2015.12.19 - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA

AguanteRiver

Muse should be ashamed to call themselves a rock band. Matt vocals are just a one trick pony. Falsetto and that's it. He should let Chris sing more songs....just like the Beatles were.....the beatles, all 4 of them sang live.

Friday show was caput, saturday show was caput, the crowd was aweful, the stage was lame, the set list sucked!!!!!

And they call themselves a rock band????? What rock band uses click track all over the place? what true rock band uses play back tapes??????!!!!!!

Because they are shady with play back tapes and click tracks....makes me wonder if Matt is really singing.........

what a shame.....and the 2 la shows were the worst shows I have seen this year, and I have seen many many shows in 2015.

I had a blast again last night!!! Truly truly amazing.

I'm really shocked by the complaining on this board. It's really sad to me. False sense of entitlement. But everyone had their own personal experiences & I'm lucky mine was outstanding & just plain Amazing. I appreciate that I was even able to afford & attend these shows in the first place. I hope everyone can understand that not everyone is as lucky. But to each their own. Thank you MUSE & crew.

I mean I guess power to you for enjoying mediocre setlists. Everyone enjoys the performances, doesn't mean everyone enjoys the same old shit every time.

OT: Even though I was in the nosebleeds I was happier this night because they played Reapers. It's honestly sad when it gets to a point where I become ecstatic to hear Reapers instead of older songs. Nevertheless I enjoyed myself but it wasn't a "perfect" concert because of setlist related reasons.

If you're expecting a "perfect" concert based on setlist, you're setting yourself up for failure. I mean, by those metrics, I could even say that the Mayan show wasn't perfect, because I never heard them play Citizen Erased or Dead Star, and thus that's kind of sad.

ferrante9 still got me all like :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Saturday was bad not only because of the setlist ....

But Also the crowd, I was surprised to see so many people over 40 at a muse concert . Since when they have an older following? Or are these over 4O fans been a fan since 1999??!!

Of course when you have an older crowd , you will have people sitting down.... And people who would want to stand up and make a fuss , would be less inclined to do so out of respect of these older folks.

So in practice , it s a domino effect. Older crowd are like mummies, younger kids don't want to piss them off, hence, low energy crowd, making the band play caput because they feed off the caput crowd.

Then the stage ... Stupid stage.

Then the pkay back tapes..... They look very silly making pekoe think then with 4 guys they could re produce all that sounds

Then the click track....... You would think after 20 years of playing that would be tighter playing live without click track .

Matt voice is a one trick pony

Matt lack of showmanship

Chris not having the balls to tell Matt he wanna sing

Just cos you are a fan doesn't mean you have to like everything that they throw at you.

Being a fan means also being able to criticize poor choices and decisions.

It s like in sports .... You could love your team, but if the coach puts out the wrong line up.... You boo and criticize ....

Same for muse and the show they put out Friday and Saturday.

These shows were caput..... Caput crowd, caput setlist , caput stage , caput playback tapes caput everything .

The previous 2 tours were much much better than this stupid drones

Just cos you are a fan doesn't mean you have to like everything that they throw at you.

I totally get that and I'm all for it, I may even agree with some of what you're saying, but your approach in expressing yourself could use some work. At this point, you're just repeating yourself and annoying everyone-- even those that may agree with you.

I totally get that and I'm all for it, I may even agree with some of what you're saying, but your approach in expressing yourself could use some work. At this point, you're just repeating yourself and annoying everyone-- even those that may agree with you.

As trump would say.... No need to be politically correct.... If we wanna get things done , we can't be lolly gagging and be politically correct

Saturday was bad not only because of the setlist ....

But Also the crowd, I was surprised to see so many people over 40 at a muse concert . Since when they have an older following? Or are these over 4O fans been a fan since 1999??!!

Of course when you have an older crowd , you will have people sitting down.... And people who would want to stand up and make a fuss , would be less inclined to do so out of respect of these older folks.

So in practice , it s a domino effect. Older crowd are like mummies, younger kids don't want to piss them off, hence, low energy crowd, making the band play caput because they feed off the caput crowd.

My mom is 56 and she was more lively at the gigs than some teenagers that were messing with their phones the whole time (and I don't mean filming, I mean not paying attention at all to the concert).

Age has nothing to do with it, and posting the same thing in all the threads doesn't make it any more true.

Back to the gig...are we counting the Vuilstamen riff as a rarity? I thought it was new, and then found out the band were playing it as early as the OoS era. :chuckle: Sounded great to me either way!

Bingo.

Also, ferrante9, if you're parroting Donald Trump, that tells me everything I need to know about the soundness of your opinions. But, like Trump, you ARE quite entertaining (in the wrong ways), I'll give you that.

Back to the gig...are we counting the Vuilstamen riff as a rarity? I thought it was new, and then found out the band were playing it as early as the OoS era. :chuckle: Sounded great to me either way!

I don't count riffs as rarities. Haha. But they've been playing it again this tour and on the festivals. First time I've heard it too, and I liked it! Loved that they then went Back in Black afterward. That's honestly probably one of my favorite riffs. Just a guilty pleasure.

Those are gorgeous! :happy: I'll have to check mine and see if they're any good. Also, my mom knew I'd be too busy moving around to stay still and film, so she filmed for me. :D If the videos are ok I'll upload some; we were in section 101 on night 2, so dead center.

Thanks! Oooh, I hope she recorded The Globalist and The Handler! :happy:

Awesome shots, Jessica Sarah!

Aguante, I hope there's a nice clear recording of The Globalist too! I need that to edit together a fictitious fantasy setlist for the Drones tour! I've good high quality bootlegs of all the other songs I'd use except that. Well, and also live Chorus Of Matts Drones. :LOL:

Also, you have a cool mom!

This is probably a good time to remind everyone that there is an ignore feature here. You can customize it by going to User CP > Settings and Options > Edit Options. Then add the username you'd like to block (e.g., "ferrante9") into the field and hit ok. It's a nice little feature!

OMG... Thank you for this... maybe if we all do it he'll go away. I don't mind having a discussion about a band's work. I don't like everything all my favorites put out but the ignorance in this person is just astounding. Can you say ageism? Ignorant people... one of my biggest pet peeves.

No.... Have we lost our mind ?????!!!

We have people being thrilled about hearing a riff??!!!!!!!

Instead of being upset about the Caput set list , we are hearing getting excited over couple bars of a riff??!!!!!!!!!!'??

No wonder Matt and company don't wanna play different songs , cos they know they could get away with it by playing couple riffs and that s it

My mom is 56 and she was more lively at the gigs than some teenagers that were messing with their phones the whole time (and I don't mean filming, I mean not paying attention at all to the concert).

Age has nothing to do with it, and posting the same thing in all the threads doesn't make it any more true.

Just cos your mom was into it and very passionate , she doesn't represent the vast majority of the over 50 fans.

I saw the whole premier section , which was composed by at least 70 % of people over 40.... And they sat down the entire show and left after Uprising .

The bad feeds off the energy for the crowd , all bands do, not just muse . So , all I am saying is that if they were flat this weekend, partly it was because of the crowd .

He speaks with authority over things for which he has zero proof. He makes blanket statements as though they're fact. He has somehow taken a scientific census of the crowds. He thinks Chris singing lead is a good thing. He things Rage sucks. He keeps talking about hearing the click track--which is only in the band members' ears. He's got the randomly discriminatory facet to his posts.

This is truly admirable trolling.