Releasing half the album beforehand is just stupid. Giving Reapers and The Handler really set unrealistic expectations for it, I really thought it was garbage for the first day. I like it quite a bit now. Honestly, every Muse album has a few misfires so I can forgive Revolt and Aftermath.

Releasing half the album beforehand is just stupid. Giving Reapers and The Handler really set unrealistic expectations for it, I really thought it was garbage for the first day. I like it quite a bit now. Honestly, every Muse album has a few misfires so I can forgive Revolt and Aftermath.

I'm stunned how much Revolt has grown on me. First listen worse than NSC but now it's a decent 7/10

Honestly, I'm enjoying this a lot at the moment. Musically BH&R might still have the edge, but I'm a sucker for flowing albums and this albums flows the best since Absolution.

And the run from Dead Inside up to Defector is the most consistent since OoS for me at the moment.

Shit, that interview they just did with Jo Whiley, talking about Download being a very special set, "We have 6 albums of heavy tracks to choose from for the metallers" I suspect this will be a one off set we won't do for a while again....

So who's actually going to Download? I'm so close to tipping point....Can you buy a Saturday ticket with one night of camping only? I know you can do single day but with camping too? If not, anyone of good places to stay nearby? Needing to find the best way to get there from Scotland too! AHHH

Can't get a ticket with one day camping. Best bet will be to try and get a hotel or B&B overnight however I'd think most are sold out by now.

I'm coming from the other end of the country so can't help with transport suggestions, but I've seen a few people from Aberdeen going by public transport iirc so there should be a way. It's literally right next to East Midlands airport too so there's very good bus routes that run every hour, too. Google Maps worked wonders for me

just seen Muse referred to as "the Mercy band" by the music times, shame for their album to be summed up by one of the weakest songs. Don't get me wrong, I really like it but when you've got songs like Handler, Globalist, Reapers et al it's a shame for your legacy to be summed up by Mercy

Alas, twas ever thus. :noey:

I've seen them dubbed as "the Madness band" too many times for my liking as well

A few months ago, I saw on the BBC website a phrase saying something like "Later in the year, Muse will be bringing the lolz with their new album"...on the BBC...I wish I were kidding. :facepalm: