BHaR - 10

Abso - 9

OoS - 8.5

Drones - 8

10 for BHAR? wow, interesting

I still remember when you hated Dead Inside :LOL::LOL:

Didn't we all hate DI? At least for the first listen ;)

My joint-second :p

I give OoS 10 and Abso (and Drones and Showbiz) 9

ahaha fantastic. Glad to see OoS has got a 10 and surprised about Showbiz. It is a bloody marvellous album though, fuck the haters

I still remember when you hated Dead Inside :LOL::LOL:

Oh, I did but the thing that really turned me around on that was how well it worked with Psycho IMO. The progression of the concept in particular. I thought it was really interesting and elevated both it and Psycho.

TBH more often than not I hate Muse songs on first listen :LOL:

Happened with New Born, Dead Inside, Madness etc.

Stuff like Revolt & Handler I never 'hated' just didn't really 'get' them at first. happy to say I like them now though :)

it's undoubtedly got some great songs on it. I've always been smitten with Exo-Politics personally

BH&R loses at least two points for me just for Exo-Politics :LOL:.

Genuinely among my very least favourite Muse songs.

I find this album flows really well, not just the narrative but also musically each song naturally goes into the next (except revolt kinda comes out of nowhere). The stretch from Mercy to Defector is the best track order since the closing trio of BHaR. Also there's soem real nice unity to the album (beyond the word drones being there like 20 times) but it actually sounds like he's telling a story and belong to the same album, big step from T2L.

BH&R loses at least two points for me just for Exo-Politics :LOL:.

Genuinely among my very least favourite Muse songs.

:noey: I've got a strong feeling that's the case with most fans tbh. I also love TOADA so I'm well up there with the rest of the traitors. But having said that, fuck Guiding Light, IBTY, Save Me and Explorers ;)

Dare I say, now that I've relistend to Drones a few times, that I enjoyed T2L a lot better.... :stunned: Something about this album is just not clicking with me :noey:

I think 2nd Law was a bit easier to like straight away, but didn't stand the test of time (imo). I think this album is a bit more difficult to like but will be a grower

I think 2nd Law was a bit easier to like straight away, but didn't stand the test of time (imo). I think this album is a bit more difficult to like but will be a grower

Yeah, it did kind of fade after a few months, but I can still occasionally go back and listen to every song, except maybe Save Me and Liquid State. But even Survival which is a total cheese-fest makes a great running song :p I can't say the same about Revolt, which is cheesy without purpose (I'm mostly talking about the "YOU MUST GROOW" part, if I could get over that maybe I'll like it but as of now NOPE) :rolleyes:

After listening to the album again a couple of times, the vocals on Defector stopped annoying me as much, although I still don't particularly like them. Aftermath got a lot worse, I kind of never want to listen to it again. Same with Revolt, now I'm over the shock, it's just kind of shitty. And that's coming from someone who absolutely loves Big Freeze. I really don't mind the poppy songs, but Revolt is just not my thing I guess.