Thanks Adam! Yea, I'm from Aberdeen too, haha!

I've been using google maps and it gives you like 8 or so options

that it thinks is the best, was just opening it up to actually humans for suggestions

since, well, humans sometimes have the common sense and inside knowledge that google doesn't ! Yea, I'd just fly to the East Midlands airport but it's like 3 times the tickets price! So bus is longest journey but definitely most cost effective, I've been thinking best bet, is bus to Manchester and then bus from there to derby or Nottingham?

If I go (I'm going from Manchester) the best way is coach to Nottingham than there's a sky link bus from there to the festival site, returning I'm getting the sky link bus to Leicester and then the coach back to manchester getting home at 7am, woooo

Ordered the deluxe via muse store. it could arrive Saturday. So there is a decent chance of an early arrival. But will see. Not sure it ships from within the UK or Europe somewhere.

I'd imagine they have a warehouse inside the UK somewhere, on the amazon front, due to the tax break scandal, they have moved there UK orders to within the country too now...So chance of an earlier shipment also!

If I go (I'm going from Manchester) the best way is coach to Nottingham than there's a sky link bus from there to the festival site, returning I'm getting the sky link bus to Leicester and then the coach back to manchester getting home at 7am, woooo

Are you just doing the Sat for Muse or whole festival? What's the best plan, come down for Friday to get best possible spot for Saturday, i.e near the front, or leave really early on Saturday? Thoughts?

Revolt is such a weird song, but the more I hear it, the more I like it. Damn.

The album as a whole has a great flow btw!

Just going all the way through again now, up to "Globalist" and it's really a great ALBUM!

How many great albums are there these days? Some great singles and all but people making actually albums with a coherent theme are so rare these days!

Well done to Muse for putting in some effort!

Am I the only one waiting to listen on release day?!

despite the fact that my deluxe edition order has already arrived in my city (per the tracking) and will be delivered to me by 10:30 a.m. tomorrow morning, i will be waiting to listen to the entire album once i receive the official FLAC files from warner next tuesday. heh, what's a few more days...

i do not trust any FLAC version that has already leaked or may otherwise appear on the interwebs over the next 96 hrs.

EDIT: i wish they would have included FLAC files on a USB stick a lá the TR box set; damn poopy costs of production...

Edited by frutiger75

Day late, but wanted to discuss. :phu:

You're looking into it too much. Musicians obviously have no obligation to take their producer's advice, it's their damn music first and foremost. Everything obviously comes from Matt's own head.

I edited my post because I didn't word it right. But someone up there just said that Matt said in an interview today that Mutt told him to make it more simple to understand. Don't think Matt would have mentioned that in an interview if he didn't actual use that advice.

There's an old interview, long before we'd heard more than a couple of songs, where Matt says the same exact thing.

About how Mutt sat him down and told him to work on his lyrics being more simple and literal, so people would understand this concept that was important to him, and Matt saying that he often gets "lost in the woods" with his lyrics, and took Mutt's advice. I think we just ignored it, and the lyrics so far (at least Dead Inside) were quite good.

I felt kind of down hearing it again, because it sort of feels like Mutt saying the world isn't smart enough to figure things out that aren't as blunt as a fist to the face.

The worst thing about the lyrics and the whole concept album is that basically Matt has no idea what he's talking about.

Sorry Matt, but you can't write about drones and war sitting in your mansion.

Boohoo if that offends anyone, but seriously, the lyrics suck because he is just not deeply connected with them. It's never gonna work.

I was hoping it wouldn't be all up in your face about war. The more subtle songs I can listen to but I can't stand someone whining about war when they've never been in anything like it. It's a heavy subject, that's all.

If you were talking about, say, Unnatural Selection, I'd be all for it. I don't believe Matt relates to the struggles of the "common man" when it comes to money, work, social status. AT ALL. And it angered me. Pandering, I've called it.

However, war and the state of society/economics, why WOULDN'T that impact him?

He's said in interviews and song FOR MORE THAN A DECADE how afraid he is of war, the end of the world, the collapse of society, technology ruining humanity, etc. Hell, it's become somewhat of a joke for people, unfortunately. (Look at all the interviewers who call him "dark" or "negative" to his face. And he's become known as a tin foil hat sort of guy, although this subject really isn't such...)

Why would we not believe this is something he is really, truly afraid of?

This is a guy who apparently filled his pantry with bottled water, cans of beans, and an axe when the war started.

He's expressed extreme apprehension of the kind of world that his son will live in.

He said the secondary narrative or at least the inspiration for it, was his feeling alone and alone with these types of beliefs.

Shit, Newborn is about his fear that technology will alter or destroy human nature.

I'm completely understanding if people don't think the concept came across well, or that it was too literal, whatever. I have no idea if I would "get" it if I hadn't been dedicatedly reading the interviews and articles Matt Tweeted.

But saying he doesn't know what he's talking about in this case is just trying to find justification for what you see as a "bad" album, or a concept you personally don't like.

Maybe you should watch one of those interviews; because the man really does express himself well on the topic.

Edited by SerpentSatellite