2015.12.19 - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA

AguanteRiver

Expecting 18,000-19,000 concert-goers each night at the Staples Center and am hoping for one or two rarities and perhaps a slightly longer set-list. I was lucky to get MOTP, Falling Down, Host, Sunburn, Take a Bow and Exogenesis Symphony, Part 1 at gigs I attended at the O2 in London in 2012 and the Target Center in Minneapolis in 2010 and 2013.

The record attendance at this venue is 20,800 for a boxing match a few years ago. The Lakers, Clippers and Kings can also accommodate about 19k fans. The normal capacity for an end-stage concert here is 14-16k. Adele has scheduled a six-night run at this venue in 2016. Muse will have played seven sold-out gigs here since 2010. Taylor Swift holds the record for 16 sell-outs.

Actually, i think it's fucked up how AXS does this last minute ticket release shit! To the real fans who tried buying these GA/Floor or lower bowl tickets when they first went on sale and now are stuck with average to upper level tickets are now screwed out of great seats because of this shitty AXS bullshit website that is miles worse than ticketmaster!

Does anyone agree with me?

Actually, i think it's fucked up how AXS does this last minute ticket release shit! To the real fans who tried buying these GA/Floor or lower bowl tickets when they first went on sale and now are stuck with average to upper level tickets are now screwed out of great seats because of this shitty AXS bullshit website that is miles worse than ticketmaster!

Does anyone agree with me?

I totally agree. Some of my friends that bought day of are stuck in the upper tiers for Friday. :(

I'm selling my 2 seat tix, sec 108 row 4 so they're lower bowl seats, which are the really nice ones. Everytime I miss a Muse concert they play rarities so I'm making the sacrifice for my fellow muse fans lol no but really, I cant make it to this show unfortunately so if anyone wants them I'm selling them for facevalue 170, pm me if interested or have questions

Amazing how a couple of minor tweaks can change a night around!

Tonight was looking like it would be exactly like Friday night. They did add an extra outro riff to Hysteria, which was cool. I had never heard the Vuilstamen riff before. But everything was shaping up to match, and I was feeling down.

Then they played Feeling Good, which was cool. I hadn't heard that in several years, so that was nice. But I expected that anyway and was also very relieved they didn't do Explorers as the piano song.

And then came JFK. I was curious as to whether they might switch up Revolt and do Defector instead. And then those unmistakable first beats of the snare for Reapers started, and I looked to my friend in shock, completely not expecting them to play it or place it there, and then we freaked out. And that made tonight's show so much better than Friday's!!

We need more hard rock, damnit. That's the Muse I fell in love with and still love. I don't mind the poppy stuff, but it should be a clear secondary to the harder rock and just jammin' riffs that Muse has become legendary for.

Tonight's show was pretty damn excellent. There might be something to this whole "second night wins" thing. In 2013, second Staples night got Sunburn and a random Prince cover. In 2010, second Staples Center night got riffgasm (though I guess that was after an evening full of technical snafus that caused Matt to go, "Fuck it," LOL).

show was caput.

this 360 stage b s is just a gimmik. A lot of playback stuff going on, click track all over the place, show was too short and too much like a " broadway show".

Crowd was lame....... GA crowd was like a cemetery.......low energy just like Jeb Bush. Last night show was more the same, low energy crowd.

Paul mccartney and the ROlling stones concerts are superior shows.

Set list was aweful, and the lenght of the show is totally unaceptable. It's not like that they dont' have enough material to play a 3 hour show like Macca.

Overall the show was a C +

Honestly I have to agree. I was extremely disappointed with the setlist (honestly what the hell was I expecting though?) and that stage, with the damn drapes everywhere was just... No. By far my least favorite muse concert. Now I'm debating whether I even wanna go to Vegas :(

Reapers was fucking amazing though

show was caput.

this 360 stage b s is just a gimmik. A lot of playback stuff going on, click track all over the place, show was too short and too much like a " broadway show".

Crowd was lame....... GA crowd was like a cemetery.......low energy just like Jeb Bush. Last night show was more the same, low energy crowd.

Paul mccartney and the ROlling stones concerts are superior shows.

Set list was aweful, and the lenght of the show is totally unaceptable. It's not like that they dont' have enough material to play a 3 hour show like Macca.

Overall the show was a C +

. I blame the mediocre set lists in the US because of MAINSTREAM RADIO PC POPPY BULLSHIT!!! And on the floor at Staples Center the fucking security kept harassing me about standing one inch over the stupid yellow line! These idiots walk around with flashlights and walkie talkies and act like they work for the secret service! I think I'm over the 360 stage design, let's get back to the old school end stage concept pleaasssseeeee Edited by greenpower

Was really surprised how few people were in the GA area. You really need to go to a European show to get a different experience, it's crazy over there and makes the US crowd seem pretty restrained.

I told myself, if Muse do stadium shows in the UK, I'm going!!! It's on my bucket list!

