2015.12.19 - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA

AguanteRiver

This is my theory:

Muse have lost a lot of fans throughout the years in the US.... As a consequence of that, their core fan base have gotten older.

That's why we had many over 40 fans at staples sitting down texting during the show .

A band that has renewed its fan base would be franz Ferdinand..... You go to their show and you see 90% 18-35 fans .......

You cannot blame it all on the age. I've been at many shows were 20 somethings are rude as fuck during a show, talking, texting, snapchatting, etc. My daughter stood next to a couple in their 20s at a show and they were the most obnoxious people we've come across so far on this tour... the girl was constantly on her phone, they were constantly making out, they were complaining before the show they "this band better be worth the wait." They didn't know hardly any of their songs and were complaining because they didn't know any. This couple was against the barrier too! I know for a fact there would have been at least two fans who were older than them who would have appreciated and deserved to be in that spot more than they did. Age doesn't matter. You can have a shitty unappreciative fan at 18 just as you can have a boring fan at 40.

I've never texted or sat down during a show. Every one of these shows, I've been against the barrier. You would see me and probably think I'm actually in my late 20s or early 30s. I can't stop my aging process. God, I really wish I could but I can't. It's a part of life and you'll be pushing these ages one day as well. But, just because I'm in my 40s now doesn't mean I lose my right to see my favorite bands play. I'm going to see them until they stop or I die.

I haven't stayed current with this thread because I have a life. But, really, you have to blame it on the crowd as a whole. LA is notorious for having lackluster crowds. Too many industry people, too many radio winners, too many people who go because it's something to do on a given night or because it's cool.

Please help me out. Can anyone send me a picture of their GA ticket from either show? I had to sell mine last minute and the guy is telling me they voided it upon entry. I bought on the Muse members presale. I had the name at will call transferred to him and he picked it up with no problem. He sent me back the ticket with "void" stamped on the barcode and said he was denied entry. I think he's full of crap because that's what venues normally do with GA tickets so they can't be used/scanned again once inside for floor access. I could be wrong but don't thing so. Thanks!

I can't speak to an LA gig, but I've been to events in over half the states, and have never had "void" or anything else stamped on a ticket.

I've never been turned away, but can tell you they've never done that to a ticket that was good for entry, in my experience.

I have heard of tickets being stamped "void" if they show up on the scanner as not to be accepted, but it would be tough to tell if the stamp is legit or not, probably.

Please help me out. Can anyone send me a picture of their GA ticket from either show? I had to sell mine last minute and the guy is telling me they voided it upon entry. I bought on the Muse members presale. I had the name at will call transferred to him and he picked it up with no problem. He sent me back the ticket with "void" stamped on the barcode and said he was denied entry. I think he's full of crap because that's what venues normally do with GA tickets so they can't be used/scanned again once inside for floor access. I could be wrong but don't thing so. Thanks!

Sounds like the guy is BSing. They used all electronic scanners and ones to test if they were valid. I think they would just prevent you from going in. Here's mine: http://i.imgur.com/xMWfVaQ.jpg

If the ticket was transferred through Ticketstoday, I'm guessing he's bullshitting too. I've never seen them stamp them void but I've also never had a issue with a ticket. Did he try to contact you at the show or waited?

No, he waited until the day after. The void stamp was a hole punch that said void, so not a generic void ink stamp. I'll will call Staples Center and Ticketstoday to see if they can help. I thought I'd try here first hoping all tickets were stamped with that for floor access.

The hole punch makes it seem more likely that the person didn't forge it, unfortunately.

I would call the venue, and ask them to confirm what they do with invalid tickets; see if the talk about the punch stamp.

Then maybe see if there's anyway to contact TicketsToday and tell them your ticket didn't work, and see what happens.

No, he waited until the day after. The void stamp was a hole punch that said void, so not a generic void ink stamp. I'll will call Staples Center and Ticketstoday to see if they can help. I thought I'd try here first hoping all tickets were stamped with that for floor access.

For floor access they just marked it with an "x" when they gave you a wrist band. That's all that's been occurring at the venues so far that I've been to as well. It seems strange that he waited a day. I would have been freaking out and contacted you immediately. I would definitely start with Ticketstoday and then Staples. I'm not sure how much help they would be to you. Sorry you're dealing with all this but I'm also curious what steps he took to rectify it at the show. Like I said, I would have been going ballistic and frantically trying to resolve the issue, documenting everything I was going through. Who knows, maybe I would have taken video from my phone as proof that I was denied entrance.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
^ I like your username, if it means what I think it does

Yes, I'm a die-hard Canucks fan, not easy this season, but I'm loyal! My soon-to-be-30-yr-old son spent his 8th birthday with the family at a Stanley Cup Final series game vs the Rangers, back in '94. Go Canucks Go!

You cannot blame it all on the age. I've been at many shows were 20 somethings are rude as fuck during a show, talking, texting, snapchatting, etc. My daughter stood next to a couple in their 20s at a show and they were the most obnoxious people we've come across so far on this tour... the girl was constantly on her phone, they were constantly making out, they were complaining before the show they "this band better be worth the wait." They didn't know hardly any of their songs and were complaining because they didn't know any. This couple was against the barrier too! I know for a fact there would have been at least two fans who were older than them who would have appreciated and deserved to be in that spot more than they did. Age doesn't matter. You can have a shitty unappreciative fan at 18 just as you can have a boring fan at 40.

I've never texted or sat down during a show. Every one of these shows, I've been against the barrier. You would see me and probably think I'm actually in my late 20s or early 30s. I can't stop my aging process. God, I really wish I could but I can't. It's a part of life and you'll be pushing these ages one day as well. But, just because I'm in my 40s now doesn't mean I lose my right to see my favorite bands play. I'm going to see them until they stop or I die.

I haven't stayed current with this thread because I have a life. But, really, you have to blame it on the crowd as a whole. LA is notorious for having lackluster crowds. Too many industry people, too many radio winners, too many people who go because it's something to do on a given night or because it's cool.

Age? My husband and I (who met on this forum ftw!) are 62 and have been on the barrier for 5 shows on this tour, jumping and fist pumping and carrying on with our (mostly) over-40 friends! And I agree, some of the younger folks seem to think it's acceptable to talk loudly or text/tweet/etc during gigs -- it's ok, but not on the barrier!

Part of the problem on this US tour was that the folks who could afford VIP tickets could enter the GA floor first, taking up most of the circle. Some of them looked like they needed their vital signs checked. We managed our spots by queueing all day for most gigs. We did VIP for 2 (LA-2 and SD) and were upgraded to VIP in Vegas (long story) -- so we saved barrier spots for 10-12 of our Muser family in the queue!

And we rock! The band knows it, too -- check out the end of this video, from about 3:50, when Matthew comes down to hug Catherine on the occasion of her 140th Muse gig, and Morgan comes down to hand me his cabasa!