I'd much prefer for JFK to be the opening playback rather than Drones to be honest. Would work well.

Except for, you know, the drones. :chuckle:

Unless we're talking about festivals, and then they should drop playback entirely.

They've been off for a few weeks; rehearsal could just be so Matt can make a passable effort at singing when it starts up again.

Dutch radio station 3FM interviewed Hans-Peter about the new concert film: http://www.3fm.nl/nieuws/detail/364657 (in Dutch)

The core bits are that he's the director of photography, they've already been filming in Amsterdam and Milan, and they will film more in Berlin (where they'll apparently be testing some new ideas) - so unlike Rome, it'll be made up of bits from different shows. He says about Rome: "That one was already awesome, but this film will crawl under your skin. It'll be more dynamic, heavy and more rock. It'll be more of an interpretation than a recording." They're also recording documentary parts for it, but he's not sure whether they'll be mixed in with the gig footage or a separate bit.

Dutch radio station 3FM interviewed Hans-Peter about the new concert film: http://www.3fm.nl/nieuws/detail/364657 (in Dutch)

The core bits are that he's the director of photography, they've already been filming in Amsterdam and Milan, and they will film more in Berlin (where they'll apparently be testing some new ideas) - so unlike Rome, it'll be made up of bits from different shows. He says about Rome: "That one was already awesome, but this film will crawl under your skin. It'll be more dynamic, heavy and more rock. It'll be more of an interpretation than a recording." They're also recording documentary parts for it, but he's not sure whether they'll be mixed in with the gig footage or a separate bit.

I hope they don't mix it in with the gig footage, I hate when they do that.

"Interpretation" also brings to mind only showing portions of songs, which is also something I really hate in gig videos.

I also rather don't like the sound of them "trying new stuff" in a tour that's already more than half over.

I mean, it's not the malfunctioning weather balloons with broken and tattered lighting in the US issue... but I still feel like the damn tour should be consistent throughout for the fans.

I also rather don't like the sound of them "trying new stuff" in a tour that's already more than half over.

New stuff eh..?

The will play Assassin at berlin and Prauge but not in Hamburg.

They will play Assassin at none of them, and Aftermath at all three. In place of Reapers or Defector..

New stuff?

#hype

Yeah, so much hype. Must be a blast to read from the outside.

So that new concert film is not going to represent the tour at all lol

As long as is going to be a great collection of songs, i don't care. In that regard, Live at Rome didn't represent its tour at all, the Unsustainable Tour was good but Rome was a cheesefest.

Apparently it wasn't obvious I was joking? Of course they're not going to be playing new material, this is Muse we're talking about, they take their time between albums, to say the least.
I definitely took it as a joke, But also, I don't think it was ever about new material. They're most likely just talking about debuting more songs, which is what we're discussing.

Why not debut a couple new songs? I'd be surprised if they played Glastonbury without something really strange.They already played it as safe as they could in 2010 and CE has been played both times they've headlined.

They're getting into the Eastern European areas and they're literally jumping on a plane to Glastonbury and playing a gig outside the Eiffel Tower. Something interesting has to happen for those people.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

Why not debut a couple new songs? I'd be surprised if they played Glastonbury without something really strange.They already played it as safe as they could in 2010.

They played CE and did a cover. That was risky for TR Muse!

I think it'll be some sort of nod to BHaR, probably playing all 6 of the songs they've already done on the tour and then some Drones songs and a few additional hits.

Huh, cool to hear that Berlin will definitely be filmed and interesting to see what these new ideas will be...

I think, I prefer live DVDs of a single gig, but as long as this turns out to be a good collection of songs I don't really care.

They will play Assassin at none of them, and Aftermath at all three. In place of Reapers or Defector.

Please don't say that :LOL:! Seriously though, has there been any Info on what they've been rehearsing? I could imagine that they might try to fresh things up a bit going into the fourth leg of the Euro-Drones tour + Festivals...