Do you like Revolt?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Revolt?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No. It's so Revolting!

I get the feeling that some people seem to think that heavy=good. I'm personally not that disappointed about what I've heard about this song but I do believe it has the potential to be spectacularly awful or brilliant, kind of hit or miss.

I get the feeling that some people seem to think that heavy=good. I'm personally not that disappointed about what I've heard about this song but I do believe it has the potential to be spectacularly awful or brilliant, kind of hit or miss.

The pop/catchy descriptions don't worry me, that part actually sounds quite encouraging.

The U2/With Or Without You comparisons remind me too much of Big Freeze to expect good things though.

Linkin Park's last album was heavy and it's dreadful and lacks most of what made them popular in the first place.

I guess people wanted an Abso/OOS style album, which weren't exactly heavy, they had heavy songs but crucially it was a style of the writing that made them solid albums. Less blatant Queen/U2 influences, more classical piano and bass-driven songs.

exactly what i feel about this song too now.

At first i was like this is definitely not going to be good. but after reading it again... i think it could be either a good/great song or it's going to be terrible.

With or Without you is a nice song. Big Freeze isn't like that song.. so don't think it's going to be Big Freeze kind of song.. but who knows anyway..

Linkin Park's last album was heavy and it's dreadful and lacks most of what made them popular in the first place.

I guess people wanted an Abso/OOS style album, which weren't exactly heavy, they had heavy songs but crucially it was a style of the writing that made them solid albums. Less blatant Queen/U2 influences, more classical piano and bass-driven songs.

We have bass driven songs.

I should really never trust Muse's word when they say they're going back to a particular sound, just makes me disappointed man

How many times are people going to repeat this incorrect statement? Also I wasn't aware you heard all the songs.

How many times are people going to repeat this incorrect statement? Also I wasn't aware you heard all the songs.

I think the statement was misinterpreted more than anything. When I heard CE pt 2 and the 030503 riff I got a little too hopeful that they weren't gonna release something disappointing..

The first half of the album is extremely disappointing, and from descriptions so far I'm gonna guess the rest of it is just as disappointing and/or forgettable

I thought about that right after I posted it. It is very likely. What's left The Handler, The Globalist, Defector which all sound promising? There's the 3 songs. and Drones? which is a complete secret...

On the track 'Drones'

World over, the final track is weirder still in its own understated way. Based on the choral music of Italian composer Giovanni Gabrieli, there are no instruments - simply Bellamy’s voice looped over and over into a choir-of-one. It’s a sad slow hymnal, in which Bellamy sings only these words: “My mother… my father my sister my brother my son my daughter… killed by drones. Can you feel anything? Are you dead inside? Now you can kill from the safety of your home with drones. Amen.”

SOURCE: http://www.nme.com/features/muse-interview-on-modern-warfare-the-conspiracies-that-drive-new-album-drones-and-matt-bellamys-nigh?recache=2&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=muse

I think the statement was misinterpreted more than anything. When I heard CE pt 2 and the 030503 riff I got a little too hopeful that they weren't gonna release something disappointing..

The first half of the album is extremely disappointing, and from descriptions so far I'm gonna guess the rest of it is just as disappointing and/or forgettable

But that's the thing. Descriptions simply don't do music justice. Sure, it can describe what style it's in, and tell you if it's loud, but it's no musical score, so you don't know what's actually going to be played and how.

Simply judging the rest of the album by descriptions is foolish, my friend.

Drones - the most forgettable album since T2L

I should really never trust Muse's word when they say they're going back to a particular sound, just makes me disappointed man

Agreed. Ever since I've read those descriptions I have since undo-deleted-retracted-pre-ordered my Drones copy. Come on Muse, Matt, Warner, whoever what are you doing!?

Where's OoS2!?!?!?!? WHERE IS IT!?!?!? I'm done with this poppy loppy bullCRAP

Am I right?

:LOL: :LOL:

Agreed. Ever since I've read those descriptions I have since undo-deleted-retracted-pre-ordered my Drones copy. Come on Muse, Matt, Warner, whoever what are you doing!?

Where's OoS2!?!?!?!? WHERE IS IT!?!?!? I'm done with this poppy loppy bullCRAP

Am I right?

:LOL: :LOL:

No, Muse can put out whatever music they want to.

This. Also the statement wasn't "misinterpreted" either, fans will hear what they want to hear and misconstrue whatever it is the band might say about something to satisfy their needs

• 2 weeks later...