Thanks, good read. Wish there could be like 100 more questions and answers to read lol, I've always wondered what their Showbiz era selves would think of their current material as well lol. Also has anyone asked about a BHaR anniversary gig in some form? I'm sure it's been talked about and I missed it lol, last I read somewhere it didn't seem to be likely

Thanks, good read. Wish there could be like 100 more questions and answers to read lol, I've always wondered what their Showbiz era selves would think of their current material as well lol. Also has anyone asked about a BHaR anniversary gig in some form? I'm sure it's been talked about and I missed it lol, last I read somewhere it didn't seem to be likely

Jobby said Glen said no.

I like the idea of periodic Take a Bow/Assassin at gigs as a reference to BHaR 10 years.

Defector I'm more puzzled by, given it had a video single released and sounded like a decent one live, plus they insist on the sodding JFK speech as a bookend in the main set. Revolt and Aftermath I couldn't care less as I don't particularly rate either.

They had a lyric video for everything except The Globalist, according to Dom.

That's why we were anticipating Revolt and Aftermath as singles (besides the fact Revolt was going to originally be the first single,) because they didn't release those lyric videos.

Still a bit down about not getting to see them, tbh. The ones for Mercy and Handler were pretty damn fab.

Also still pissy that they unlisted the Mercy one in favor of the terrible "real" video.

I see. Maybe it would've been cool if the Drones Special Edition had all the lyric vids on... then again there's been a lot of "maybe's" on this touring campaign.

For the record I'm not too aware of the KROQ Weenie Roast shenanigans, and an alleged argument on playing or not playing The Handler. I didn't mind too much the idea of first deploying it at Download though.

The third-phase of the setlists, could see the new structure of Defector finally coming in after JFK, Madness going the way of UD/Resistance, popping up at a few gigs, maybe the 'heavy' song (mostly Stockholm, sometimes Hysteria, or even Reapers/Assassin) going before JFK so there's a big outro before the interlude? I think Prelude/Starlight would be better immediately after the piano song too.

Unfortunately we're dreaming here... They're rather going to rotate Madness with Aftermath.

I wouldn't really have anticipated them playing something new like that at a US festival, tbh.

Weenie Roast was most notable for the obnoxiously bad mood Matt was in, and on stage banter that was (more than) likely open derision of the crowd.

While they were playing a festival that they knew was win to enter. (And was one of three - of the four - US appearances where a substantial portion of the crowd had to win tickets.)

And for being mostly filmed and streamed from the side of the stage, for some bizarre reason.

Unfortunately, Matt's crappy attitude would crop up again at multiple gigs on the arena tour...

There was a European festival interview where Dom was actually begging Matt to let them play Handler before Download, and Matt just bitched at him to "talk to Chris" but didn't apparently mean Chris from the band. Cannot remember what festival it was.

I wouldn't really have anticipated them playing something new like that at a US festival, tbh.

Weenie Roast was most notable for the obnoxiously bad mood Matt was in, and on stage banter that was (more than) likely open derision of the crowd.

While they were playing a festival that they knew was win to enter. (And was one of three - of the four - US appearances where a substantial portion of the crowd had to win tickets.)

And for being mostly filmed and streamed from the side of the stage, for some bizarre reason.

Unfortunately, Matt's crappy attitude would crop up again at multiple gigs on the arena tour...

Oh yeah the side-stage filming... forgot about it. It was as if the person flicking between cameras went for a piss. That was odd. :chuckle:

I'd say sarcastically calling the crowd at the iHeartRadio thing in Vegas in 2013 "the best they'd ever played to" was a bit more snippy. Though I can't really tell much in the way of obnoxious on the YouTube link. Maybe just me ehdunno.

Oh yeah the side-stage filming... forgot about it. It was as if the person flicking between cameras went for a piss. That was odd. :chuckle:

I'd say sarcastically calling the crowd at the iHeartRadio thing in Vegas in 2013 "the best they'd ever played to" was a bit more snippy. Though I can't really tell much in the way of obnoxious on the YouTube link. Maybe just me ehdunno.

It was the mumbly "it's not a good time all the time. That's the vibe I'm getting here." that was the worst.

And at one point he points to some people in the back as the only fans at the gig, which was a dick move (and one that he honestly also pulled at my DC gig.)

But, Matt really did sulk his way through that gig.

Which was completely unfair, Vegas and LA; you're going into these radio events that aren't open to the public, you deal with them, or you don't do it. Don't act like a bitch.

I really thought he was pulling the same attitude at a good number of the US arena gigs for the same "oh woe is me, no one love us" attitude... but then I was shocked as hell to see some gigs were like that overseas.

In the Q&A organised by the admins of this messageboard, though, Dom has claimed Defector sounded good when they reharsed it, adding that they're waiting for "the planets to align" in order to play it (same for Aftermath).

Which I think it's a bit of bulls**t, to be honest.

Aftermath was sounding really good too. Since it was the seventh(?) show on the arena tour, we assumed it was going to be played so none of us thought to record it.

The Resistance knock-on effect?

If my memory is right, that's it. The Resistance was their most important album in the US, a lot of copies were sold, they played in arenas for the first time and they won their first Grammy with that great performance of Uprising.

Edited by Finn.