This does reinforce the idea that US fans should travel out for shows. :noey:

Still such a ridiculous notion. I struggle to even justify supporting them with $80 for a chance to get a good gig any more, despite being able to afford it.

Maybe I'll end up in Toronto for the next tour. That way they'll definitely stop giving the city special treatment; the second I show up the chance for rarities immediately tanks.

Still such a ridiculous notion. I struggle to even justify supporting them with $80 for a chance to get a good gig any more, despite being able to afford it.

Maybe I'll end up in Toronto for the next tour. That way they'll definitely stop giving the city special treatment; the second I show up the chance for rarities immediately tanks.

I thought I would have been safe with LA. But no.

Better then Oakland?

:supersad: Oakland is the new Sacramento.

I hate this, bit yes I've always wanted to travel to Europe, and maybe a muse gig will be the reason.

Same. I might go for my birthday week in April.

Unless we're counting things different, that's like 3 more than Detroit got.

Still 17 from what I can tell, so only one more.

I don't really get all the hub-ub though, only real difference from recent sets tonight is CE in for Map (excluding whatever happened with the piano guff in Detroit), right? Unless I'm reading a different set to everyone else? :$

Map has been played exponentially more in the US than CE over the last 6 years, and most of the technology seemed to actually work today.

CE was last played in Toronto in 2004, while Map has appeared every time since release.

Edited by Samz2

Still 17 from what I can tell, so only one more.

I don't really get all the hub-ub though, only real difference from recent sets tonight is CE in for Map (excluding whatever happened with the piano guff in Detroit), right? Unless I'm reading a different set to everyone else? :$

It's because you don't like CE very much. :p CE + AP makes for a pretty strong setlist. Map is played here all the time.

That's the thing over here, Bliss and CE are considered equal on the rarity scale, but CE hasn't been played over here since Outside Lands 2011 one time, before that it was like 2004 during the Absolution Winter tour not including the soundcheck at LA Rising.

Map was played in Vegas/Los Angeles/Phoenix consistently last tour. I don't consider it a rarity at all.

I wish Matt would check setlist.fm before every gig and toss us the ones we haven't seen, because remember, this is the guy who thought they hadn't played Yes Please or Futurism or something since like 2003. Something really weird where you were just like "uh no that hasn't been played since before Showbiz"

He also thought Neutron Star Collision was a first play in the US last tour when it showed up in 2010 at Staples.

I wish Matt would check setlist.fm before every gig and toss us the ones we haven't seen, because remember, this is the guy who thought they hadn't played Yes Please or Futurism or something since like 2003. Something really weird where you were just like "uh no that hasn't been played since before Showbiz"

He also thought Neutron Star Collision was a first play in the US last tour when it showed up in 2010 at Staples.

:LOL: I'm sure he has more important things going on than to memorize specific setlist/song stats. I even forget which songs were played at shows I've attended over the years.

I guess I tend to value quality over rarity and I think Map for CE is a pretty reasonable tradeoff (putting aside my person indifference for CE), as Muse rotations go at least. Whatever floats people's goats though, if y'all would prefer the rarer song that much.

I mean, I love a good Muse moan as much as the next board member but idk, just seemed like a slightly bigger fuss than was warranted :chuckle: Obviously people in Detroit have reason to feel shafted for missing out on what would've presumably been AP though, especially since it'll probably return to the grave after this tour.

Eh, that's not really a big deal imo. If I was in a band, I probably wouldn't be bothered about remembering exactly what year I last played a certain song either. That's only something people like us know because we meticulously follow this stuff :chuckle:

Edited by Jobby

This gig definitely looks better in terms of lenght with both CE and TG. Considering that they are as long as two "normal" songs each, we end up with a 19-song setlist + Munich Jam + all the intros (Drones, IS, Prelude, MWaH).

I guess I tend to value quality over rarity and I think Map for CE is a pretty reasonable tradeoff (putting aside my person indifference for CE), as Muse rotations go at least. Whatever floats people's goats though, if y'all would prefer the rarer song that much.

I'm not about the rarer songs either. I just love CE way more than Map. CE is in my top 5 and Map is top 20.

:LOL: I'm sure he has more important things going on than to memorize specific setlist/song stats. I even forget which songs were played at shows I've attended over the years.

I know, but I mean it'd do some good when it comes to spicing things up for certain areas. I'm sure certain things are thrown in as a "thank you for coming to our shows" but doesn't remember it was played at the same venue last tour.

I'm thinking Map in Vegas was an example of that. It would take like thirty seconds.