Was really surprised how few people were in the GA area. You really need to go to a European show to get a different experience, it's crazy over there and makes the US crowd seem pretty restrained.

So was I and yes, totally agree on the difference in Europe. I generally do prefer GA shows now because it does mean that those around the stage are going to be fans for the most part. In Europe, they'll be fully participating and singing along appropriately.

The U.S. is truly sad when it comes to audiences. I think many U.S. Muse fans take notice of how it's done in Europe and try follow suit, but there is just not enough of them.

I saw them at Roskilde, and those drunken Danish , without even knowing the words to the songs, knew how to have a good time and jump up and down from start to finish.

LA last night and friday night was really lame and low energy , a lot of older fans too, which was really surprising. I didn't know that muse had fans in their 50's......but perhaps that 's what contributed to the low energy show. I felt like I was at a U2 show or something......

A lot of dudes also,, way too many sausages.....

All in all, the show was caput, and I really regret spending over 100 bucks to see them. I want my money back.

also, after 15 years, Matt hasn't learned to be a proper front man ......he doesn't know how to interact with the audience. Alex Kopranos from FF is a prime example of how a front man should be. Mick Jagger would be another good example.

They only 2 things i heard them say last night were " LA is good to be here, and LA, thank you , merry christmas " What the H?????!!!!!!!!

I saw them at Roskilde, and those drunken Danish , without even knowing the words to the songs, knew how to have a good time and jump up and down from start to finish.

LA last night and friday night was really lame and low energy , a lot of older fans too, which was really surprising. I didn't know that muse had fans in their 50's......but perhaps that 's what contributed to the low energy show. I felt like I was at a U2 show or something......

A lot of dudes also,, way too many sausages.....

All in all, the show was caput, and I really regret spending over 100 bucks to see them. I want my money back.

I'm in my 40s. If a fan is there and they are in their 50's or whatever age, they're a fan. Blaming them for low energy is ignorant. If they weren't jumping around, they were riveted on the intricacies of the performance. People in their teens or 20s go to concerts just because it's monkey-see monkey-do. They are the ones getting overly drunk, chit chatting during the show, and running for nachos. A fan in their 50s is there for the music and performance. They are real music fans and love live music.

There were kids all around me that were not paying attention, being loud NOT in response to the show because of course if they don't know the song then it must suck and no one else cares either, and essentially just waiting for the radio hits.

The show was far from caput. I focused on the band and for the most part it felt like I was at an intimate club show on the floor. I would have liked to go on Saturday night just to take in the production, which is brilliant as far as I'm concerned. I had been quite tired of Resistance for a while now, but the performance on Friday won me over as was the case with a number of other standards. That is what it should be about. On paper, a setlist can look boring, but if they are delivering in the actual performance of the song, you can be reminded why you ever liked it in the first place. Vice versa, a song you've been waiting forever to hear live may not go over that well in reality.

I filter out the American aspect of shows. The low energy, the inattentiveness, the lack of interest in anything but radio hits are all realities that aren't going to change anytime soon. I focus on the real fans that are there and the band. I go to Europe when I want the full experience.

also, after 15 years, Matt hasn't learned to be a proper front man ......he doesn't know how to interact with the audience. Alex Kopranos from FF is a prime example of how a front man should be. Mick Jagger would be another good example.

They only 2 things i heard them say last night were " LA is good to be here, and LA, thank you , merry christmas " What the H?????!!!!!!!!

Matt is Matt. Dave Gahan and Depeche Mode are similar in their shows. Both bands are hugely successful live acts. Matt is a front man in his performance during the songs, not chit chatting between songs. It's not his personality. He's an artist. There are plenty of front men that I do love that I also feel need to learn the shut the f**k up because they talk too much between songs and DURING songs, the latter being a real pet peeve.

The U.S. has a lot of safety restrictions that Europe and other countries do not. So, since you do not like seeing them in the US, save your money and fly to Europe. Problem solved. Then, you get the Muse setlist with the Muse crowds you want.

I've been on the floor for 4 shows so far this tour. I have two more. I am having an awesome experience, meeting incredible Musers. The setlist hasn't changed much from show to show. This was the first one I didn't hear a song that wasn't already played. I was excited hearing Reapers again but wanted Bliss. It's been switched out for Plug In Baby 2 of the 4 shows. I was hoping for something special last night but it is what it is and I'm happy to see them live and up so close not once but 6 times.

I've walked away every show so far with a souvenir from the band: setlists, harmonica, drumstick. It can't get much better than this than meeting them.

Be thankful you're getting a tour and an opportunity to see them. One day, inevitably, tthat will be taken away. Every tour has its issues. Drones isn't perfect but I've been having an amazing time despite the headaches I've run into during this journey.

Edit: I take total offense about the age issue. I'm 43. I've queued for these shows now on an average of 10 hours/show. And many of the people who have been following them around the country, queuing out these long hours are not in their 20s. The comment about age is very ignorant. I know I'm not sitting there acting like I'm seeing Adelle.

Edited by violatedbydm