Wow people are getting a bit delusional here :LOL:, the "shitty" quality is exactly what we are going to get on the album, the only way we can get anything better is the HD digital download (which I hope they don't fuck up, they did a good job with it on T2L)

Wow people are getting a bit delusional here :LOL:, the "shitty" quality is exactly what we are going to get on the album, the only way we can get anything better is the HD digital download (which I hope they don't fuck up, they did a good job with it on T2L)

The rip sounds different to the official versions on YT and Spotify I've heard and there's glaring clipping issues in quite a few songs.

The rip sounds different to the official versions on YT and Spotify I've heard and there's glaring clipping issues in quite a few songs.

Except the clipping is everywhere on all the released songs, just open any song on an audio-edit program and you will see

Today I listened alot to whole album and got to say it really grown on me. The Handler is still number one, but Aftermath and The Globalist sounds really cool after few listens. Even Revolt is enjoyable in it's own way, it's not like I'm going to skip this track every time.

Drones is still odd to me, but I doesn't decrease my opinion about whole album.

Right now for me it's

1. OOS

2. Abs

3.Drones=BHAR

4.TR=T2L

5.Showbiz

It's actually transcoded from a 128 rip. Open it in Audacity. It's bad quality. Take an iTunes 320 and compare versions of The Handler.

Transcoding adds clipping and compresses dynamics, that's why the cymbals sound tinny.

Except the clipping is everywhere on all the released songs, just open any song on an audio-edit program and you will see

Well that happens, "volume wars" ect. but I'm talking severe clipping.

Not even Death Magnetic clipped as bad as some parts of this leak. :LOL:

The leak sounds the same as the official mp3s from Warner (which also clip everywhere). However Apple don't label something as Mastered For iTunes if it clips too much. So iTunes (and probably spotify) get a different mix which clips a lot less

The leak sounds the same as the official mp3s from Warner (which also clip everywhere). However Apple don't label something as Mastered For iTunes if it clips too much. So iTunes (and probably spotify) get a different mix which clips a lot less

Tell that to the waveform.

So which song sounds like Survival? Defector?

Apparently the boyfriend took the leaked songs off his computer this morning and listened to the album at work without me.

Just got a phone call telling me how much I was going to HATE one of the songs, and it sounds like Survival, and I better listen to this album before we are back together tomorrow night, because he's going to be singing it. :chuckle:

Defector or Revolt...?

Apparently the boyfriend took the leaked songs off his computer this morning and listened to the album at work without me.

Just got a phone call telling me how much I was going to HATE one of the songs, and it sounds like Survival, and I better listen to this album before we are back together tomorrow night, because he's going to be singing it. :chuckle:

Defector or Revolt...?

defector

There's no different mixes. You're telling me Costey or Apple put the extra effort to mix it slightly different? All Mastered for iTunes means is they equalized it. You don't know what you're talking about.

oh my god. I think the leak I had was wrong quality or something. The guitars and Queen vocals in that video are much quieter, I can actually hear the melodies now ahaha :$

Anything other than the FLAC files you'll have heard are SHIT leaks!

I heard one where the whistling was sooo bad, on FLAC files, sounds so EPIC!

Defector or Revolt...?

Defector, but I don't think it sounds like Survival, just Queen in general

This album is weird. First half is fairly solid, some decent songs but let down by a few slightly annoying things. However the second half is just plain bizarre. And I'm not sure how well some of the songs are going to translate into fan favorites when played live.

Muse need to go back to writing songs on the road and recording on the fly whenever they've got a day or two to kill in a foreign city imo. I believe a lot of BH&R was written like that and some of the songs had origins that went back way further than others (although they then did get stuck in a rut trying to produce it themselves and spent way too long in the recording studio...) Oh and they should write and record more B-sides as well, if only as a way to satisfy some of their experimental urges without having to put them on an album.

Defector, but I don't think it sounds like Survival, just Queen in general

I'm pretty sure my boyfriend doesn't know what Queen sounds like.

He hadn't heard anything by U2 until last night, either. Didn't believe Big Freeze sounded like them, put on the first U2 song that popped up on a search, and is now a believer. :chuckle:

This album is weird. First half is fairly solid, some decent songs but let down by a few slightly annoying things. However the second half is just plain bizarre. And I'm not sure how well some of the songs are going to translate into fan favorites when played live.

Muse need to go back to writing songs on the road and recording on the fly whenever they've got a day or two to kill in a foreign city imo. I believe a lot of BH&R was written like that and some of the songs had origins that went back way further than others (although they then did get stuck in a rut trying to produce it themselves and spent way too long in the recording studio...) Oh and they should write and record more B-sides as well, if only as a way to satisfy some of their experimental urges without having to put them on an album.

I do think they might benefit from writing a bit more but having said that most of this album is superb imo so haven't got too many complaints

It's very typical....all the hype, self made expectations...are never gonna match what we get to hear, cause guess what? We aren't Muse! It's not us making the album tailored to what we want!

So once that went out the window a few hours down the line, most are seeing that it's actually a solid piece of work! A decent concept album with some "hellfire" songs to put!

Also, it's not as described and while we all seem to prefer Muse blazing on the riffs, as an EPIC - The Globalist is just that! An incredible piece of work on the music....A sprawling juggernaut of a song! Just NOT what we went in expecting, that's all!

Edited by colonizedmind

It's very typical....all the hype, self made expectations...are never gonna match what we get to hear, cause guess what? We aren't Muse! It's not us making the album tailored to what we want!

So once that went out the window a few hours down the line, most are seeing that it's actually a solid piece of work! A decent concept album with some "hellfire" songs to put!

Also, it's not as described and while we all seem to prefer Muse blazing on the riffs, as an EPIC - The Globalist is just that! An incredible piece of work on that on....A sprawling juggernaut of a song! Just NOT what we went in expecting, that's all!

I think you're a day late with this but yeah I agree with what you're saying