I can hear much more bass on this version, beforehand it was hidden by the overloud guitar, it was genuinely giving me a headache. This is much better

Also the voice harmonies seem more controled. But the lack of bass is all around the album in general, so it doesn't surprise me. Shame though, Chris work is superb in this album

I can hear much more bass on this version, beforehand it was hidden by the overloud guitar, it was genuinely giving me a headache. This is much better

Yeah, the guitar seemed to be overpowering a lot in the mix on multiple songs for me....

Also, the album would necessarily be the highlights of the story, because no one wants musical representations of the non-impactful parts of the story...

:

I guess I have a different opinion on what's considered non-impactful. I think the struggle is more important than getting there when you're telling a story.

Also the voice harmonies seem more controled. But the lack of bass is all around the album in general, so it doesn't surprise me. Shame though, Chris work is superb in this album

the harmonies are toned down (thank fuck), the bass is louder, and the guitars are slightly quieter. Makes a surprisingly huge difference. Now solidly enjoying this. 8/10

EDIT: I think the bass had been completely taken out beforehand, maybe done via itunes or something

the harmonies are toned down (thank fuck), the bass is louder, and the guitars are slightly quieter. Makes a surprisingly huge difference. Now solidly enjoying this. 8/10

Indeed. I think we are finnaly converted to the Defector faction. 7.5/10 for me

I guess I have a different opinion on what's considered non-impactful. I think the struggle is more important than getting there when you're telling a story.

I can understand that.

I know I'm not Matt, but in my case, the "struggle" part was me just whining a ton and sitting in the corner until I realized I needed to, like, stop being a baby.

No one wants to listen to that. :chuckle:

The leak is ripped horribly. Sounds transcoded. Thought that yesterday, when it made The Handler sound like trash.

My opinion on the album is that 3 songs on it are garbage. I'll buy it, I guess.

It is indeed, I have to play it with bass boosting and high reducing, otherwise it sound pure shit at >80% of the volume.