Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

He told me.something similar, but they're already behind on the SDL run, so probably more like next year after the move.

Regarding the neck damage, the heqdstock has been knocked off and reglued. The seller is clearly trying to play it down but I'd consider that major damage.

He told me.something similar, but they're already behind on the SDL run, so probably more like next year after the move.

Regarding the neck damage, the heqdstock has been knocked off and reglued. The seller is clearly trying to play it down but I'd consider that major damage.

Don't forget the 99 drone guitars. I wonder if they've sold all of the numbered ones yet.

Yeah, unless it's been properly repaired (which it doesn't look like) then it's probably not worth it... though I'm curious what the parts (especially the pickups) are worth.

Don't forget the 99 drone guitars. I wonder if they've sold all of the numbered ones yet.

Yeah, unless it's been properly repaired (which it doesn't look like) then it's probably not worth it... though I'm curious what the parts (especially the pickups) are worth.

The pickups? Probably not much. They're epoxy potted Kent Armstrongs by the look of it, so unrepairable, and they look like they've had a hard life. Most of the guitar looks the same way, I suspect it needs a lot of work in addition to the shocking repair to the headstock.

EDIT: The neck pickup cover is actually missing. I'd say it's a bit of a wreck in all honesty. I'd still buy it :facepalm:

The pickups? Probably not much. They're epoxy potted Kent Armstrongs by the look of it, so unrepairable, and they look like they've had a hard life. Most of the guitar looks the same way, I suspect it needs a lot of work in addition to the shocking repair to the headstock.

EDIT: The neck pickup cover is actually missing. I'd say it's a bit of a wreck in all honesty. I'd still buy it :facepalm:

Those have covers? Mine seem to just be encased in some kind of semi transparent plastic.

And looking closely, I think I recognize that stuff they repaired the neck with

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-B_Weld

I'd imagine it hasn't even had full string tension put on since the repair, considering they only put two strings on :facepalm:

back from having a refinish, new pickups, and probably some other minor things that I forgot about

13879261_10154230067230944_1251762216076311188_n.jpg?oh=c6f11fd71b386065ba0f58f8e3465ab7&oe=58536775

fedex managed to blow a hole through the back of the case somehow :facepalm: the guitar is fine, but still...

I thought that was CE-7 for a second :eek: Looks great though!

I thought that was CE-7 for a second :eek: Looks great though!

My iPhone makes it look fatter than it actually is.

Did you get MBK-1 pickups installed?

Nope, something else

Bloody hell, that's beautiful. Aaaand the GAS for an E shape is back :LOL:

Strats are the new E-shape.

Before I tweet @dickmovedom for a definitive answer, do you lot think he's just dropping the A string down an octave, or the low E down to an A?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a57h9TNQHF0

Assuming the sound is equally as good (referring to the axe FX or whatever is dropping the pitch) I think it makes more sense to drop the E string... more :srsb33f: (although probably not a whole lot) and a bit less slinky feeling

:nerd:

I honestly can't tell which string he's playing just by looking. At least from this video.

My iPhone makes it look fatter than it actually is.

Nope, something else

Strats are the new E-shape.

Before I tweet @dickmovedom for a definitive answer, do you lot think he's just dropping the A string down an octave, or the low E down to an A?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a57h9TNQHF0

Assuming the sound is equally as good (referring to the axe FX or whatever is dropping the pitch) I think it makes more sense to drop the E string... more :srsb33f: (although probably not a whole lot) and a bit less slinky feeling

:nerd:

I honestly can't tell which string he's playing just by looking. At least from this video.

He's playing the regular A string, so he's definitely running through an octave in the axe.

#ImperialVintage.

Now we need to see what a DL-1 looks like with an MB-1 neck...

I didn't think to take a picture of that! I was tempted to put the strings on to make it look more convincing, but that would be a waste. Just was setting up both and did a MoC up :facepalm:

it's blooming hot out there

This is probably something for the MB1 thread but does anybody have any information at all when these will be released next. I emailed the works today but no reply yet. I've had my name on the waiting list for about 6 years now and finally am in the position to put a deposit down so i'm hoping its soon!

This is probably something for the MB1 thread but does anybody have any information at all when these will be released next. I emailed the works today but no reply yet. I've had my name on the waiting list for about 6 years now and finally am in the position to put a deposit down so i'm hoping its soon!

If Ross0203 knows, we would be the first to know.

But I think he knows as much as we do.

:LOL: hadn't even noticed that.

It's ok. You can tell someone's a proper Muse fanboi when they mention the wolfgang MB used to play.

That or it was copied off musewiki

A guitar which now has its own facebook page

Remember that time they had a funeral event for when the red glitter 'died'?

It might still be there. Let me check.

Also, I remember reading that MB didn't like the wolfgang. He said it wasn't really a good guitar and only liked it for its MIDI capabilities (which is a bit odd, but still)

It's gone, but here are some quotes from those who attended.

"she was so young still, so beautiful and had such great sound."

"Im actually in a state of shock. Knights of Cydonia will never be the same again."

"RIP Glitterati, the guitar that brought us great hits like Stockholm Syndrome, New Born, and Uprising. We will miss your sound, your oh so smexy finish, and your amazing ability to cause Dominic Howard such trouble. You were a true fighter, triumphing over opponents such as drumkits, amplifiers and the aforementioned H...oward's forehead, and it took a thirty foot fall from a tower to finally end you. Though your body may be broken, and your sparkles left to die, you will never be forgotten. May your replacement uphold your legacy, and your sound be forever remembered."