428 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Revolt?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No. It's so Revolting!

I'm dying to hear it live :awesome:

Same here, not even kidding :D

Should be good fun :yesey:

As much as I'm kinda meh on Defector, I think that'll be quite decent as well. I just hope they only play Aftermath sparingly, if at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I want this as a single so I can see some more lyric videos. Every lyric video so far has really impressed me and we still haven another four songs. I hope we get to see them. They seemed to have released a chunk of lyric videos around Mercy's release, so I'm hoping the same is done with Revolt.

I find it rather silly that Muse would release this song as a single when the community poll currently suggests that only 42% ~ of people actually strongly enjoy it.

That's a poll on the Muse forum though, consisting of (mostly) hardcore fans. If there was a poll of enjoyment for CE on here it'd do ridiculously well, but that'd probably flop hard as a single.

Singles are generally put out with the purpose of appealing to more mainstream audiences.

honestly I don't even know what a single is anymore... no physical copies anymore, so what's the point really? so that people can download it seperately? why if they already have the whole album? so that it gets a video? people don't watch music videos anymore.. so that it gets radio play? it was already on bbc's playlist before it was released as a single

The point is to focus on promoting one song to try and garner new fans. They don't give a shit about current fans with singles.

They care about getting NEW fans to buy the songs/albums and go to the shows.

Not every place is the UK, or France, where Muse is typically a household name. And even there, there's always new people to try and reach.

That's exactly why they don't release a fan favorite like Reapers and instead go for more accessible stuff; why should a fan care what's a single and what isn't, really?

Music is a business, and you need to try and promote your shit. Not confusing, really.

And people apparently do watch a lot of videos on YT, still.

:facepalm:

I thought the idea was we were going to get something visual for the entire album, or at least that's how it seemed when we got the splurge in the week before release.

Maybe that's still the plan. Can't be any worse than the actual fecking song is, right?

One or two lines in the chorus lyrics are awful, but it's otherwise a pretty damn good song. :phu:

There's lyric videos shot for every song except Globalist/Drones; they just stopped putting them out and waited for the Revolt drop, apparently. There'd be no sense in shooting the other two and never releasing them.

I would bet on a lyric video for Revolt when the single is official, with this actual video released after, like with the other two singles.

We're clearly not in touch with the radio listeners anymore, at least when it comes to Muse.

When I first heard Madness, I couldn't believe anyone would sit and listen to that entire boring-ass song, and what a drag it was going to be on radio... and BOOM! crazy insane hit in the US.

I'm sure Revolt will flop like the rest of Muse's follow up singles of late... but there is always that SLIGHT chance the catchy nature and sappy positive message will have it being played alongside Ariana Grande on mainstream radio. :LOL:

:LOL:

The thing I do not understand about this band is that all the ones that are 'fan favourites' and 'singles that will sell well' are so completely different.

that sounded better in my head, how do i english again

:LOL: I get what you mean. I think Reapers would have been a great single.