Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

I forgot to ask, is that raw Ali or is it lacquered?

Almost certainly raw ali. I think they only did the lacquer once and unanimously decided that it didn't look as good and wasn't worth the hassle. I remember asking about it for mine years back, and they heavily recommended leaving it without, which I eventually did.

Thank you Bs.

Yes it is raw - I recall this one being the only one with lacquer... wonder how it looks now. I do know the owner lives not too far from here...

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/c1pa7/image1ad1

That's very nice, i'd be interested to see how the lacquer holds up. I guess if they used some sort of Automotive Urethane it would be cool?

No idea. They mentioned this when I had the original idea of a highly polished finish (no swirls or anything) but didn't know how well it would stick to that.

That idea wasn't going to work unless there was something protecting the finish, so I went with what you see in the pictures. It might need a cleaning once in a while, but having said that, I only gave the works 001 a proper deep cleaning for the first time recently after five years of owning it.

Finally received my Cider Apple Red MA-2b today. It's absolutely amazing! well worth the wait!!

Nice. How are you liking the MBK-1 set?

After thinking about going for an MB-1 for ages the spec i would go for if they released them again would be matte black without the screen but with custom hardware. However, this is pretty much just a standard MOC shape but with a different bridge, does anybody think its likely they will do a Matte Black DR-1 in the future as that is a better price and the black would look better than the green imo, just thinking the £3500 for an mb1 without midi screen is a bit of a waste, completely stuck with what to do here, i pretty much just want a cort mbc1 but made by Mansons!

After thinking about going for an MB-1 for ages the spec i would go for if they released them again would be matte black without the screen but with custom hardware. However, this is pretty much just a standard MOC shape but with a different bridge, does anybody think its likely they will do a Matte Black DR-1 in the future as that is a better price and the black would look better than the green imo, just thinking the £3500 for an mb1 without midi screen is a bit of a waste, completely stuck with what to do here, i pretty much just want a cort mbc1 but made by Mansons!

No idea. But yeah, I wouldn't bother with the MB-1 without a screen. I originally ordered mine that way, but changed it to include a screen about a month later.

Only thing is that if they made it, I don't think it would be much cheaper (if at all) than the MB-1S without a screen.

I'm really liking them, they've got great bite and still have quite a lot of body to them.

yeah definitely. The only thing I don't like about those is that the neck pickup is more for clean tones, so it's a lot fuller sounding than the bridge pickup.

I was thinking, these tuners would go pretty nicely with your guys' alu guitars, if you want an all satin/ brushed look http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Schaller-M6-Locking-Tuners-Pin-Mount-6-In-Line-SATIN-CHROME-Tuning-Keys-/191856571995?hash=item2cab8af65b:g:bBQAAOSwYmZXH4qh

s-l500.jpg

I think Schaller offers most of their hardware in satin chrome, but you have to go through a dealer and wait for the special order

I'd go silver

Which one are you getting for your 007 MA custom?

Needs to have a blue logo to match those LEDs... right??

I was thinking, these tuners would go pretty nicely with your guys' alu guitars, if you want an all satin/ brushed look http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Schaller-M6-Locking-Tuners-Pin-Mount-6-In-Line-SATIN-CHROME-Tuning-Keys-/191856571995?hash=item2cab8af65b:g:bBQAAOSwYmZXH4qh

I think Schaller offers most of their hardware in satin chrome, but you have to go through a dealer and wait for the special order

Would rather some gotoh ones as you can probably get the height adjustable posts. Can't remember if those are offered in this finish though

yTKGZvP.jpg

Would rather some gotoh ones as you can probably get the height adjustable posts. Can't remember if those are offered in this finish though

yTKGZvP.jpg

I have some non HAP Gotoh 510s in that finish I think. No one ever bought them off me

yTKGZvP.jpg

Iirc the Schaller ones are only staggered. The guy I get Gotoh stuff from says he can special order anything from them, it just takes a while

Gooooood question... Maybe the stealth or black with silver logo.

Haha I see what you did there! :ninja:

But I didn't go with the blue LEDs on the MA 007. However, I'd like them for another build! Details to follow...

PS James90, the holey looks fantastic!

Iirc the Schaller ones are only staggered. The guy I get Gotoh stuff from says he can special order anything from them, it just takes a while

Sounds like the same guy that sold me candy out of the back of his van. He's a good guy and very reliable, but incredibly misunderstood.

Gooooood question... Maybe the stealth or black with silver logo.

Haha I see what you did there! :ninja:

But I didn't go with the blue LEDs on the MA 007. However, I'd like them for another build! Details to follow...

PS James90, the holey looks fantastic!

Normally I would go with stealth, but there's only one way to make a decision. What strap does MattB use on his 007? And do the straps he records with sound the same as the ones he uses live?

Another build? The bug has bitten you, just like it has many others

Sounds like the same guy that sold me candy out of the back of his van. He's a good guy and very reliable, but incredibly misunderstood.

Normally I would go with stealth, but there's only one way to make a decision. What strap does MattB use on his 007? And do the straps he records with sound the same as the ones he uses live?

Another build? The bug has bitten you, just like it has many others

All extremely valid points! New page for MuseWiki gear page perhaps!

And yes it has. Just need to prioritize and sort specs.

All extremely valid points! New page for MuseWiki gear page perhaps!

And yes it has. Just need to prioritize and sort specs.

I think you're right. Only thing is...

800px-2014-12-16_Background5.jpg

I think this is the most recent picture of the guitar (next to the 7 string), and it doesn't have a strap.

Does that mean you won't be getting a strap either?

I think you're right. Only thing is...

800px-2014-12-16_Background5.jpg

I think this is the most recent picture of the guitar (next to the 7 string), and it doesn't have a strap.

Does that mean you won't be getting a strap either?

:eek: They need to make another album or release more behind the scenes footage!