Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Thanks for the follow!

Spoke with Joe today to finalize payment. We're going to put it out on Monday so it doesn't set in a warehouse for days. I realize it's a very basic model but they treated me absolutely like I was getting a full custom. I can't give higher praise to Joe, Adrian and Tim. It's been since 2004 that I've wanted one and I'm a week away :eek:

Honestly looks a lot nicer than a lot of the ones come out the past couple of years. Nice and simple and sleek

Thanks for the follow!

Spoke with Joe today to finalize payment. We're going to put it out on Monday so it doesn't set in a warehouse for days. I realize it's a very basic model but they treated me absolutely like I was getting a full custom. I can't give higher praise to Joe, Adrian and Tim. It's been since 2004 that I've wanted one and I'm a week away :eek:

Very snazzy. Sleek is definitely the word. :)

Yea it'd definitely be either the Motherbucker or MBK-1 for authenticity reasons. But I've never played the MBK-1 and haven't found any good demos for it. How is it for #chuggz?

I wouldn't use it for #chuggz personally, but for the actual sound, I'd get the MBK-1 instead of the motherbucker.

Motherbucker. for ultimate authenti city surely?? Plus looks cooler.

It does, but it depends which 007 @jbias12 is going for. The original OOS version (including piezo) or the current one.

damn @jbias12. I was hoping mine would be the last custom built at the old shop/works building.

Maybe I can offer some incentive (in a magic sock of course) to slow your build down :ninja:

Haha... I'm slowing it down alone as I still haven't decided MBK-1 or Motherbucker. Been watching BKP Mississippi Queen, Motherbucker, and a couple PiB live videos from 2015 gigs when MB switched to MBK-1s in his Mirror on YouTube.

I know the current 007 has been used with the BKP for at least the last two albums, but other than Unsustainable and Panic Station, what songs? And other than Starlight from the BH&R tour, Uprising and SS from the Teignmouth gig, has he played the BKP MQ loaded 007 live for much more?

Haha... I'm slowing it down alone as I still haven't decided MBK-1 or Motherbucker. Been watching BKP Mississippi Queen, Motherbucker, and a couple PiB live videos from 2015 gigs when MB switched to MBK-1s in his Mirror on YouTube.

I know the current 007 has been used with the BKP for at least the last two albums, but other than Unsustainable and Panic Station, what songs? And other than Starlight from the BH&R tour, Uprising and SS from the Teignmouth gig, has he played the BKP MQ loaded 007 live for much more?

I'd slow mine down more, but it's already done. I guess I can change the strap lock color...

It's had the bridge P90 since 2005. I don't recall which guitar he used for SS at that gig, but I don't think it would've been 007. He used it for unnatural selection though.

Also, unrelated, but I've never seen this one before. Bomber sounds :facemelt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvEEK3AlxtM

I'd slow mine down more, but it's already done. I guess I can change the strap lock color...

It's had the bridge P90 since 2005. I don't recall which guitar he used for SS at that gig, but I don't think it would've been 007. He used it for unnatural selection though.

Bomber = :facemelt:

SS Teignmouth,

My favourite way of playing the Hysteria verses with delay/whammy :awesome:

So much :facemelt:

Has anyone got a guitar with a Crunchbox in the bridge that sounds anywhere near as good as the bomber?

I've only ever had the crunch box in the rust relic, and it sounds great, but not like the bomber. I think it's a bit more laid back, if that's a good way to describe it.

The chrome MoC on the other hand sounds really close, and that has what I believe is an early nail bomb. I might be wrong though.

But, but... you can't play that with P90s...

Anyway, here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgX8eF8glCU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQNySqI3Kvo

I emailed Adrian this morning, MBK-1 without logo.

If anyone is interested in the CE-7...

Per Adrian -

The CE-7 as we know it "is not going to continue in its present form. Once again after the move we will be returning to possible 2017 issues of that model."

I emailed Adrian this morning, MBK-1 without logo.

If anyone is interested in the CE-7...

Per Adrian -

The CE-7 as we know it "is not going to continue in its present form. Once again after the move we will be returning to fix the colours and make a legit signature."

Fixed.

Does that mean I have to buy one for more authentic?

Yes, it does. But only if they get the details right, like the correct fret-dot spacing and fingerboard wood, correct neck splices and of course, make it not orange.

If they do that, for the same price (or close to), i'll get one too to go with the E6.

Yes, it does. But only if they get the details right, like the correct fret-dot spacing and fingerboard wood, correct neck splices and of course, make it not orange.

If they do that, for the same price (or close to), i'll get one too to go with the E6.

What about the pickups? And they're not exactly orange. A bit too red if anything.

What about the pickups? And they're not exactly orange. A bit too red if anything.

Pickups, schmickups. I'm not sure of the spec of the original, so i'd take something that looks right :facepalm: I wouldn't mind the MBK3 set to be honest, I don't have them in the E, so it would work fine for me.

It would still probably set me on an obsessive search for 'authentic Armstrong' pickups anyway :D

Re: the colour, the ones I have seen and played have all been more orange than plum, they're definitely the wrong colour, (and yes, there's a U in there).

I have the Crunchbox in my MoC and it sounds great! However, my playing isn't up there with MB.

Not to worry, mine isn't either.

I've only ever had the crunch box in the rust relic, and it sounds great, but not like the bomber. I think it's a bit more laid back, if that's a good way to describe it.

The chrome MoC on the other hand sounds really close, and that has what I believe is an early nail bomb. I might be wrong though.

Chrome finish must just make guitars sounds better.

The CE-7 as we know it "is not going to continue in its present form. Once again after the move we will be returning to fix the colours and make a legit signature."

This has to happen.

I know I saw this in the old thread but how much should I expect to pay for on my import tax? Joe said that fed ex would contact me. is it like local sales tax plus a fee?

They usually send a bill afterwards. I'm not sure if it varies by state, but the value of the guitar seems to affect it. Usually it's a couple hundred or so.

They usually send a bill afterwards. I'm not sure if it varies by state, but the value of the guitar seems to affect it. Usually it's a couple hundred or so.

That's a relief! I read somewhere that going US to UK is super expensive and I couldn't find posts about going UK to US that I know I read before I placed the order. I did price a flight to see if I could collect it sooner :LOL:

That's a relief! I read somewhere that going US to UK is super expensive and I couldn't find posts about going UK to US that I know I read before I placed the order. I did price a flight to see if I could collect it sooner :LOL:

That might have been me. It was just the shipping costs that I was referring to though.

And no, don't do that. It would probably take the same amount of time to get it back to the US, and unless you can take it on the plane with you (in the coat closet and not under the plane with everything else) then it's safer to send it over, as it's insured against damage or being lost.

Of course, it means not being able to visit the shop and works, but you can always do that another time.

GBP TO USD is not great at the minute so it will work in your favour too.

Seems to be recovering a bit. It still should be in my favor by the time the SDL-1 comes around, but I fear for Bs' bank account next year...or the year after? :chuckle: