Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Remember that time they had a funeral event for when the red glitter 'died'?

It might still be there. Let me check.

Also, I remember reading that MB didn't like the wolfgang. He said it wasn't really a good guitar and only liked it for its MIDI capabilities (which is a bit odd, but still)

I must have missed the red glitter's funeral.

Think I saw something like that about his Wolfgang. My old guitar teacher has one and it's quite nice to play, but that might be more to do with the floyd rose & EVH mojo.

"Im actually in a state of shock. Knights of Cydonia will never be the same again."

:confused:

So Tim Stark posted this yesterday and I've been wondering if I should opt for the killbutton for the black out effect on my stealth MA. I didn't care for it at all on my MBC-1 and actually fitted the toggle to it. ...but the upper horn on the MA is smaller so it may not annoy me as much?

I know that James has had the button on his last few. Anybody have any thoughts? I guess I could always just fit the toggle myself down the road if it bugged me that much.

14052244_1616090365388179_260096740_n.jpg.e78b0e7489afb20f0b09c6e50c5dddd5.jpg

It would look great on something like that, but also, I like the kill buttons because you don't have to clean them every once in a while. I don't think the toggle switches are actually made to do that

Only thing is that you can't mute the guitar unless you hold the button down.

I must have missed the red glitter's funeral.

Think I saw something like that about his Wolfgang. My old guitar teacher has one and it's quite nice to play, but that might be more to do with the floyd rose & EVH mojo.

:confused:

I missed it too. But I paid my respects when I saw the corpse that time. #grim

I can't find the interview which had that quote, but it had to have been from 2000 or so. Apparently the only guitar that he regretted breaking was the yellow LP DC, but even then, that happened by accident. Why can't Gibson design a headstock as well as Bs can?

And I'm guessing you mean a peavey rather than the new EVH brand?

It would look great on something like that, but also, I like the kill buttons because you don't have to clean them every once in a while. I don't think the toggle switches are actually made to do that

I agree that if you use it a lot or you're heavy handed the switches won't last. The mechanism just isn't robust enough.

I agree that if you use it a lot or you're heavy handed the switches won't last. The mechanism just isn't robust enough.

It's a matter of metal fatigue I guess, I don't think there's any way around it.

Gibson's headstock design is mental, there's so little wood around the truss rod adjuster it's almost guaranteed to fail. And yet they keep banging them out, and people keep lapping them up because they're 'vintage correct' :facepalm:

This is probably something for the MB1 thread but does anybody have any information at all when these will be released next. I emailed the works today but no reply yet. I've had my name on the waiting list for about 6 years now and finally am in the position to put a deposit down so i'm hoping its soon!

If Ross0203 knows, we would be the first to know.

But I think he knows as much as we do.

:D

Last I heard from Adrian was a few months ago and he said they're aiming to start the next run "around september." He also mentioned before that the first 20 to be emailed will have a week to reply and put down their deposit. I think before it was a first come first serve basis which seemed so unfair for the people that were on the list for so long.

I reckon we'll see the run announced soon after the SDL run is finished. I imagine they would have finished the 2016/17 MB-1s spec by now, I'm hoping carbon finishing is on the agenda... I suggested it at the guitar show and they had that idea floating about for a while

Also, the MB-1s is no longer on the Guitar Works' website :ninja:

:D

Last I heard from Adrian was a few months ago and he said they're aiming to start the next run "around september." He also mentioned before that the first 20 to be emailed will have a week to reply and put down their deposit. I think before it was a first come first serve basis which seemed so unfair for the people that were on the list for so long.

I reckon we'll see the run announced soon after the SDL run is finished. I imagine they would have finished the 2016/17 MB-1s spec by now, I'm hoping carbon finishing is on the agenda... I suggested it at the guitar show and they had that idea floating about for a while

Also, the MB-1s is no longer on the Guitar Works' website :ninja:

Thanks for the info bud, i've seen a few of your posts around and it seems we've both been waiting a long while for these to come along!

I've had my name on the list for years now and finally got an email on the last run which i think was 2014 (?) when they first fit the single coil sustainer, i didn't have enough for a deposit at the time so was upset to miss out but i was worried that i wouldn't get an email again as they would remove my name from the list. Does that happen or will i still be in line for the next one do you know?

Since we're in the same boat i'd really appreciate any info you find out when you get it please! Here's to us both securing one on the next run :D

I don't use them a whole lot, and I don't think I'm really heavy handed or anything. The main issue is that they seem to become noisy on their own after a while.

I've only had one switch fail (which I've partially repaired as I don't want to deal with replacing it) but it wasn't the same type they use now.

It's a matter of metal fatigue I guess, I don't think there's any way around it.

Gibson's headstock design is mental, there's so little wood around the truss rod adjuster it's almost guaranteed to fail. And yet they keep banging them out, and people keep lapping them up because they're 'vintage correct' :facepalm:

The only way around it is getting a kill button

and yeah. It's actually impressive that it lasted that long... three months :facepalm:

Especially considering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GJTNJzzxNg

You can see it go flying at the end there.

Since we're in the same boat i'd really appreciate any info you find out when you get it please! Here's to us both securing one on the next run :D

This reminds me of Bs and Drunk Dizz.

We need to look after each other on this forum otherwise all the MB-1's go to imperial vintage to sell at silly prices...

Yes of course.

It's even worse when you have customers buy them from Mansons, and then they turn around and sell them for 5x the price.

I missed it too. But I paid my respects when I saw the corpse that time. #grim

I can't find the interview which had that quote, but it had to have been from 2000 or so. Apparently the only guitar that he regretted breaking was the yellow LP DC, but even then, that happened by accident. Why can't Gibson design a headstock as well as Bs can?

And I'm guessing you mean a peavey rather than the new EVH brand?

Yeah one of the peavey ones.

13988134_484533601754335_2711444792987112868_o.jpg

Ooooh that's nice. New gitar for jaems nineti?

Yeah one of the peavey ones.

Ooooh that's nice. New gitar for jaems nineti?

Black finish? :awesome: My old guitar teacher played jazz and I couldn't play any Muse songs on his guitars if I wanted to.

new guitar for me? Not Mat Bemmaly? That's a first

Oh wait

John Holey-royd takes the bestest shots innit.

enit

Black finish? :awesome: My old guitar teacher played jazz and I couldn't play any Muse songs on his guitars if I wanted to.

new guitar for me? Not Mat Bemmaly? That's a first

Oh wait

enit

Nah, it was blue quilted maple I think.

Not even Solider's Poem?

Nice :awesome: Is that a P90? :awesome:

Fixed.

I still wonder if it has more wood than mine did. :chuckle:

Thing is, it probably does. I have been told that it's a good weight at least (because we all obsess over the weight of these now.) I did find that the holey NAMM guitar was noticeably heavier than the Works 001.

Nah, it was blue quilted maple I think.

Not even Solider's Poem?

Lovely. Also, I think we have proof that MB had two of them, as the machine heads are mix and match. :nerd:

13912410_1774800532795994_3475113346933971073_n.jpg?oh=c3b086e6da246f6501c744216b1ff918&oe=5844A859

The other one must have had the white ivory machine heads.

And I would have, especially considering he let me play his classical once. That guitar was... uncomfortable.

Almost certainly raw ali. I think they only did the lacquer once and unanimously decided that it didn't look as good and wasn't worth the hassle. I remember asking about it for mine years back, and they heavily recommended leaving it without, which I eventually did.