Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

A lot depends on the specs of your build. Mine took a couple days more than a year, but it was spec'd out with a MIDI strip, FF, Wah Probe, Sustainiac, etc...

Sorry James90, no LEDs :(

I'm just quite tempted to get Sxc Jazz remade properly by Mansons. Probably don't even need to as it currently plays pretty decently.

But fuck it, make it rain

A stealth MB-2 doesn't quite look right. It's still gorgeous, but the standard one looks better, probably because it's more like the original.

MB's new stealth XY guitars are sexy though.

Yeah, I don't think stealthifying (yes I just made that up) just any guitar always works.

Plus there's only one stealth and I've made more mistakes in that than there is in a bass cover of psycho on youtube (or something like that)

edit: I didn't mean that. It hasn't been completely butchered as such, but I would've been better off leaving the twisty kaoss in, as I use the X-Y in this one equally as often.

Edited by james90

Yeah, I don't think stealthifying (yes I just made that up) just any guitar always works.

Plus there's only one stealth and I've made more mistakes in that than there is in a bass cover of psycho on youtube (or something like that)

edit: I didn't mean that. It hasn't been completely butchered as such, but I would've been better off leaving the twisty kaoss in, as I use the X-Y in this one equally as often.

:(

:(

Matthijs knows exactly what I'm talking about. I thought I was being unique and original, but I ended up butchering the psycho riff.

Anyone had any updates about SDL-1 and DL-1 completions?

Last I heard it should be Oct/Nov, but we'll see!

Nope nothing yet.

I finally got my 510 bridge set where I liked it. My stealth MA holds the record for all the guitars I've owned in number of unique fasteners and it's a tune-o-matic setup :LOL: I had my precision Philips driver, two standard allen keys, two metric allen keys and the little one that sets the HAP tuner height all out and in use.

I finally got my 510 bridge set where I liked it. My stealth MA holds the record for all the guitars I've owned in number of unique fasteners and it's a tune-o-matic setup :LOL: I had my precision Philips driver, two standard allen keys, two metric allen keys and the little one that sets the HAP tuner height all out and in use.

Yeah, it's not simply adjusting the thumbscrews with these! But it's a great design.

:'(

Macaroon and I must be the only two people on here that still have these. Someday I'll get a replica built, except with a fuzz factory. #FullCircle

These holey guitars look way too good

Mate you should hear one of them. Well, I guess you've heard MBs, but I'm not sure if that counts

Actually, when is the last time he used one of his? Looking at the videos from the 2015/2016 tours, it seems like the matt blacks have replaced them.

So how long do Mansons normally take to reply to emails? Should I be hoping for a reply before the new year?

As long as it takes for Jaicen to sell his amp

But no, they might still be busy setting up. I haven't actually emailed about anything recently, so I'm not sure if it's taking longer than usual

Mate you should hear one of them. Well, I guess you've heard MBs, but I'm not sure if that counts

Actually, when is the last time he used one of his? Looking at the videos from the 2015/2016 tours, it seems like the matt blacks have replaced them.

Could just take a drill to my mbc.

I can't really remember if there was much difference in the sound when he played the holey one on the psycho tour since it was near the end of the gig and the barrowlands is the warmest place in the country :LOL:. Don't remember seeing either of his holey ones at the drones tour gigs I went to though, they must've been replaced with the non-holey glitter ones by then.

Edited by nerd herd

I definitely heard a different tone, the Holey at the Manchester gig was much brighter and mid focused.

HOWEVER, that could be down to the amp etc, so not conclusive. I do think it's interesting that he only uses the holeys for that song so far, unless i'm mistaken?