When is the release of the Drones-tour-DVD/Blu-ray?

Claudia O

Release of Drones-tour-DVD/Blu-ray  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Release of Drones-tour-DVD/Blu-ray

• Before christmas
    • in 2016
    • In 2017
    • Never 😳

Dude who's making it apparently said on Twitter that it won't be out before March. Seems like a long time between filming and release though (for reference, Live At Rome came out 5 months after the gig) so I wonder if they're timing it to coincide with some other announcement?

Then again, HAARP was something like 9 months so who knows.

I think people know my speculations at this point, I feel like any more from me would just start pissing people off :chuckle:

All I'll point out is that HAARP took a similar amount of time and that was timed to kick off their 2008 touring schedule. Lolla and R/L obvs aren't until August but there are a couple of US fests that come a bit earlier like SXSW and Coachella, not sure if they're rumoured for either of those though?

I couldn't care less about the DVD (unless it has Assassin in the bonus features) but if March is when gigs and whatnot kick up again then I am well in the camp of feeling like that's ages away. Aside from the Halloween thing, I haven't had anything to get legitimately excited about since June :(

I am incredibly impatient though :chuckle:

Plus, I've been gagging to follow them on a club tour since Manchester Academy gave me a taste.

Wasn't it said a while ago it was going to be a travelogue thing with live and backstage footage? Or did I imagine that?

Think the 'Muse On The Road' thing was supposed to happen on the T2L DVD but iirc the gut making this one did say something about there being 'intimiate backstage bits like you've never seen before' or sutin.

Think the 'Muse On The Road' thing was supposed to happen on the T2L DVD but iirc the gut making this one did say something about there being 'intimiate backstage bits like you've never seen before' or sutin.

I remember it first being suggested as a possibility for The Resistance Tour DVD, which then never happened anyway. So who knows. Maybe I just heard the bit about backstage bits, ehdunno.

Hopefully they'll give us a video from the upcoming DVD as the Christmas present, can't really see what else it would be. Isn't that kinda how HAARP got started, we got Blackout or Unintended from Wembley if I'm not mistaken for Christmas one year, also apologies if this has all been said before I haven't been here in a while lol

Wasn't it said a while ago it was going to be a travelogue thing with live and backstage footage? Or did I imagine that?

You are correct. Both the filmer (and Matt iirc) said the Drones "DVD" would include live footage and backstage/making of footage mashed together.

We bellyached about it for a while, because they're of course going to show 30 second clips of the good songs, and talk over the rest.

• 11 months later...