hes shit, and drumming like that is shit, but hes shit at it haha

You're clearly have bull shit in your brain cavity.

but im a size 10 in shoes! there isnt enough leverage at the point where my heel touches the pedal to cause momentum....

Take your shoes off. ;) Try this: put the ball of your foot at around the middle of your pedal, push down with your ankle while keeping your leg still, in heel up style you can now play ridiculously fast singles by just twitching your thigh muscle.

I didn't watch those videos, are they proposing the heel-toe method or something else? At any rate I'm completely certain that it's no 'secret' and shouldn't be paid for.

Just out of interest could you tab the pice that Dom plays fast bass in?

its easy as fucku hit the pedal with ur heel then ur toe fast, u jsut need ot get the hang of it, im not even a drummer and i can do it, i have to do it hard

Look dude just stop talking.

was he doing single handed rolls on the snare?

What's wrong with that? I do all of my fills except the very fast ones one handed so I can keep and ostinato or run some extra complexities on the other hand.

I reckon it's a click track/metronome - he appears to be playing cymbals, snare and cowbell at the same time..

Yeah you're right.

but im a size 10 in shoes! there isnt enough leverage at the point where my heel touches the pedal to cause momentum....

Take your shoes off. ;) Try this: put the ball of your foot at around the middle of your pedal, push down with your ankle while keeping your leg still, in heel up style you can now play ridiculously fast singles by just twitching your thigh muscle.

I didn't watch those videos, are they proposing the heel-toe method or something else? At any rate I'm completely certain that it's no 'secret' and shouldn't be paid for.

It wasn't heel up, I don't think - it was some double-strike thing, maybe heel-toe(which I know nothing about - I thought it was a hi-hat swing thing that some people do to keep time)...

niles shut up, your an arse, im sure everyone wil lagree, you constantly talk like an arse, so shut up right..

i dont care aobut your im elite fuck you method of doing it were still yet to hear you drum, i bet you're shit.

im telling you i can do that by doing what i said, and its easy, so why not do it...

niles shut up, your an arse, im sure everyone wil lagree, you constantly talk like an arse, so shut up right..

i dont care aobut your im elite fuck you method of doing it were still yet to hear you drum, i bet you're shit.

im telling you i can do that by doing what i said, and its easy, so why not do it...

Try explaining it properly then...

its simple, your foot hits the pedal this shape /

then *leaves* the pedal \ that shape

do it hard and you'll learn it yourselfs o you hit with your heel for one then toe with another, cause it to kick twice, producing a double bass effect

Oh ok, that kindof makes sense now, although that's a lot of impact trauma to your leg and doesn't seem that efficient.... I'll try it out:) .

Oh come now there's no need to be like that. You made a fuck wit call about a good drummer and I called you on it. It's nothing personal.

Name a song. I can play it.

Actually he is. The fact that you mention Travis Barker probably means that you wouldn't have any concept of what a technically capable drummer looks like and so voids your opinion.

On...

Do you know what "rhetoric" is? How about "sarcasm"? Of course I can't play every song ever written (I've never even heard those bands you mention) but that does not detract from my point which is: you are a moron to think that insulting my capacity as a drummer, and Akira Jimbo's, would somehow make you look better. And just a moron in general but I'll stick with that for the time being.

Heel-toe is a technically sloppy way of playing double strokes. It has the benefit of making alot of noise. The way I described is much more accurate but is alot quieter.

Heel-toe is a technically sloppy way of playing double strokes. It has the benefit of making alot of noise. The way I described is much more accurate but is alot quieter.

and why would you want quieter?

its also alot more effort.. you mayaswell use a double pedal if you're going to do it that way

So you type like a chav and read at primary school level. I said I'd never heard them, not never heard of them. i never said you said that Travis was good, just that you referenced him and probably have no idea what a good drummer looks like. Get it?

and why would i say you're crap,

I don't know, it's a psychological thing that most insecure people have, to denigrate someone in front of others elevates their self esteem.

and why would you want quieter?

its also alot more effort.. you mayaswell use a double pedal if you're going to do it that way

You don't, that's a side effect. Of course if you've got mics it doesn't matter. Using a double defeats the whole purpose. WTF would you even bother learning heel toe if you've got a double?

If you're not good enough to do it my way... I'm not forcing you. if you want accuracy and ridiculously fast singles that's what I reccommend.

and why would i say you're crap,

I don't know, it's a psychological thing that most insecure people have, to denegrate someone in front of others elevates their self esteem.

so is always trying to be the centre of attention, and trying to be right all the time when other people are "wrong" ;)

Just out of interest could you tab the pice that Dom plays fast bass in?

Its not necessarily 'fast' - but its getting the technique to the verses of Knights of cydonia. I just cant get my foot to do it. Im quite an advanced drummer and usually have no problems - but this song im finding very difficult - just the bass drum and just the verse (the rest of the song is fine).

Its like gallopping - which i cant do (yet) ;)

You made a fuck wit call about a good drummer and I called you on it.

but. hes not good lol

Who are you talking about? Travis Barker? :confused:

Just been to my local music shop and thats what the drum tutor in there said. :yesey: He showed me the 'sliding' method where your foot starts in the centre of the footboard and then moves forward.

Ive just gotta practice that i presume...

WARNING: please don't feed the troll.

Its not necessarily 'fast' - but its getting the technique to the verses of Knights of cydonia. I just cant get my foot to do it. Im quite an advanced drummer and usually have no problems - but this song im finding very difficult - just the bass drum and just the verse (the rest of the song is fine).

I hear it as:

H|--x---x-

S|----x---

K|x------x

I meant you've seen it live are there more bass strokes to it?

Who are you talking about? Travis Barker?

Akira Jimbo.

Just been to my local music shop and thats what the drum tutor in there said. He showed me the 'sliding' method where your foot starts in the centre of the footboard and then moves forward.

Yup, I went to a Rodney Holmes clinic where he demonstrated it. Alot of people find it loses consistency with repetition, so it works fine for a double here and there but extensive heel-toeing doesnt stay in time very well. I can't say I've ever tried it.

I hear it as:

H|--x---x-

S|----x---

K|x------x

I meant you've seen it live are there more bass strokes to it?

It's definately this:

C|x---------------|
H|--x---x---x---x-|
S|----x-------x---|
B|x--xx--xx--xx--x|

ive studied this song for too long now trying to find out what he does - plus ive seen it live twice. lol :LOL:

Yup, I went to a Rodney Holmes clinic where he demonstrated it. Alot of people find it loses consistency with repetition, so it works fine for a double here and there but extensive heel-toeing doesnt stay in time very well. I can't say I've ever tried it.

Yeah - he said that. he said that the heel toe works great every now and then - but when used in a song there isnt any power in the first beat and it sounds awful! lol