When is the release of the Drones-tour-DVD/Blu-ray?

Claudia O

Release of Drones-tour-DVD/Blu-ray  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Release of Drones-tour-DVD/Blu-ray

• Before christmas
    • in 2016
    • In 2017
    • Never 😳

It was cool-ish to look at, just hampered the atmosphere if you were actually there.

Then again, if they hadn’t done it there wouldn’t have been a barrier walk which would’ve meant no me making a sign and (presumably) no Assassin so I think we can all agree it was worth the sacrifice :)

What was awesome about it?

You have made so many comments like this that literally everyone on this board is aware that you didn't like Muse's recent output and tours. It's okay, we know that you have more sophisticated tastes, no need to worry about that.

And that's just fine, no one is trying to convert you. But mate, what do you expect? Of course this board is filled with fans that may have liked what you did not. Why do you feel obliged to post these snarky comments all the time? We all know this isn't calling for a real answer and you're not gonna be convinced whatever they might say, because that's like the 1000th time. Cut them/us some slack please.

I liked it as a viewing experience. Very different. And I don't think the atmosphere on my 360 show was that harmed - not the best, but I've been in worse crowds. Saying that, it wasn't as energetic as the Wembley or Emirates shows, nevermind smaller theatre gigs.

Still no Shepherd's Bush though.

Personally I consider myself really lucky for getting an almost perfectly central, high enough position in the arena sits. I was facing the stage horizontally, so I was able to see the helium orbs making figures and such, and the stunning visuals projected on the veils. Also, at the beginning Matt and Dom were facing in my direction. :D

Boy, what an experience for just being my first Muse gig. Even though the acoustics weren't exactly top-tier, I was so happy nonetheless.

In what way is a legit question asking "what was awesome about it" a snarky comment? :erm:

Because it comes after countless other posts where you made it clear that you think pretty much everything Muse has done over the last years is crap and beyond rescue, including the Drones tour. So I doubt you were expecting to exchange views on the merits of the tour, and just lowkey saying that nothing was awesome about it. Maybe I interpreted your post the wrong way and you were honestly asking. If so I apologise for the misplaced remark.

But still, even if the post I quoted wasn't the most obvious example of that, I don't think you can deny that almost all your posts on Main Muse consist in slagging the band off for a reason or another in every thread. We all talk shit about the band to some extent but when it's the only kind of stuff you post it's a bit annoying. Idk, imagine you're talking about a band with a friend and they tell you they don't like it; fair enough. Now if every day they come up and remind you that they don't like it, you're most likely gonna find it annoying. I just wish you'd try and contribute to Main Muse in other ways than only negative comments. Maybe I'm being oversensitive, idk.

• Like 1

People are actually arguing about this? How can you say that the Drones stage wasn't visually awesome? It was incredible. Or are people just pissed/mixing it up with the fact that all the crowds were dull af and attributing that to the stage?

I don't remember pretty much anything about how it looked, that's why I asked what made it awesome

But still, even if the post I quoted wasn't the most obvious example of that, I don't think you can deny that almost all your posts on Main Muse consist in slagging the band off for a reason or another in every thread. We all talk shit about the band to some extent but when it's the only kind of stuff you post it's a bit annoying. Idk, imagine you're talking about a band with a friend and they tell you they don't like it; fair enough. Now if every day they come up and remind you that they don't like it, you're most likely gonna find it annoying. I just wish you'd try and contribute to Main Muse in other ways than only negative comments. Maybe I'm being oversensitive, idk.

I don't deny that, no, however I do think you're being oversensitive

• 2 weeks later...
You have made so many comments like this that literally everyone on this board is aware that you didn't like Muse's recent output and tours. It's okay, we know that you have more sophisticated tastes, no need to worry about that.

And that's just fine, no one is trying to convert you. But mate, what do you expect? Of course this board is filled with fans that may have liked what you did not. Why do you feel obliged to post these snarky comments all the time? We all know this isn't calling for a real answer and you're not gonna be convinced whatever they might say, because that's like the 1000th time. Cut them/us some slack please.

Finally someone other than me said this. When I was last using these forums in 2012 and 2015 for news on new albums all this douche ever did was post unnecessary salty comments towards anything post Absolution and dicky little baited/troll comments thinking that he’s very clever.

It stops a lot of people coming back when you write a comment and get cancerous replies all the time.

• Like 1

What was awesome about it?

The effects were great! The giant hands “controlling the bands movements” during Handler was a big highlight, the drones flying around the show, the effects all fit really well with the new songs and overall was a prettyfun tour.

I didn’t get to see them as they didn’t come to Australia for the Drones world tour and a live DVD would have been great as there’s no pro shot versions of the Drones arena tour.

I actually really liked Drones, it grew on me and to have a lasting record of that era with almost all the songs live in HD would have been nice.

• 5 months later...