Drones World Tour Film

KirkBot

So what, they pieced together successful moments from across the entire tour to come up with one seamless experience? Because I don't think any one show went perfect.

I think the filming happened at the Amsterdam and Milan residencies, with some more at the Berlin date.

If nothing else, the bio means Psycho, Supermassive, Madness, Uprising and Knights are confirmed. But that's not a surprise. Saying that, no trailer is a bit of a surprise. Thought they might be willing to tease more than just a poster.

How many shows did all the orbs even all work at?

I saw one in Philly, but then the very next night several of them weren't working.

And the Philly gig, while they were all working, more than half of them looked awful. Lights weren't working, or the LED light strips were dangling off the orb.

I don't imagine they're going to put stuff like that in the movie. Although, based on that poster, they're not above completely fabricating visuals for this thing.

How many shows did all the orbs even all work at?

I saw one in Philly, but then the very next night several of them weren't working.

And the Philly gig, while they were all working, more than half of them looked awful. Lights weren't working, or the LED light strips were dangling off the orb.

I don't imagine they're going to put stuff like that in the movie. Although, based on that poster, they're not above completely fabricating visuals for this thing.

I'm sure they can splice it together to look like everything worked in the same show.

The show I went to had one working drone, that was quickly summoned back into its dock. Blank projection screens during the Handler (no puppet strings for us) and I don't remember what went wrong during UD, but something was definitely messed up. The only thing that did work was the cardboard space shuttle thing during Revolt, but that was such an embarrassing prop that it would have been more excited if it had crashed. I would love it if the movie features some crashing Revolt spacecraft footage.

I'm sure they can splice it together to look like everything worked in the same show.

The show I went to had one working drone, that was quickly summoned back into its dock. Blank projection screens during the Handler (no puppet strings for us) and I don't remember what went wrong during UD, but something was definitely messed up. The only thing that did work was the cardboard space shuttle thing during Revolt, but that was such an embarrassing prop that it would have been more excited if it had crashed. I would love it if the movie features some crashing Revolt spacecraft footage.

I always forget that that giant butt plug came out during Revolt for some reason.

I still get mad that I didn't get that song despite going to back to back gigs, but then remember that they played it with their backs to the crowd spinning in a circle for some reason.

I also was on the leg where a song slot was cut and didn't get whatever that weird visual going on during UD was.

Despite the issues I'd be looking forward to hearing the band in a theater sound system. I hope there's a screening nearby the actually works out.

I think they had way more problems in USA than Europe. Probably tighter schedule. Europe had only dildrone diving into crowd every now and then

I like how their flying props falling like a downed plane into the audience regularly is the minor technical fault from the tour.

I preferred seeing Live in Rome in my cinema screening than to seeing it on YouTube or on DVD later, so I would be game, but whether I'm around... guess we'll see what happens.

Seems a bit much there isn't an advance cinema list until tix go on sale next week.

I think they had way more problems in USA than Europe. Probably tighter schedule. Europe had only dildrone diving into crowd every now and then

Possibly. The main drones and screens did seem more consistent in the Europe tour.

Were the dildrone fails mainly in London? I know it nearly hit Matt at my gig, and then the following night did a properly dramatic back-first fall into the crowd having not even made it that far.

I always forget that that giant butt plug came out during Revolt for some reason.

I still get mad that I didn't get that song despite going to back to back gigs, but then remember that they played it with their backs to the crowd spinning in a circle for some reason.

I also was on the leg where a song slot was cut and didn't get whatever that weird visual going on during UD was.

Revolt had a projectile as well at one point?

Tbf on the back to the crowd thing, the 360 thing meant they were still looking at some of the audience. Kind of. Though it didn't really sound right in a half-step format IMO.

Did they fish another one out for the piano bit at one point?

Although oddly, it seems as though in the Paris gigs, there was one where they had two fly over the crowd during that section with one essentially chasing the other.

It would make sense, as they were numbered. I only recall seeing number 2.

I don't even remember what part of Globalist it came out for at my gig, as I just ignored it and looked at the visuals. Just remember seeing a video of it ramming Matt at the piano bench at some other gig.

To be fair I never saw in my life a concert movie ticket sales that are actually smooth. David Gilmour and Nick Cave were adding cinemas left and right until like 3 days before screening and there weren't any lists even on the last day. Rammstein was the best but then again they said it will be a full show in cinemas and it wasn't everywhere and you had to see the screening time, is it 100 or 120 minutes :LOL: