2017.23.08. - T Vital Festival, Belfast, Northern Ireland

MAJURYD

NBT and Biffy certainly made the trip worth it before Muse even came out anyway. Biffy are phenominal live, just wish I could get into their studio stuff. If I could, they'd be an all-time fave.

I've just watched a short clip of the end of TaB. The fact that Matt skipped some words (just "Burn" instead of "you will burn" for instance) definitely helped him a lot to "kinda" keep those high chest notes, i think.

I wouldn't even say he 'kinda' kept them tbh, struggled a lot as usual.

Mercy/Madness/Dead Inside/Starlight really killed the vibe for me. Mercy and Dead Inside (since Matt does nothing in Starlight anymore) would have been enough. Even throwimg in Plug In Baby rather than something like Showbiz would have improved that section.

Psycho to Supermassive was excellent and Take a Bow was a pleasant surprise. New Born and Hysteria sounded the best they've sounded in a long time to me.

Oh and Dig Down is truly terrible

Edited by Mozza

Starlight was actually the song I enjoyed most between Supermassive and Knights

Edit: but then again, Starlight's the song I like the most out of those (aside from TAB) so it's not much of a surprise

Edited by Jobby

...ok, as mentioned, SBE means I can't complain about anything they give us at Reading...but please, please play Take A Bow again on Sunday? That was in my original SBE top 10 before the likes of Glorious were added.

It'll only be my third Muse gig and my first to feature Drones tracks, so trying to "collect" as many as possible!

Mercy/Madness/Dead Inside/Starlight really killed the vibe for me. Mercy and Dead Inside (since Matt does nothing in Starlight anymore) would have been enough. Even throwimg in Plug In Baby rather than something like Showbiz would have improved that section.

Psycho to Supermassive was excellent and Take a Bow was a pleasant surprise. New Born and Hysteria sounded the best they've sounded in a long time to me.

Oh and Dig Down is truly terrible

Agree with you 100%. Was awesome until Supermassive then that long run of Cheese really killed the mood for me and others around me.

And Take a Bow is always awesome live :D

Forgot to mention that Morello scratching intro to Hysteria was fucking naughty as well :eyebrows: That been common over the US tour? First I've heard it I think. Got a big pop out of me anyway.

Edit: Oh, and Drill Sgt. somehow manages to make me cringe more every time I see it :noey: We're out of the Drones tour now, drop it pls

just about to fly back to Manchester so thought I'd drop in.

SBE was the best night of my life so Vital was always going to have to go some to come close.

Assassin and bliss were of course fantastic. Even Psycho was a highlight, due to the crowd loving it. But that run after New Born just killed the whole vibe. I know I shouldn't be complaining after being present at SBE, but that, along with Assassin early on got my hopes up.

As a whole they seemed lethargic, on autopilot. To be honest, the 2nd half was just plain boring. The two idiots behind me talking throughout the first half of TaB even managed to put a downer on that, they were hardcore Muse fans too, could tell from hearing their conversation.

Anyway, it's been a good week travelling around the UK, and feel so lucky to have been at SBE, maybe I would have felt different about last night if the SBE gig never happened but thank god it did!

Forgot to mention that Morello scratching intro to Hysteria was fucking naughty as well :eyebrows: That been common over the US tour? First I've heard it I think. Got a big pop out of me anyway.

Yeah he did it at the Nashville and Atlanta shows, too. I enjoyed that version of it.

That was great :happy:

Probably in my top 3 Muse gigs just behind Download and Manchester Academy. So good to finally cross Assassin off my list :D (Would have liked the full extended version, but the shortened outro they did was still awesome) and New Born was a lovely surprise. Worked really well after Isolated System too.

I had my hopes up for some crazy rarity after my friend glimpsed the setlist and said he read something they hadn't played since 2010, turned out it was TAB and he'd forgotten they'd played it on the Drones tour :LOL:

I loved the partial Host before TiRO at the O2 in 2012. Take it there was no vocals on this one though?

Was it even on the SBE request list?

Yes to #1 but it was just a waily falsetto melody, think he might've forgot the words

No to #2 </3