That's why I said it, getting him in would result in every fucker on the Internet making jokes for eternity, already lazy music critics would have a field day and it would make them generally a laughing stock to a lot of people

Unless of course it's actually good.

Oh yeah if it was a good album i'ld be ecstatic especially after this and T2L just people would be insufferable. But either way I don't know/care enough about producing etc to have a proper opinion. But I know they can make a good album without a producer anyway so I don't care as long as they make an album with good lyrics and turn back into a rock band

Personally, I'd deal with the Radiohead ripoff accusations and have another Absolution/OOS quality album.

I'd give anything for that I guess im just pessimistic about whether that's possible. Also the next album is so far away from my pov it doesn't even seem like it'll ever come out

What happened to the bass solo? :(

It was probably in The Globalist and cut, since there was a part in the Making Of where Dom referred to the "ascension" part of the song where Chris was playing an intricate bassline and that was also not included in the final cut of the song.

PiY, to be fair, it was the early Twitter teases that said TG was a "sequel" to CE. (And it did a good job driving hype, too...)

When Matt later explained it, he said it was an experiment to see if he could write with that style/mindset again; it was influenced by that writing style or tone, and eventually influenced the entire album.

And I can honestly see a thematic CE influence to the entire concept of this record. Um, pretty strongly...

It was probably in The Globalist and cut, since there was a part in the Making Of where Dom referred to the "ascension" part of the song where Chris was playing an intricate bassline and that was also not included in the final cut of the song.

I know I mentioned that yesterday but relistening today I think that bass bit is going during the tremolo part. Just hard to hear because the epicness of Matt and Dom's drums dominate everything.

Gimme the extended cut of The Globalist and i'll say this:

"Drones" is even better than Origin of Symmetry"

Where do you peg Drones at right now in your album rankings?

I know I mentioned that yesterday but relistening today I think that bass bit is going during the tremolo part. Just hard to hear because the epicness of Matt and Dom's drums dominate everything.

I think you're using the word epicness interchangeably with poor mixing. That part gets very muddy, but the ending of that part makes sense to have a wall of sound, just not during the trem part.

Where do you peg Drones at right now in your album rankings?

I think you're using the word epicness interchangeably with poor mixing. That part gets very muddy, but the ending of that part makes sense to have a wall of sound, just not during the trem part.

It is supposed to be chaotic, its a soundtrack to nuclear war/the end of the world. There's a reason there are no lyrics at that part. The music speaks for itself.

But it is a bit muddy, I haven't heard it with good headphones yet but I'll take your word for it.

After getting over the initial shock of the last 4 songs not being at all what I'd expected I really really like this album. Not in a "YES NEW MUSE" way like it was with the 2nd Law or the Resistance, I've just kind of had it playing while doing other things and found myself wanting to listen to it more and more. The first half was mostly an immediate liking but the second half has really grown on me and listening to it in context (straight after The Globalist) I can now even appreciate the song Drones for what it is. Good work Muse, good work.

My opinion of this album keeps going up. I would put it at number 3 now, behind Origin and Absolution. Other than some of the cheese it's such a drastic improvement from The 2nd Law. Seems almost as huge as the change from Showbiz to OoS.

It's a larger change (IMO IMO IMO): Showbiz and Origin of Symmetry are both amazing, while most don't think The 2nd Law is that amazing. Therefore, the change from The 2nd Law to Drones is larger than the change between 2 awesome albums: Showbiz and Origin of Symmetry. ;)

OK I just bought the HD digital version of the album and I'm totally dissapointed, why even bother making this version if it has the same clipping as the normal version? what's the point? The 2nd Law HD version has actually better sound and 0 clipping, but this looks like they converted the mp3 files to flac :(

OK I just bought the HD digital version of the album and I'm totally dissapointed, why even bother making this version if it has the same clipping as the normal version? what's the point? The 2nd Law HD version has actually better sound and 0 clipping, but this looks like they converted the mp3 files to flac :(

Really?? :(