Errr they went missing after the attack of the evil compressor ;)

(I only noticed those ghost notes long after recording that drum track)

Heh, I admit, I only heard them a fair week or so after learning to play the song. They didn't take long to incorporate into the song though. Now it's pretty flawless. Plus, I could do it with my eyes closed. ;)

I'm sure the bass is constant...

nah! ;)

CH|x-------------------------------|x-------------------------------|
HH|x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-|--------------------------------|
HT|------------x---------------x---|---------------x-----x----------|
MT|------------------x-------------|----------------------------x---|
FT|--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-|--x-x---x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-|
SN|x-----x-----------------x-------|x-----xx----x-----x-----x-------|
BD|--x-x---x-x---x-x---x-x---x---x-|--x-x---x-x---x--x--x--x--x---x-|

No. Mine is right and yours isn't. :p Don't listen to the studio version, use Hullabaloo.

EDIT: Why is that in 8/4?

Anyway, here's the newest concept kit I've designed, this one to compensate for the fact that I set up and play left handed but lead fills with the right hand. This kit is inteded to be played open handed.

KITCONCEPT.jpg

It's actually 2 kits merged, a 4 piece and a 3 piece sharing a kick and a tom.

The toms descending towards the right have 3" diameter differences rather than the traditional 2" and they are of standard depths. The toms as descending towards the left have more traditional sizes. The kick is larger than todays norm.

12x10 R/L

15x13 R

18x16 R

14x12 L

24x16 kick

A : 18" crash

B : 18" chinese

C : 14" hats

D : 8" splash

E : 22" ride

F : 19" crash

G : remote hat pedal operating C

I'd like to compose it out of stainless steel drums, the snare is the usual 14x6.5" Ludwig Acrolite (non chrome version of the Ludwig 402 Aluminium) and the pedals Pearl Eliminators, or course.

Hello!!

tom - 12x8 (hyper drive)

I forgot to mention also that 12x8 is not a hyper drive depth. 12x7 would be. Just think WWTBU? (what would Travis Barker use?) and that's hyper drive. Dom is also using a 12x8 Mirage tom (or maybe even shorter) even though Tama doesn't make them. Either they made one just for him or, in line with his tendency to customize his kits aftermarket he's had it cust down and re-edged.

Short toms looks silly.

No. Mine is right and yours isn't. :p Don't listen to the studio version, use Hullabaloo.

Aaahhh.....thats why then. I play the proper version! ;):p

EDIT: Just listened to Showbiz Live off Hullabaloo and there definately ISNT constant double bass. He plays it the way ive tabbed it.

EDIT 2: Just listened to some more live versions and my tab is correct.

EDIT: Why is that in 8/4?

i dunno what signature its in....im not the best drum theorist but you understood it! :p

Throughout the entire song he plays that constant bass pattern.

They're the same thing. Live versions are more natural though.

:confused: Have you looked at mine? It has no double bass, it has crochets on bass and hat pedal simultaneously. he plays this constant foot pattern throughout the entire song. Technically mine is quite identical to yours except the constant rhythm is on the bass not the last floor which frees up the hands to play it properly. ;)

Throughout the entire song he plays that constant bass pattern.

who said that! :confused:

:confused: Have you looked at mine? It has no double bass, it has crochets on bass and hat pedal simultaneously. he plays this constant foot pattern throughout the entire song. Technically mine is quite identical to yours except the constant rhythm is on the bass not the last floor which frees up the hands to play it properly. ;)

if you actually watch and listen to hullabaloo (or any other video of the song) then you'd see that he plays it on the floor tom....you can easily pick out the bass drum when its struck.... and its definately not all the way through ;)

EDIT:

look at 2.11 ;) Thankyaw!!!

There's nothing there. I own Hullabaloo and the soundtrack. I examined each relevant bit of Showbiz frame by frame. The toms make a definite and irritating click in Hullabaloo. Said click is present NOT as ostinato.

who said that!

Me.

you can easily pick out the bass drum when its struck....

I can, yes.

There's nothing there. I own Hullabaloo and the soundtrack. I examined each relevant bit of Showbiz frame by frame. The toms make a definite and irritating click in Hullabaloo. Said click is present NOT as ostinato.
err yeah there is - it clearly shows dom playing the floor tom with his left hand...not just one beat....but for each crotchet - thus proving my tab to be correct. That clicking is the bass drum.

i own the soundtrack and the dvd and the instrumental and ive seen it twice live and i play it myself all the time and i own many other bootlegs and video versions of the song and ive just pointed you in the direction of a youtube video of it. Watch it again at 2.10-2.14. Its a birds eye view!!! I am right!

