It's definately this:

C|x---------------|
H|--x---x---x---x-|
S|----x-------x---|
B|x--xx--xx--xx--x|

ive studied this song for too long now trying to find out what he does - plus ive seen it live twice. lol :LOL:

Dunno why, I always assumed it was:

C|----------------|
H|x-o-x-o-x-o-x-o-|
S|----x-------x---|
B|x-xx--xxx-xx--xx|

but your way is a bit more interesting... I wish I had some drums here to try it out:(.

Dunno why, I always assumed it was:

C|----------------|
H|x-o-x-o-x-o-x-o-|
S|----x-------x---|
B|x-xx--xxx-xx--xx|

but your way is a bit more interesting... I wish I had some drums here to try it out:(.

Thats quite a funky way to do it :D - but im about 97% sure its the way I tabbed it. lol

Muserist, your sig makes it near impossible to read the board at uni without getting cast disapproving glances from the people around me.

can i 2nd that, im in college and the amount of guys who have stared at my screen is phenomanel

Akira Jimbo is actually awsome, Portnoy also rocks but i see Dream TheaTER as a bit TO pretentious

It's definately this:

C|x---------------|
H|--x---x---x---x-|
S|----x-------x---|
B|x--xx--xx--xx--x|

ive studied this song for too long now trying to find out what he does - plus ive seen it live twice. lol :LOL:

Yeah this is the general jist of it....not sure about the second bass drum beat with the snare though....maybe.

What Muserist said I think is nearly right although the galloping nature of the song means Muserists version would probably work if it was swung a bit.

As for the whole beat sounding busier than this with ghost notes etc I think its a bit of an illusion - Dom basically plays the relatively simple beat above but its this combined with Chris's bass and more importantly the Arpeggio synth backing throughout the whole song that makes it sound even more ferocious - ithe build up of layers creates tight fitting polyrhythms.

Dom also on occassion throws in an off beat tom/gong bass note (usually on with the last bass drum note of the bar) which adds a bit of depth..

Also are people suggesting Dom plays this song with the heel toe method??? I havnt mastered this method yet...and it would interesting to know for sure....

I can play KOC with foot flat on the pedal at the correct speed - Its not too difficult once you get the hang of it - although if your are not used to playing such it takes practice!! Im getting better at this song but a first it gave me chronic foot ache playing all three verse sections!!

Yeah this is the general jist of it....not sure about the second bass drum beat with the snare though....maybe.

It is ;)

As for the whole beat sounding busier than this with ghost notes etc I think its a bit of an illusion - Dom basically plays the relatively simple beat above but its this combined with Chris's bass and more importantly the Arpeggio synth backing throughout the whole song that makes it sound even more ferocious - ithe build up of layers creates tight fitting polyrhythms.
:yesey:

I can play KOC with foot flat on the pedal at the correct speed - Its not too difficult once you get the hang of it

What? Like this?

C|x---------------|
H|--x---x---x---x-|
S|----x-------x---|
B|x--x---xx--x---x|

I can play that ^^^, but im certain the extra bass drums are in there which fucks me right off! :LOL:

What? Like this?

C|x---------------|
H|--x---x---x---x-|
S|----x-------x---|
B|x--x---xx--x---x|

I can play that ^^^, but im certain the extra bass drums are in there which fucks me right off! :LOL:

Yes like that - thats my general interpretation. Im sure though he does through in extra notes here and there though with his flexible foot!!V.difficult to tell for sure.

He also adds the gong bass sometimes like this (and other places) may/may not be replacing the BD on the same note.

C|x---------------|

H|--x---x---x---x-|

S|----x-------x---|

GB|-------x--------|

B|x--x---xx--x---x|