does anyone know if I can change my poll answer :LOL: )