Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Man, congrats again :D How's the paint compared to the MBC-1? Family picture pls :facemelt:

As soon as both are in the same room I'll snap a pic.

The paint feels the same and looks the same, but I know the Manson will wear faster and show damage easier. My cort is a b stock one with a huge chip missing on the lower bout and that finish is thick and almost plastic. That being said I'm not seeing the Manson as delicate as some have claimed it to be.

Hey, I was wondering if anybody would want me to make them a set of sustainer labels?

I'm making some tomorrow that are simpler with HI and LO and I and O more like the ones on the M1D1 but on black tape in once piece. I ordered these from the Steele guitar guy and realized that we had one of these label makers at work. I'll post pictures as soon as I get my black material.

Edited by eh_D

As soon as both are in the same room I'll snap a pic.

The paint feels the same and looks the same, but I know the Manson will wear faster and show damage easier. My cort is a b stock one with a huge chip missing on the lower bout and that finish is thick and almost plastic. That being said I'm not seeing the Manson as delicate as some have claimed it to be.

Hey, I was wondering if anybody would want me to make them a set of sustainer labels?

I'm making some tomorrow that are simpler with HI and LO and I and O more like the ones on the M1D1 but on black tape in once piece. I ordered these from the Steele guitar guy and realized that we had one of these label makers at work. I'll post pictures as soon as I get my black material.

I imagine you're one of the few who actually realizes that it's easier and cheaper to just print them yourself. Unless they're the ones that came with the MB-2, then those have some extra sustain to them.

Do any of MB's guitars actually have the tape in one piece? I always thought they were like the M1D1. What's actually written does vary though

Do any of MB's guitars actually have the tape in one piece? I always thought they were like the M1D1. What's actually written does vary though

I think some of the new matt black ones have it in one piece. Still don't see why they're there though.

EDIT: pictures because the guitars are so pretty

Matt_Black_2.0_1_destroyed.jpg

Manson_Silver_Glitter_Holes_2.0.jpg

Edited by nerd herd

Manson_Silver_Glitter_Holes_2.0.jpg

MB knows where it's at with this one. Saving space by omitting the tone control :yesey:

and then putting a sustainer in.

James, can we confirm now that the holes do in fact give the guitar a different voice?? I've been convinced that it does since the Psycho gig in Manchester when he played the Sagrada.

I don't think you'd really be able to tell a whole lot about the voice with the amount of stuff he's running through, but it definitely has a very different sound from the non-holes I mentioned, but then that also has a different body wood.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to post this email exchange: :LOL:

On 19 Sep 2016, at 13:46, eh_D wrote:

Happy Monday!

I have been thoroughly enjoying my stealth MA2 EVO. I did have one odd question.

The Sustaniac switches appear to be a little loose, I noticed that one of them was a little cattywampus and upon further inspection both of them rotate kind of freely. I'm pretty competent on my setup and repair and before I pull the control plate off I was wondering if that was just how those switches are? The nut that holds the switch in place appears to be at least more than finger tight. If they are just like a normal boring double throw/double pole switches I don't know if there is another way to tighten them down.

It's a tiny little thing to complain about, such a freaking awesome instrument and you guys totally exceeded my sky high expectations.

Eddie

------------------------------------------

On Monday, September 19, 2016 9:16 AM, Manson Guitar Works wrote:

Hi Eddie,

I had to look up "Cattywampus" now I am more knowledgeable! Yes, when customers request the black toggle switches we use the normal switches you might find on coil taps etc, the chrome sustainer ones are much less liable to cattywampus-ness which is why I don't like to fit the black ones over the chrome ones, but many of our customers do want the as much black as possible look as favoured by some of our artists. I don't suggest opening things up if the lock nuts appear secure as you say. In practice they don't appear any less robust - the sustainer switches still operated on this one after the "smash event".

https://www.mansonguitarworks.com/news/the-helen-foundation-manson-mb-guitar-auction-result-122

Glad you are enjoying the guitar.

Regards

Adrian

Manson Guitar Works

Edited by james90
removed email address

Heh can't say that's part of my vocabulary either, but I think I've heard it before.

I've got those black switches on one of mine, and they're not loose. At least not yet. I did have to tighten the ones on my black carbon a fair bit when re-installing the sustainer board, but those are different. Probably not a good idea...

Also, removed your email address from that post. Otherwise those live stream bots might find it :facepalm:

Heh can't say that's part of my vocabulary either, but I think I've heard it before.

I've got those black switches on one of mine, and they're not loose. At least not yet. I did have to tighten the ones on my black carbon a fair bit when re-installing the sustainer board, but those are different. Probably not a good idea...

Also, removed your email address from that post. Otherwise those live stream bots might find it :facepalm:

very odd... I may open up it up and have a look around.

Thanks for fixing the email!

Looks like they've got an MB-2 there as well :facemelt:

I'm trying to identify some of the MoCs in the top left. Could that DL with the sustainer be ye olde trasher? I don't think they had a DL-1R on display before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT8hV_Wq30E

There's also what appears to be that damaged matt black one that was on display in Birmingham or wherever.

you should make an emergency trip there James, 9 months is too long a wait :facemelt:

#AfterBreakfast

I'm trying to identify some of the MoCs in the top left. Could that DL with the sustainer be ye olde trasher? I don't think they had a DL-1R on display before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT8hV_Wq30E

There's also what appears to be that damaged matt black one that was on display in Birmingham or wherever.

#AfterBreakfast

I was thinking it's trasher since it looks like a kill button :nerd: could be a DL-1R prototype? I've totally lost the plot with which matt black is which now :LOL:

Pretty cool that the FRX bomber is still there though, but they need to put M1D1 in so I can go and see it one day.

Edited by nerd herd
Autocorrect failed me

I was thinking it's trasher since it looks like a kill button :nerd: could be a DL-1R prototype? I've totally lost the plot with which matt black is which now :LOL:

Pretty cool that the FRX bomber is still there though, but they need to put M1D1 in so I can go and see it one day.

It's probably a standard DL-1R, but I'm not sure. Like I said, they didn't have one on display before, but it might have just been hidden away.

And yeah, it's impossible now. Not even musewiki can tell us the correct answer. But this one was a slightly weird one with a standard chrome tune o matic, black custom hardware, and a few other differences. At first I thought it was just some parts thrown together, but I don't know. He supposedly did destroy it previously though.

Not sure what will become of M1D1. It wasn't even on display when I saw it.