Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

It is! I was lucky enough to be on barrier at iHeart directly in front of Chris. The moment the song started, my first thought was just "woah" :eek::LOL:

Not going to lie, part of me is irritated about the leak. It was something so cool and special just for us, and now it's not anymore. Maybe that makes me selfish :LOL:

This mentality really bothers me. You got to see the live debut and have even met the band. And I'd kill just to see Muse in a theater setting, or even just multiple times in a tour. Saying it isn't special anymore is ridiculous.

This mentality really bothers me. You got to see the live debut and have even met the band. And I'd kill just to see Muse in a theater setting, or even just multiple times in a tour. Saying it isn't special anymore is ridiculous.

I wasn't trying to be offensive or anything with my comment, or trying to down-play the awesome experience I had. The leak was inevitable, and I should have anticipated that, but I went into this thing thinking "Oh cool, we are going to exclusively hear a song that no one else will hear until the album comes out!" Now it's all over the internet and everyone's heard it, so that irks me a bit, is all. It was still a huge privilege to be there!

I think there will be lyric video on 18th and official one will be released in june, around album's release date. Not earlier, cause it seems like they've just filmed it, and DI video was released three weeks later after instagram posts.

I'm thinking a lyric video with band performance, but yeah, seems like it would be at the same time, or close, if they're showing pics.

I think they'll just bypass the lyric aspect of the video. I'm fairly certain superimposing all the lyrics and crap takes way more editing time than just putting the band to the music and doing appropriate band cuts versus getting all the lyrics to appear, etc. I mean of course unless Tom's got nothing better to do.

- He's not alone. There's a team working with him.

- His job is creating visual content for Muse, having something better to do or not is irrelevant.

- He (and his) team have had enough time to work on a lyric video.

not saying it is going to be lyrics video, but it's purely their artistic decision to do it or not. editing time is not a defining factor.

- He's not alone. There's a team working with him.

- His job is creating visual content for Muse, having something better to do or not is irrelevant.

- He (and his) team have had enough time to work on a lyric video.

not saying it is going to be lyrics video, but it's purely their artistic decision to do it or not. editing time is not a defining factor.

Of course they'll ultimately decide what they're going to do, and yeah I know he has a team. How is editing time not a defining factor? We don't know if there's already been a pre-prepared lyric video planned for release on the 18th or if we'll instead be receiving the teased video (lyric or not) that features the band on the 18th. Nobody has a clue what their scheduling is like, but I do know Tom seems to have been spending a lot of time lately working on that new video for that one guitarist whose name escapes me and I can't be bothered to look it up right now.

Mercy has got similarities with many songs to be honest. Sure the bassline with a synth-melody does remind a bit of Starlight, but the bassline is more similar to Easily in style. The chorus makes me think partly of Glorious because of the falsetto and Follow Me. Then there's a bit of Sing for Absolution in how Matt sings with the same rhythm and similar melody as the piano/synth.

All in all it's a very 'musey' song, with an overall BHAR feeling and gives a small notion of Coldplay and/or White Lies without being too similar (don't like Coldplay very much so I'm happy about that).

That's my opinion at least

EDIT: Also, does he sing 'Turn me into a power drone" in the bridge? :LOL:

Edited by Zolic