Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Didn't somebody else get a case marked for a DL-1? I'll be honest, I'm speechless. Can't wait to plug it in.

Niiiice!

And yes a few people have. My case has it for my MA-2 EVOS. I almost shit myself when I first pulled it out of the box.

James90, looks like you won the last build to be COMPLETED at the old shop as mine will be dipped in both old and new workshops.

Cool guitar guys! In love with the 007, although I'm curious why you've chosen the button over the switch, preference?

It's not a kill button. It's actually the on/off MIDI strip button. I wanted to prevent an on/off switch + channel selection button combo like you can see in the attached pic near the sustainer switches. I wanted it to be as close to looking like MBs 007. This has the rotary knob to choose the MIDI channel.

Noticeable differences not mentioned above:

- No #blueLEDs in the neck (sorry James90)

- No piezo bridge

- Sustainiac vs Fernandes (not sure why as I originally requested a Fernandes, but I'm ok with it)

- No fret dots

- MBK-1 bridge pickup (no logo) vs Motherbucker or BKP Mississippi Queen

- No sticker labels

- Hasn't been thrown around and trashed

image.jpeg.1fb2fe6766ea0b9326e8d30715e6f6d2.jpeg

Looks really good, TBH I have guitars with both types and IMHO the Sustainiac is far superior :)

Thanks rust_relic! I wanted both of ours to still be one of a kind in their own way. Yours is still closer to MB's 007. Still #NotForSale??

Thanks Cider!

James90, looks like you won the last build to be COMPLETED at the old shop as mine will be dipped in both old and new workshops.

I believe the word you're looking for is transitional

But yeah, looks amazing. Even without the blue LEDs. :ninja:

Didn't somebody else get a case marked for a DL-1? I'll be honest, I'm speechless. Can't wait to plug it in.

It happens often.

Yours beat mine by a few hours it seems (assuming it's still coming today)

https://m.facebook.com/mansonguitarworks/photos/a.153121424895556.1073741830.147255548815477/492065177667844/?type=3

:facemelt: :facemelt: :facemelt:

EDIT: #QueTheFireworks

I did request a Fernandes vs Sustainiac, but I think I'll live...

...for now :ninja:

Lawdy lawdy that's nice! Be interested to hear how heavy it is, from memory I think I remember someone saying that Matt's 007 was the heaviest of his guitars besides the mirror ones and the double neck?

Lawdy lawdy that's nice! Be interested to hear how heavy it is, from memory I think I remember someone saying that Matt's 007 was the heaviest of his guitars besides the mirror ones and the double neck?

Yeah MB said it was his heaviest guitar (or one of the heaviest at least), and he likes recording with it because it's louder than the others.

Where's eh_D?

So, this is long and rambling, apologize in advance.

First impressions after about an hour of play. Oh the smell... I'm glad I went with the kill button over the switch simply because the upper horn is much more compact on the MA shape. The "stealth" look is stunning and it still hasn't really settled in that it belongs to me.

It was amazingly almost in tune right out of the case.I think I need to take a little out of the truss rod but when I put my gauge strings on there it might be almost perfect. I probably should have asked them to set it up with 10-52 as I think it has a normal 10 set on it now.

Weight is in the low 8 pound range I'd guess, lighter than my MBC1. Neck carve is smaller than I would have guessed after the Cort but not thin like a shredder guitar (still has that slight v shape) . Fretboard radius is almost exactly like the MBC1 and the frets are on the smallish side of medium. The edge is perfectly rolled and smooth. I really can't imagine them doing it any better. A custom would allow you fancier wood or a different fret profile and/or carve but workmanship is impeccable. The Gotoh 510 hardware is all great. I have played a ton of compound radius guitars and the Manson way of doing that is very unique. Gibson necks are almost as flat but wider, even the wide-thin PRS carve is more rounded at the first five to seven frets. The width to me is very much like the PRS standard carve that I prefer.

Plugged in, I have had a BKP nailbomb in my USA PRS CU24 since 2007 so the character of that pickup is familiar with the MBK-2. The overall tone is snappier than my PRS as expected with the maple neck and bolt on construction. Neck pickup is much fuller and warmer than the cort single coil, there is no strat like middle position, but tapping the bridge HB and rolling off the volume gets close. Glad I got the coil tap.

Sustainiac Pro, I have a guitar with a FS101k and I've played with a FS410k before and the touch and feel is different. I was kind of surprised that the harmonic toggle was a three way, nobody here has mentioned that. I always thought the MB guitars were Hi/Low only. Single notes flow just like the Fernades but accidental notes are much easier to aviod as open strings need to be plucked before they start ringing.

Fed Ex still hasn't sent me a bill, but they're not getting it back :LOL:

IMG_8415.thumb.JPG.518a820a3e14d11a581028c3858de277.JPG

First impressions after about an hour of play. Oh the smell... I'm glad I went with the kill button over the switch simply because the upper horn is much more compact on the MA shape. The "stealth" look is stunning and it still hasn't really settled in that it belongs to me.

It was amazingly almost in tune right out of the case.I think I need to take a little out of the truss rod but when I put my gauge strings on there it might be almost perfect. I probably should have asked them to set it up with 10-52 as I think it has a normal 10 set on it now.

Weight is in the low 8 pound range I'd guess, lighter than my MBC1. Neck carve is smaller than I would have guessed after the Cort but not thin like a shredder guitar (still has that slight v shape) . Fretboard radius is almost exactly like the MBC1 and the frets are on the smallish side of medium. The edge is perfectly rolled and smooth. I really can't imagine them doing it any better. A custom would allow you fancier wood or a different fret profile and/or carve but workmanship is impeccable. The Gotoh 510 hardware is all great. I have played a ton of compound radius guitars and the Manson way of doing that is very unique. Gibson necks are almost as flat but wider, even the wide-thin PRS carve is more rounded at the first five to seven frets. The width to me is very much like the PRS standard carve that I prefer.

Plugged in, I have had a BKP nailbomb in my USA PRS CU24 since 2007 so the character of that pickup is familiar with the MBK-2. The overall tone is snappier than my PRS as expected with the maple neck and bolt on construction. Neck pickup is much fuller and warmer than the cort single coil, there is no strat like middle position, but tapping the bridge HB and rolling off the volume gets close. Glad I got the coil tap.

Sustainiac Pro, I have a guitar with a FS101k and I've played with a FS410k before and the touch and feel is different. I was kind of surprised that the harmonic toggle was a three way, nobody here has mentioned that. I always thought the MB guitars were Hi/Low only. Single notes flow just like the Fernades but accidental notes are much easier to aviod as open strings need to be plucked before they start ringing.

Man, congrats again :D How's the paint compared to the MBC-1? Family picture pls :facemelt:

Playing single string scales with the Sustainac in mix mode of course!

Where's your arrival?

And then into the riff after stockholm syndrome live at wembley 2007

It's here. I don't like the new delivery guy, but I won't go into that.

14192778_10154314207755944_3795478577710049420_n.jpg?oh=40e275353aefd65d292f1895f88f284b&oe=58801301

Nice!

They usually don't send it until a few weeks after.

And then into the riff after stockholm syndrome live at wembley 2007

It's here. I don't like the new delivery guy, but I won't go into that.

14192778_10154314207755944_3795478577710049420_n.jpg?oh=40e275353aefd65d292f1895f88f284b&oe=58801301

Nice!

They usually don't send it until a few weeks after.

Damn, I lost track of your guitars James. Since we saw the holey a couple weeks ago, I kept assuming that it was already delivered (hence me thinking this delivery was for something else :facemelt:)

Don't forget the DR-1 too :awesome: