Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Not sure what will become of M1D1. It wasn't even on display when I saw it.

They'll let me buy it

I'm sure someone here said that someone at the works told them M1D1 could be fixed (thought it's possible I'm talking shit right now :LOL:). Wonder if MB would use it live anymore if it was fixed, since the finishes on his new ones are pretty different.

Might be the world's most expensive bridge, but it isn't magic.

They'll let me buy it

I'm sure someone here said that someone at the works told them M1D1 could be fixed (thought it's possible I'm talking shit right now :LOL:). Wonder if MB would use it live anymore if it was fixed, since the finishes on his new ones are pretty different.

Might be the world's most expensive bridge, but it isn't magic.

It's not going to work. Believe me, I've offered 8000 french man euros in a magic second hand sock.

And I don't know at this point. Won't it keep growing mojo? And it's probably a bit too heavy compared to his others.

True. Bs thought he had the world's most expensive bridge, which I don't think he does anymore (might be wrong though :stunned: )

Also, I'd be interested to know how Witz is getting on with his FRX. Just had to sharpen the knife edges on mine, as it wasn't returning back to tune after WHAMMYING

...Seems fine now anyway, and I hope I don't have to take the entire thing apart again in the future

It's not going to work. Believe me, I've offered 8000 french man euros in a magic second hand sock.

And I don't know at this point. Won't it keep growing mojo? And it's probably a bit too heavy compared to his others.

True. Bs thought he had the world's most expensive bridge, which I don't think he does anymore (might be wrong though :stunned: )

Also, I'd be interested to know how Witz is getting on with his FRX. Just had to sharpen the knife edges on mine, as it wasn't returning back to tune after WHAMMYING

...Seems fine now anyway, and I hope I don't have to take the entire thing apart again in the future

Add a Mars bar to that and they might consider it :chuckle: Hadn't thought about the weight, but you're probably right. Was it especially heavy when you got to hold it?

Is the FRX a bit flimsy, or have you been playing like EVH Knights too much? It looks a lot cooler than a standard Floyd Rose anyway.

Add a Mars bar to that and they might consider it :chuckle: Hadn't thought about the weight, but you're probably right. Was it especially heavy when you got to hold it?

Is the FRX a bit flimsy, or have you been playing like EVH Knights too much? It looks a lot cooler than a standard Floyd Rose anyway.

Nah seemed pretty average actually. Maybe a tiny bit heavier than the MB-1.

A little bit of both (well, mostly too much KoC) but I think it could be made of better materials. Basically ended up like this one (though not as bad), and it needed to be sharpened a bit. Seems to stay in tune fine now.

IMG_3544.jpg

Save the date!! The incredible Hugh Manson himself will be hosting a meet and greet at our Sherman oaks location on Friday October 7th between 4 pm to 8pm. We will have a new line of Manson Guitars coming in that you can discuss, have signed or just try. Some goodies giveaway and who knows who else will be dropping in. Spread the good word.

Matt Bellamy is going to be there

Gone full time now so temptation to get jazz redone by Mansons is growing. They do finance don't they? How long is the general wait time for a full custom now?

Not on customs as far as I'm aware, but the wait seems to be at least a year. That's based on the knob man's new custom though.

So just been and had a play, seems like the MA has 6105, bummed as would prefer 6015.

Didn't like the neck as much as my E either, looks great but doesn't feel right for me.

There's a pre-owned custom superstrat with a nice fat c neck there too. Mystery BKP's, loads of output and sounds incredible. Massive want.

So just been and had a play, seems like the MA has 6105, bummed as would prefer 6015.

Didn't like the neck as much as my E either, looks great but doesn't feel right for me.

There's a pre-owned custom superstrat with a nice fat c neck there too. Mystery BKP's, loads of output and sounds incredible. Massive want.

Details.

What fret wire would you say the E-6 has? 6150? I'm pretty sure the custom/MB necks have that, as it's comparable to what's on a modern Fender (at least from what I can tell)

I'd say the E has 6015, which is what the modern fenders switched to, though some have the larger 6105. They're both the same height, but the 6015 is narrower which I prefer.

EDIT for stupid: Got the numbers all in a muddle. 6105 (not 6015) are the narrow tall frets that I like, and I think are on the E, whereas the MA has the 6150 which are wider and slightly shorter.

Edited by Jaicen