Do you like Revolt?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Revolt?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No. It's so Revolting!

From experience, the fan favourite rarities are the tracks that my mates (non-muse fans) seem to like as well. The stuff they've made to try and appeal to more mainstream audiences are the ones they take the piss out of the band for.

I don't know if that matches anyone else's experiences though...

From experience, the fan favourite rarities are the tracks that my mates (non-muse fans) seem to like as well. The stuff they've made to try and appeal to more mainstream audiences are the ones they take the piss out of the band for.

Nah, I don't get that.

The friends of mine that have heard of them/like them only really like Starlight, PIB, Hysteria, TIRO, Knights etc. Whenever I've mentioned Take A Bow or Assassin being my favourite songs, they've taken the piss. They like Map though.

Nah, I don't get that.

The friends of mine that have heard of them/like them only really like Starlight, PIB, Hysteria, TIRO, Knights etc. Whenever I've mentioned Take A Bow or Assassin being my favourite songs, they've taken the piss. They like Map though.

Yeah, I agree. I've tried to show people Citizen Erased before and people don't like it because it's "weird". I can see why they'd think that. Origin of Symmetry has this strange theme; like it was made by a madman.

Yeah, I usually get the opposite. Not that I come across a lot of people who are even aware of Muse, but they like the stuff they hear on the radio like Starlight and Madness, which are still played around here frequently, a great deal.

Everyone likes Map :)

My boyfriend actually doesn't, and he considers himself more than a casual fan.

He's also not that fond of most of OoS, with TR and Drones being his favs by a wide margin.

The point is to focus on promoting one song to try and garner new fans. They don't give a shit about current fans with singles.

They care about getting NEW fans to buy the songs/albums and go to the shows.

Not every place is the UK, or France, where Muse is typically a household name. And even there, there's always new people to try and reach.

That's exactly why they don't release a fan favorite like Reapers and instead go for more accessible stuff; why should a fan care what's a single and what isn't, really?

Music is a business, and you need to try and promote your shit. Not confusing, really.

And people apparently do watch a lot of videos on YT, still.

Totally agree, for me I don't care about singles, music videos (i dont usually watch them) etc

I don't understand Musers who get upset over choosing disliked songs, why does it matter? U already got the whole album and you knew the good songs

I'm upset because a song like Revolt is the sort of thing that would push people away from Muse. People love AC/DC sounding songs like Reapers and it's popular to hate One Direction sounding songs like Revolt. Reapers is more commercial.

I'm upset because a song like Revolt is the sort of thing that would push people away from Muse. People love AC/DC sounding songs like Reapers and it's popular to hate One Direction sounding songs like Revolt. Reapers is more commercial.

Revolt isn't gonna push people away from Muse anymore than songs like Follow Me or Unsustainable, so there isn't really anything to be upset or worried about in that regard.

I don't really know what you mean when you say 'people' love standard rock music (ignoring the fact that the only parts of Reapers that particularly sound like AC/DC are the pre-chorus and bits of the solo). Yeah, some people do but...so? A hell of a lot of people also like pop music, hence why groups like 1D are so huge and have such a rabid fanbase. Not that I think Revolt really sounds anything like 1D anyway.

I don't mean to sound arsey, I just don't really see your point.

Edited by Jobby

You always seem to judge what 'people' like based on the people you know. You just have to look at sales to see 1D is more popular the Muse and there's nothing wrong with that.

Muse singles never seem to do that well anymore anyway. They could release Drones and it'd do as well Revolt.

You always seem to judge what 'people' like based on the people you know. You just have to look at sales to see 1D is more popular the Muse and there's nothing wrong with that.

Muse singles never seem to do that well anymore anyway. They could release Drones and it'd do as well Revolt.

No, it's based on everything I've seen, including the opinions of everyone on the Internet. The only people who seem to like One Direction are preteens, everyone else mocks the them. Dead Inside fits more into today's popular music, Revolt is something that would have been popular five years ago. This sort of music doesn't get popular anymore. Have you heard the songs played on the radio? A song like Revolt wouldn't make it today.

No, it's based on everything I've seen, including the opinions of everyone on the Internet. The only people who seem to like One Direction are preteens, everyone else mocks the them. Dead Inside fits more into today's popular music, Revolt is something that would have been popular five years ago. This sort of music doesn't get popular anymore. Have you heard the songs played on the radio? A song like Revolt wouldn't make it today.

'The opinions of everyone on the internet' - you're not serious, are you?

I can confirm that pre-teens are certainly not the only people who like One Direction and that not everyone else mocks them. The majority of the people who do are most likely doing so out of some false sense of pretentious 'purity'/elitism anyway. Even if that were the case though, why would that mean Revolt wouldn't do well? There's plenty of pre-teens in the world who buy that kind of music.

If Revolt doesn't sell well, so what? Plenty of Muse singles don't do well. It's not the end of the world.

'The opinions of everyone on the internet' - you're not serious, are you?

I can confirm that pre-teens are certainly not the only people who like One Direction and that not everyone else mocks them. The majority of the people who do are most likely doing so out of some false sense of pretentious 'purity'/elitism anyway. Even if that were the case though, why would that mean Revolt wouldn't do well? There's plenty of pre-teens in the world who buy that kind of music.

If Revolt doesn't sell well, so what? Plenty of Muse singles don't do well. It's not the end of the world.

I don't know why you're getting at me for it. I like One Direction and Revolt, but neither are popular in today's society. It's been years since they were popular. Most popular songs now have a 50s vibe or sound a little like Dead Inside. And I find it upset because Reapers would be more popular than Revolt. By a long shot. I'd say Dead Inside and Reapers are the only commercial song on Drones.

I don't know why you're getting at me for it. I like One Direction and Revolt, but neither are popular in today's society. It's been years since they were popular. Most popular songs now have a 50s vibe or sound a little like Dead Inside. And I find it upset because Reapers would be more popular than Revolt. By a long shot. I'd say Dead Inside and Reapers are the only commercial song on Drones.

I wouldn't say One Direction is not popular

:LOL:

Are we really comparing Muse or more specifically Revolt, with One Direction?

I mean it doesn't even sound like 1D. When have they wrote a song about fighting back against drones- never. Is it just because it's catchy and pop, people go oh "this sounds like 1D (or other pop boy band here) therefore it's shit" . I understand everyone has their own tastes and therefore their own opinions but I hate it when people try state it as a fact and therefore they are better then you for being "right". Sure I like it but I don't expect everyone to like it (I can see why people don't) but I'm not going to try prove that everyone is wrong for not liking it. Ultimately, the one way we are going to see what other people think about it is how it sells.

Edited by simplytom

The charts really don't support the idea of 1D being more mocked than popular...

Or of an ACDC type song being more well liked.

At all.

You could also just read the IG comments on the Revolt pics to see that "our" impression isn't even the majority one.

Whether or not Revolt does well, a single is a springboard for promotion, which they desperately need right now for when they release tour dates.

Is there even a US show anymore they could play on...? I'm pretty sure the SNL ship sailed decades ago.