This has probably already been posted by many, but the "the greatest hunter will ssuurrviiiiiiiiive alooooooone" line is bloody amazing.

Ed. Its probably my favourite vocal on the album. So forlorn.

how are you finding the album so far? I seem to remember you were disappointed at first? but yeah there's some exquisite vocals on this album

how are you finding the album so far? I seem to remember you were disappointed at first? but yeah there's some exquisite vocals on this album

I think some lyrics are not great at all but the way he delivers is great as ever

A few months ago, I saw on the BBC website a phrase saying something like "Later in the year, Muse will be bringing the lolz with their new album"...on the BBC...I wish I were kidding. :facepalm:

Just listened to the title track. What the fuck? :LOL:

Well, taking the latter post into consideration, aren't they totally right though? :LOL:

I think some lyrics are not great at all but the way he delivers is great as ever

The lyrics almost don't matter with this album which is ironic considering it's a concept album. To be fair though, I feel like the way he sings and the instrumentation carries the concept way more than the actual lyrics. For example, Revolt is incredibly uplifting imo whereas the entire sound of the Handler is dark

The lyrics almost don't matter with this album which is ironic considering it's a concept album. To be fair though, I feel like the way he sings and the instrumentation carries the concept way more than the actual lyrics. For example, Revolt is incredibly uplifting imo whereas the entire sound of the Handler is dark

Totally agree on this one

skip Revolt lmao

Haven't got that far yet, haha! Enjoyed my second listen to The Handler, but disappointed my Defector - had high hopes for that one.

Now to see what follows. :chuckle:

I just wish we'd moved on from the whole Queen thing to be honest. T2L was more or less free of it thankfully.

Having accidentally listened to Drones first, Revolt isn't really that bad. I've heard a lot worse from Muse, haha! :LOL:

I just wish we'd moved on from the whole Queen thing to be honest. T2L was more or less free of it thankfully.

Having accidentally listened to Drones first, Revolt isn't really that bad. I've heard a lot worse from Muse, haha! :LOL:

I'm finding the Queen thing very exhausted now, surely they'll drop it soon

I'm probably a bit unfair on it and it is growing on me but to me it sounds like a campier version of the Killers mixed with gospel and it just doesnt work on the same album as The Handler and Reapers :LOL:

Yep, we were given the 5th as the release date from the start. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but I'm not complaining :chuckle:

Releases in Australia are usually on Fridays, right? UK almost mondays and USA are Tuesdays, that's how it goes and how leaks come early!

Who did you order with, on here or Amazon? Do you think you'll maybe get it on Saturday? I'd say 30% chance :)

Ordered the deluxe via muse store. it could arrive Saturday. So there is a decent chance of an early arrival. But will see. Not sure it ships from within the UK or Europe somewhere.

Can't get a ticket with one day camping. Best bet will be to try and get a hotel or B&B overnight however I'd think most are sold out by now.

I'm coming from the other end of the country so can't help with transport suggestions, but I've seen a few people from Aberdeen going by public transport iirc so there should be a way. It's literally right next to East Midlands airport too so there's very good bus routes that run every hour, too. Google Maps worked wonders for me

Thanks Adam! Yea, I'm from Aberdeen too, haha!

I've been using google maps and it gives you like 8 or so options

that it thinks are the best, was just opening it up to actually humans for suggestions

since, well, humans sometimes have the common sense and inside knowledge that google doesn't ! Yea, I'd just fly to the East Midlands airport but it's like 3 times the tickets price! So bus is longest journey but definitely most cost effective, I've been thinking best bet, is bus to Manchester and then bus from there to derby or Nottingham?

Edited by colonizedmind