Me.

Then why are you replying to a quote that you originally said :confused:

I can, yes.

Well you need your ears testing! :p ...and get yourself some in ear monitoring headphones. :p

Perhaps there can be a pact to disagreement?

Nah - just watch that youtube video! ;)

err yeah there is - it clearly shows dom playing the floor tom with his left hand...not just one beat....but for each crotchet - thus proving my tab to be correct. That clicking is the bass drum.

There is no clicking, that's the point. The toms click, the bass doesn't. No constant click = no constant toms.

ive just pointed you in the direction of a youtube video of it

That's brill, I just said I own the DVD, what use would I have for a grainy YouTube that lacks frame by frame step through?

Then why are you replying to a quote that you originally said

Accident.

Well you need your ears testing!

Your just saying I'm wrong is getting more and more convincing every time. Keep at it, you'll wear me down yet.

Nah - just watch that youtube video!

There's nothing there. I examined each relevant bit of Showbiz frame by frame.

I can only imagine you're referring to the bit where he'd be playing the toms anyway.

i play it myself all the time

Woah... stand back.

There is no clicking, that's the point. The toms click, the bass doesn't. No constant click = no constant toms.

dodgy speakers you have there...

That's brill, I just said I own the DVD, what use would I have for a grainy YouTube that lacks frame by frame step through?

Fine - insert dvd - click on showbiz and watch 2.10 - 2.14 into the song. High quality audio / visual experience of him playing the correct beat on the toms that you can watch 'frame by frame' to see that your tab is wrong.

Your just saying I'm wrong is getting more and more convincing every time. Keep at it, you'll wear me down yet.

Wheey! A bit of niles wit! I was waiting for that! :D

I can only imagine you're referring to the bit where he'd be playing the toms anyway.

Nope. Thats the thing. The only toms at that bit is the floor tom like ive tabbed out.

That bit of the song (according to YOUR tab) is only on the bass drum and the video proves this not to be the case.

The bits in bold is what that video is showing:

CH|x-------------------------------[b]|x------------------[/b]-------------|
HH|x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-[b]|-------------------[/b]-------------|
HT|------------x---------------x---[b]|---------------x---[/b]--x----------|
MT|------------------x-------------[b]|-------------------[/b]-------------|
FT|--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-[b]|--x-x---x-x-x-x-x-x[/b]-x-x-x-x-x-x-|
SN|x-----x-----------------x-------[b]|x-----xx----x-----x[/b]-----x-------|
BD|--x-x---x-x---x-x---x-x---x---x-[b]|--x-x---x-x---x--x-[/b]-x--x--x-----|

You even see him play the snare with his right hand then the high tom with the same hand straight afterwards.....JUST like my tab!

Hey hey.

Just a quick question, if you look at This (Paul Gilbert, Scarified Video) am I right in thinking that the drummer has a set of closed hats mounted on the right of his kit(His floor tom I think).

I've always thought about having a normal set and a closed set of hats in a kit for double bass but never seen it before, is that what he's doing?

He appears to be using one of these (only a dw model):

whs860.jpg

Highly cool :D

dodgy speakers you have there...

Headphones.

I'd also point out that the visuals do NOT always match the song on Hullabaloo. It's not as bad as Bullet In A Bible but look at Dom from 0:49:59 to 0:50:03 if you don't believe me.

Anyway here's proof I'm wrong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeYMxf-SICk

Pardon me, could someone tell me the size of Dom's new floor tom please?!

He has two: 14x12 and 16x14.

Pardon me, could someone tell me the size of Dom's new floor tom please?!

He has two in 14x12 and 16x14.

thanks man!

by the way...the one you said it's in 16X14 is a 16x13! (that if he hasn't changed) Doesn't make much difference...but oh well.

The chrome kit had 14x12 and 16x13. The acrylic ones are 14x12 and 16x14. He's used square floors in the past, too.

ah ok...what do you think I should put then? for general. What are square floors? ( sorry, it's hard for me in english )

Square drums have equal diameter and depth eg 14x14 or 16x16.

ah ok...what do you think I should put then?

Put where? There is no general, he has used differently sized toms and kick on every kit.

doesnt matter. I thought they were the same since he started using the starclassic, had never noticed any difference.

I'd also point out that the visuals do NOT always match the song on Hullabaloo. It's not as bad as Bullet In A Bible but look at Dom from 0:49:59 to 0:50:03 if you don't believe me.

Yeah - but that bit isnt. lol

Anyway here's proof I'm wrong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeYMxf-SICk

was that an apology i heard? ;)